List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could get Noah Anderson, Mitch georgiades and Isaac cumming then I think we could rocket back up the ladder …… much easier said then done though
Anderson should be a target for when prestia retires. Need his type to round out our midfield mix, too many bulldozers and no ferraris

Anderson should be a target for when prestia retires. Need his type to round out our midfield mix, too many bulldozers and no ferraris
Rate him but I wouldn’t bother

Just takes a midfield rotation from a gun mid draftee when we already have Taranto and Hopper in the mix

Rate him but I wouldn’t bother

Just takes a midfield rotation from a gun mid draftee when we already have Taranto and Hopper in the mix
agree, we should be getting a heap of midfielders in this draft and the next few drafts.

probably will play a totally different way in a few years racking up fantasy points. In fact we will bring in someone from the bench just to shut down Anderson while we beat them in other ways

agree, we should be getting a heap of midfielders in this draft and the next few drafts.

probably will play a totally different way in a few years racking up fantasy points. In fact we will bring in someone from the bench just to shut down Anderson while we beat them in other ways
Yeah although I don’t think we should be looking solely for mids either

Maybe our top two picks this year on the best mids available but feel we also quite badly need at least one highly rated key forward prospect and maybe spend a half decent pick (maybe 2nd round) on a crafty small forward and a small/medium defender around the same range and try and do similar next year

I had some news from a family friend who is on the coaching staff at the tigers and he stated the he felt Aden E lacks in his leadership and appears to have lost the likes of Dusty who has lost interest and enjoyment of the game and is unlikely to play again this year.

I call BS. If a 15-year veteran of the game doesn’t have the internal drive to play the best footy he can for his own ego and reputation, just because his new coach is lacking leadership, then that’s on Martin, not Yze.

And if someone on the coaching staff is spreading negative info about the senior coach who has been in the job 5-minutes, then that shows their character and they should be promptly sacked.

As I said, I call BS. But if it’s true, then I’d be more critical of Martin and the coaching staff member than Yze, who is just in there trying his best.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Noah Anderson is overrated, just like his mate Rowell. Don't you wonder why the Black Hole Suns get their heads kicked in by good midfields?

you do have to wonder if we will see Dusty lace the boots up again?
thank god, we had the #300 to celebrate
still not over... till its over:disrelieved:
It did feel like Dusty said goodbye when he did that walk around the centre square after his 300th. I really doubt he will go to GCS next year. He’s lost a metre of pace and gets caught and harassed much more these days. I have loved his time at the club but we need to move on from him and Grimes etc. If we are going to rebuild from the draft then we need to prioritise game time for the next generation

It did feel like Dusty said goodbye when he did that walk around the centre square after his 300th. I really doubt he will go to GCS next year. He’s lost a metre of pace and gets caught and harassed much more these days. I have loved his time at the club but we need to move on from him and Grimes etc. If we are going to rebuild from the draft then we need to prioritise game time for the next generation
body is breaking down and would have to of had enough of the media spotlight
retirement is coming
he's got the legacy and the bank account - go live his life and be happy!

I had some news from a family friend who is on the coaching staff at the tigers and he stated the he felt Aden E lacks in his leadership and appears to have lost the likes of Dusty who has lost interest and enjoyment of the game and is unlikely to play again this year.
Dusty has lost my interest as well, he has been below average for a couple of seasons now. I'll be really disappointed if we offer him a new contract he needs to retire. Glad that he is contemplating a move if that's the case.

Also WTF someone in our coaching staff thinks Yze lacks leadership? So basically bagging out his boss? Better not be Teague or Rutten they can't coach to save themselves.

Noah Anderson is overrated, just like his mate Rowell. Don't you wonder why the Black Hole Suns get their heads kicked in by good midfields?
Champion data have Anderson the 7th worst inside 50 kick in the comp and Rowell & Flanders bottom 25. That’s why Hardwick is desperate to get Rioli & Dusty who can kick as they are butchering so many forward entries.

Dusty has lost my interest as well, he has been below average for a couple of seasons now. I'll be really disappointed if we offer him a new contract he needs to retire. Glad that he is contemplating a move if that's the case.

Also WTF someone in our coaching staff thinks Yze lacks leadership? So basically bagging out his boss? Better not be Teague or Rutten they can't coach to save themselves.
Dusty was in the all Australian squad last year , and this year has been injured

Has some respect or at least don’t make stuff up, it means you lose all credibility

(Log in to remove this ad.)

weaknesses?

Not agility thats for sure

Pace ? 1st 5 steps not express, but when he gets going, hard to stop

I dont think he has weaknesses, inside outside midfielder who kicks goals, whats not to like?

I have knocks on his agility but I’ll wait until combine to see “truth”.

Think we all can acknowledge his lack of burst pace over 5-10m. Is that enough to knock him from number 1? Who knows? All I know is that he ain’t perfect and I want to see his Coates Talent league output against the very best and I’m yet to see it. That’s tomorrow for him.

He has weaknesses, they all do. You just gotta watch closer. But are his weaknesses fixable with development and growth and are they gonna hold him back against elite athletes?

There’s tomorrow, the end of the year and combine to come. Number one pick isn’t a definite atm and I’m still a FOS fan but willing to wait and watch and collect data.

Well considering Josh has 20kg and 20 cm on him , it won’t be much of a contest I can assure you , but hey bro, you do you 👍
You assure me? I've seen it, mate. FOS will beat him in a fair contest more than he loses. Be sure to tune in.

No excuses for Smillie tomorrow. He's had a trouble-free prep and he's up against two blokes second-up for two months.

I have knocks on his agility but I’ll wait until combine to see “truth”.

Think we all can acknowledge his lack of burst pace over 5-10m. Is that enough to knock him from number 1? Who knows? All I know is that he ain’t perfect and I want to see his Coates Talent league output against the very best and I’m yet to see it. That’s tomorrow for him.

He has weaknesses, they all do. You just gotta watch closer. But are his weaknesses fixable with development and growth and are they gonna hold him back against elite athletes?

There’s tomorrow, the end of the year and combine to come. Number one pick isn’t a definite atm and I’m still a FOS fan but willing to wait and watch and collect data.
Not weighing in on judgement as an individual but if burst pace is a weakness it’s probably the worst type of weakness for that type of player to have imo

Like Dusty or Danger for example they don’t have much chop at the top end speed wise but it’s that initial burst of speed that enables them to to break through midfield scrums

Jack Graham for example is the opposite, no burst speed but is one of our quicker players over time but regularly looks slow in the contest because of this

What was the knock that saw Cripps slide? I'm assuming it was similar to Smilie in that he was judged as a lumbering manchild who'd get shown up at senior level?

A Cripps clone would be handy for any side but fmd we need to address the lack of pace and skill in there at some stage.

What was the knock that saw Cripps slide? I'm assuming it was similar to Smilie in that he was judged as a lumbering manchild who'd get shown up at senior level?

A Cripps clone would be handy for any side but fmd we need to address the lack of pace and skill in there at some stage.
This is from his draft profile back in the day, lacks top end speed but does specifically mention he has very good burst speed

The most glaring weakness in Pat Cripps’ game is his lack of athleticism. Cripps is not slow but he isn’t very fast either. What he has to compensate for this is a very quick first three steps, and when you take into account his size, he is about as easy to tackle as a small truck when he gets going. Fortunately for opponents Cripps isn’t one to go out and run, preferring to make others look good by doing the hard work for them and giving it to them in space.
Cripps is not only an inside player. He has shown an ability to accumulate on the outside as well. He is a smart footballer and knows where the ball is going to go next so he can get some cheap kicks out in the open.”

True true and true

Good luck trying to get that!
I think they have said it's a deep draft, roughly good players up to 30? So as many picks as possible within that 30 hopefully and we reload as much as possible. Normally it's 2 players within the top 40, I'd hope for 6 this year means its 3 years of rebuild done at once. It's good most free agents have signed up. I read zurhaar looks like signing too.

Was there a story that WC were looking at Steely Green? I wonder how many of our players have interest in going home? If Broad could get us a pick that would be a win too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back