List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was uncontracted then it will be close to fair with WC paying slight overs.

He is contracted though, so they will need to pay a little more than that. Probably require something like a swap of our 3rd rounder for their 2nd rnd on top of that imo.
It would be way unders. You're not getting anyone close to as good as Bolton with pick 3 in this draft.

Or importantly he isn't showing any interest himself that he'll entertain the prospect of leaving. All the other players being speculated has met a representative of another club in the last half year.
Fancy giving him five years or whatever. The only worse mistake was giving him Dusty's 2020 JDM.

What do people think of Bolton for Pick 3?

We get unders. But it might work.

Bolton is easily worth pick 3. But we also get to rebuild a potentially elite midfield in one hit. You lose a lot you might win a lot.

it's all about winning premierships. And to win them we need an elite midfield. Bolton's age means that we need to be in the zone within about 5 years. So it's a trade off of time to be a contender versus likelihood. Right now we suck. But without injuries we'd be a good team. However, our reliance on Lynch is overwhelming. We have to get that top end KPF, or multiple B grade KPFs. Without that player we aren't winning a premiership. Therefore, I'd say the trade makes sense because we aren't contending for a few years.

Unless, of course, we have a genuine good KPF trade target coming. Then the game is different.

I personally reckon we should bite the bullet and do a thorough rebuild here and now. And accept the 5 years to be a contender again.

Great key forward's goal there by Luflankus. Didn't contest the mark, preferring to lurk out the back, got lucky and dribbled one through.

Did he run over your cat or something?

Bolton is easily worth pick 3. But we also get to rebuild a potentially elite midfield in one hit. You lose a lot you might win a lot.

it's all about winning premierships. And to win them we need an elite midfield. Bolton's age means that we need to be in the zone within about 5 years. So it's a trade off of time to be a contender versus likelihood. Right now we suck. But without injuries we'd be a good team. However, our reliance on Lynch is overwhelming. We have to get that top end KPF, or multiple B grade KPFs. Without that player we aren't winning a premiership. Therefore, I'd say the trade makes sense because we aren't contending for a few years.

Unless, of course, we have a genuine good KPF trade target coming. Then the game is different.

I personally reckon we should bite the bullet and do a thorough rebuild here and now. And accept the 5 years to be a contender again.
I am of the opinion we must have a big name forward that we are confident of bringing to the club, maybe not this off season but the next. I have no idea who but really hope it’s not Max King.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking at what we built to get those 3 flags.(Drafts only).
Cotch/Dusty & Lids(Top 3)
Took us 9yrs from when Lids was drafted before we made finals.Obviously we're more aware of how to build a side better than in those Wallace days but we have an opportunity should it arise(Boltons request) to fast track that process.

Took us 9yrs from when Lids was drafted before we made finals.Obviously we're more aware of how to build a side better than in those Wallace days but we have an opportunity should it arise(Boltons request) to fast track that process.
There are also more tools than back them days

Free agency and trading cap space for picks coming in will accelerate things quickly
We also have a better base than back then

What do people think of Bolton for Pick 3?
Only if they chuck in these:

FXST2023_1.jpg

9a3f61d8-5383-40f2-bf6d-109b4a9b3eaa.jpg

Last edited:

well said sir..many great and correct points made

Humphrey is a below average player, never understood hype around him. I would be asking for Lukosius instead.
I'd just take another pick. Lukosius is non-competitive as a tall forward.

He's the type that Dimma hates. Wouldn't be surprised if they offload him to Adelaide.

Bolton is capable of amazing football. Last year Vs Freo last year gets the ball 33 times. plus centre clearances, plus goals. Unique attributes.

What a joke selecting Bolton in the fwd line this year. He should be permanent starting mid.

Dow and Graham and Baker in the middle mix ahead of him. He gets his 1.5 goals a game but he's more damaging up the field.

what a criminal waste.

now we are talking of trading Bolton so we can get the draft pick for a quality mid. FMD madness

No wonder the guy wants out.

Last edited:
The longer the year goes on, and the more the injuries and losses pile up, the more I find myself hoping that we're headed for a big clean out and reset of the list and the football department now that Yze has had a good look at what he has at his disposal and now knows what he needs to build a team that is capable of playing in the manner he wants us to.

I'm beginning to believe that we will lose at least 2 of Baker Bolton and Daniel to trades and the clean out won't stop there. I believe we're going to be seeing a much different looking side in 2025 and beyond.

It’s likely we be up with the spoon. North are playing well and should have had a few wins already.

At our best I think this list is bottom of the eight. You’d also never rule out a team with a fit Tom Lynch. Though it’s become clear that we can’t keep our team on the park, with their age and injury history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back