List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waste of a list spot. We’ve got big, slow mids covered. We need some speed, both on ball and around the stoppage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's ok. He's a small, slow, mid.

Not to worry, I don't think Cameron Hicks knows much about anything.

Had a look. Phillips contract runs out this year. So what he is worth as an uncontracted player, probably a late pick swap, or PSD. So can get him quite cheap but does he add anything or does he just take midfield time away from this year's draftees
Can’t see any point in Phillips

Waste of a list spot. We’ve got big, slow mids covered. We need some speed, both on ball and around the stoppage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
agree.
we need speed inserted into the midfield.
and unfortunately we got no guarantees Graham is going anywhere

I would only bring him in if the plan is the play him as a permanent tagger on the opposition best mid. Very good tagger.

Otherwise no.
If we get Phillips reasonably cheap he is a no brainer for mine. He comes from the house that Jack built. Jack....

....Ziebell that is. So will will have some inside knowledge at our club.

At worst he is midfield depth better than Dow. He seems to have the ability to tag effectively. But he has potential upside, he has definitely been hampered by injuries. If we can get him for say a pick in the 30's, you have to take a punt on him. Possibly even worth a pick in the 20's.

I would only bring him in if the plan is the play him as a permanent tagger on the opposition best mid. Very good tagger.

Otherwise no.

The tag is back in and he’s very good at it.

Hence why we have interest and with Fridge leaving that’s why.

If we get Phillips reasonably cheap he is a no brainer for mine. He comes from the house that Jack built. Jack....

At worst he is midfield depth better than Dow. He seems to have the ability to tag effectively. But he has potential upside, he has definitely been hampered by injuries. If we can get him for say a pick in the 30's, you have to take a punt on him. Possibly even worth a pick in the 20's.
I don't see North enough to know him . But dropped again I notice. Better than Dow he may be, I was staggered that Dow got selected again for the Port game. Graham & Baker have been tagging lately. When Graham's back he'll do that again.

So they will be ahead of Phillips.

Spend pick in the 20s on a player, they're best 22.

Depends on our trades I suppose, I can't see Graham going anywhere.

I'd rather spend any draft capital on KPFs,

I wouldn't even give a pick in the 30s for him. Late pick or PSD imo. Low chance of making it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A pick around 50 or PSD. We need our late picks to get Brissys first. They can have what Brissy don't take. He's looking a bust.

Anyway here's his draft profile...

Reads eerily similar to a bigger bodied Jagga. Didn't get as much footy as Jagga.

I wouldn't even give a pick in the 30s for him. Late pick or PSD imo. Low chance of making it

We won't PSD him on North after the CCJ deal. It will be interesting to see what his value is in a trade. I thought a pick in the 20's earlier in the season, but North keep dropping him to the VFL, so the value is likely to be reduced from that level. But take a line through Butler(traded for a 60's pick), Koschitzke(40's pick) guys of a similar age who were fringe players at their team. Phillips is an inside mid and was highly rated as a junior, he would surely be worth more than either of those players despite being uncontracted.

We won't PSD him on North after the CCJ deal. It will be interesting to see what his value is in a trade. I thought a pick in the 20's earlier in the season, but North keep dropping him to the VFL, so the value is likely to be reduced from that level. But take a line through Butler(traded for a 60's pick), Koschitzke(40's pick) guys of a similar age who were fringe players at their team. Phillips is an inside mid and was highly rated as a junior, he would surely be worth more than either of those players despite being uncontracted.
Butler had proven himself as a premiership player. Kozi we paid overs as a tall as did North for CCJ. But yes I'd expect it to be around the Kozi mark.

Riolis value went up a notch after last night

He is elite
Never really been any question about that Karp, whatever his form is on any given weekend.

Watching the Suns yesterday, they are desperate for a Rioli, Saad (ironically), Blakey type to provide that powerful run, bounce and deliver off half back.

Given Dimma's history with Dan, and his desperate need to furnish this attribute within his squad, the Suns could quite conceivably part with two Top 10-12 draft picks for him.

I thought more of a pick swap deal as we need our picks to draft players. Given he seems a failed player maybe a 10 spot movement, e.g. a 3rd round from us for phillips and north's 4th round. His profile read amazing, but it says pure midfielder so probably can't play anywhere else, which doesn't sound good for Dow. Maybe it's one of those where we offer what we offer and north can take it or leave it.

3rd rounder at best I reckon MR. Certainly nothing higher than #40.

Never really been any question about that Karp, whatever his form is on any given weekend.

Watching the Suns yesterday, they are desperate for a Rioli, Saad (ironically), Blakey type to provide that powerful run, bounce and deliver off half back.

Given Dimma's history with Dan, and his desperate need to furnish this attribute within his squad, the Suns could quite conceivably part with two Top 10-12 draft picks for him.
GC have a lot of talent and will be a let's go all in for the premiership mode, so we could get a bit for him. It would be a loss for our team but 2 top 15 picks and maybe a player, and maybe MRJ going up there too I'd the riolis want to stay together.

The other thing to consider is do they have academy players again I think? Means later picks back could be in the mix for another early pick. By all accounts this is the last year to do it as the draft rules could change next year so we should take advantage now

It could end up the 2 riolis going to GC, along with picks for points for academy players, and lots coming back our way being early picks and maybe a player in a position they have a surplus of. Anyone know much about their VFL?

GC have a lot of talent and will be a let's go all in for the premiership mode, so we could get a bit for him. It would be a loss for our team but 2 top 15 picks and maybe a player, and maybe MRJ going up there too I'd the riolis want to stay together.

The other thing to consider is do they have academy players again I think? Means later picks back could be in the mix for another early pick. By all accounts this is the last year to do it as the draft rules could change next year so we should take advantage now

It could end up the 2 riolis going to GC, along with picks for points for academy players, and lots coming back our way being early picks and maybe a player in a position they have a surplus of. Anyone know much about their VFL?
They have Lombard this year. They have enough points for him already I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back