List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the things I’ve heard indicate that Shai, Rioli & Bakes are not going. Even though Rioli & Shai are contracted, given our record at the trade table we would reluctantly make a trade happen should anyone on our list wish to leave & get the best result for the RFC….

Freo will win the flag with Bolton so I reckon they unload the truck in a bid to get him

This!

Shai is exactly what Freo need to win the flag - their first. Just go super hard and get him for whatever it takes - would be what I think they should do.

If they offered us enough we might do it

This!

Shai is exactly what Freo need to win the flag - their first. Just go super hard and get him for whatever it takes - would be what I think they should do.

Give us their 4 x rd 1 picks and we pay some salary. Maybe we give them a couple of later picks back.

This will come down to their desire to win that maiden flag. The stronger Suns and Freo are while we are down the tougher for our main rivals to win flags. So it could be well worth doing a bit of mutual back-scratching with Freo and the Suns. :cool:

kane on sen said bolton is talking to other clubs and is meeting with richmond this week
If Shai was to leave, I suspect our membership would drop to 80,000 or below almost immediately. It would cost the club at least his $1.2M/year in membership revenue alone. Can we stomach that?

Yeah, I know the club is bigger than the individual and all that, but with Dusty signing out very soon we need his excitement at our club, not someone else's.

Give us their 4 x rd 1 picks and we pay some salary. Maybe we give them a couple of later picks back.

This will come down to their desire to win that maiden flag. The stronger Suns and Freo are while we are down the tougher for our main rivals to win flags. So it could be well worth doing a bit of mutual back-scratching with Freo and the Suns. :cool:

If they just lay on 3 firsts and we pay some $ we each win. Winning a flag is so hard, it'd be stupid not to go that extra.

But I reckon we wouldn't trade Shai unless it was well to our advantage.

If Shai was to leave, I suspect our membership would drop to 80,000 or below almost immediately. It would cost the club at least his $1.2M/year in membership revenue alone. Can we stomach that?

Yeah, I know the club is bigger than the individual and all that, but with Dusty signing out very soon we need his excitement at our club, not someone else's.

Drop a little bit, but not a heap - not 20K

And if we could have a solid rebuild in one year people would be excited to see what we can show.

i hope we don't lose all of Baker, Rioli & Shai - We'll be in a world of pain for the next 5 years
Draft pics are good but they don't win you games for the first 2 years atleast (unless Reid type)
Lynch, dusty,prestia,broad,kmac will all finish up in 25 or max 26 and we'll have no leadership. If we continue to lose by big margins in the next 2 years while the draftees develop, Yze will be gone!

Trading all your talent for draft picks is insanity. Trade the ones who really want to go, do not push any young talent out. I am sure the club is smart and won't do it.

Mate Shai isn't that revered that we'd see an instant 20k+ membership drop. Seriously, teams lose gun players every year via trades or FA.

If we see a drop next year which we will, it's tied to the general feeling that we are in for a few down years, and Bolton or no Bolton that probably doesnt change that significantly.

They don't have 4 1st round picks
Leave the gun
Take the canoli

Mate Shai isn't that revered that we'd see an instant 20k+ membership drop. Seriously, teams lose gun players every year via trades or FA.

If we see a drop next year which we will, it's tied to the general feeling that we are in for a few down years, and Bolton or no Bolton that probably doesnt change that significantly.
Reckon the club will struggle to crack 90k member's next season even if Bolton stays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a bit off over kill don't you think..
and if 20k want to walk away because Shai leaves
then they were never richmond members in the first place.

a bit off over kill don't you think..
and if 20k want to walk away because Shai leaves
then they were never richmond members in the first place.
I think members will be quite excited to see us unpack all our new toys, we need something to look forward to.

Well it would ignorant and damn stupid to not at least hear the offers

Just pray he knocks them back otherwise we take them to the cleaners

Freo will win the flag with Bolton so I reckon they unload the truck in a bid to get him
Same with the Suns & Rioli . Desperate enough to have Rioli would make them finals bound for sure next year.
Along with Freo and Bolton. Bris & carl Picks for points
We could very well end up with
Picks 1/7/8/9/13/15/16/17/20 .
Think about it that's nearly half of the Vm or Vc sides on Sunday.

It's so frigging tempting.lol

Shai was in the side on Sunday and 20k turned up.
Clear indication that if the team isn't wi ning then Dusty could be playing and still get the same crowd.

They don't have 4 1st round picks.

Oh yes they do.

2023 Fremantle rd 1 - likely about pick 15 in the end.

2024 Collingwood rd 1 - Likely around pick 9.

2024 Port Adelaide rd 1 - likely around say pick 12.

2025 Fremantle rd 1 - expected value w/Bolton + half wage paid = pick 17.

How much do you want to win your first flag Fremantle? There is only one Shai Bolton in the AFL and this is your only chance to get him soon enough to get 6 or so high class years out of him, without having to make player cuts.

Bolton w/50% of his current contract paid for them, we want all 4 rd 1 picks, and maybe we send back a couple of rd 2 picks. If the value of this year's picks continues to increase then maybe we just take those 3 and nothing going back.

This!

Exactly, if I was Freo I would go all in for Bolton
They might win multiple flags with him

we don't hear much from the kid
and i'm far from pushing for a trade at all
what if he requests a move home? .. do we let him go ?
Yeah if he requests a trade then so be it.. wouldn’t hold him ransom

Be reasonably easy to replace but he’s showing really good signs so prefer to keep him

Last edited:
Can only see Baker leaving and even that's 50/50

All the other talk is just noise. Club has already shut down the Rioli and Bolton talks. Even if what Kane says is true, Shai is still contracted, and the club has already ruled it out.
Of course the club has shut them down cos they are guns under contract that haven’t requested a trade as yet

Different story when the players actually ask for a trade.

Then it’s the clubs due diligence to see what the opposition offers and then say no or take them to the cleaners with overs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back