List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch Cleary reckons JGTI is worth $650-700k per year as a free agent and that Eagles have some interest.

That'd probably get us a band 3 compo.
I just don't trust the AFL with working out what compo clubs get. Remember when we got absolutely shafted when Ellis left? We only got an end of 3rd rounder or something didnt we?

I just don't trust the AFL with working out what compo clubs get. Remember when we got absolutely shafted when Ellis left? We only got an end of 3rd rounder or something didnt we?
Only because poindexter Barrett had a whinge about the premiers getting a top 20 pick. Now we are on the bottom they won't care.

Suns scenario is an Academy pumping out a lot of young players. They seem to then pay every player a lot. So they end up with Chol, Bowes as overpaid depth.

Suns don't need a player from Geelong, just cap space problem solved.

I think the Giants end up in the same list management problem. Excess talented highly paid players.

Don't think Freo have similar structural cap problems.

Treacy or Amiss'd be handy but, picks, I imagine, from the WA clubs.
I'm not sure the point you're trying to make here? MR was comparing Geelong buying pick 7 by taking Bowes' contract and suggesting we buy a pick by paying some of Shai's. I'm saying the bidding starts at three first-rounders for a contracted matchwinner, and if they want us to pay some of his salary, the trade price goes up. I don't want to trade him or pay any of his salary if we do, but if we do, they pay up with draft picks.

Zero chance of getting Treacy or Amiss.

Zero chance freo would release those key forwards , Erasmus would def be a chance to be thrown into the mix , is he any good ? He gets respectable numbers at state league but so does sonsie and dow
Erasmus is too slow.

Remember when we got absolutely shafted when Ellis left? We only got an end of 3rd rounder or something didnt we?
No, we got a second-rounder after our pick which in effect was an end-of-second because we'd won the flag. I reckon that kind of money for JGTI would generate an end-of-second even if they did their usual level best to screw us. Maybe even a second after our pick, which would be gold and would have Kornes Karening from the rooftops.

BOLTONS MANAGER CAME OUT THE DAY AFTER EDDIE MCSIXCHINS NEPO BABY FORGOT TO DO HIS HOMEWORK AND PULĹED OLD MATE CLICKBATE MCLURES TRICK OF CLAIMING A RICHMOND GUN IS LEAVING. THE CHATTER WAS PARROTTED LAST WEEK BECAUSE CERTAIN TIGERS FANS LOVE TAKING THE BAIT AND FUELLING THE FIRE. BOLTONS MANAGER SHUT IT DOWN A 2ND TIME IN A MATTER OF 6 WEEKS YET 1/3 OF THE HYPTHETICAL TRADE SCENARIOS HERE INVOLVE BOLTON..... WTF DO PEOPLE WANT? HIM TO KNOCK ON THEIR DOOR AND TUCK THEM IN AT NIGHT REASSURING THEM PERSONALLY THAT HE'S STAYING?

FMD BAKER & DAN RIOLI HAVEN'T SAID BOO SO ARE FAIR GAME BUT BOLTON? THERE'S GONNA BE SOME DARK DREARY 100 POINT THUMPINGS ON THE HORIZON AND THE ONLY HIGHLIGHTS WILL BE SEEING IMPROVEMENTS FROM KIDS AND SOME BOLTON MAGIC. DUNNO WHY SO MANY WANT HIM GONE? PLUS HIS MRS IS KNOCKED UP AGAIN SO 50/50 COULD BE ANOTHER BOY 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗😊
boltonplzbreed

agree, think the AFL just will take the attude of you won 3 flags, you don't get rewarded.
we're a walk up to get screwed over and then stay silent about it

Ahh yep, my bad, from memory though his contract was one of those ones that should have triggered an even earlier pick that that though right?
Yep, it was basically the same deal as Motlop and Lycett got and Geelong and West Coast got end of first round compo.

Needs to have an affair with Caitlan Bassett or someone. His partner is tiny.
Na Bolton is a footy blue blood

Pretty sure he is related to both the Pickett and Krakouer dynasty’s
Doesn’t matter who his wife is his sons will be jets

Probably two of the best indigenous footy family’s apart from Rioli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats also got Bowes, who is playing first team football for them.

7, 10 and 14 is the opening to negotiations for a superstar on a long contract like Bolton. "Get us pick 2 or 3 ya campaigners, throw in a future first, and a second," is the counter. "You want us to pay some of his contract? Then it's pick 2, pick 10 and a future first. Or **** off and never win a flag you purple losers."
I've always wanted an F-14A Tomcat. Can you get them to throw that in as well?

**** me, people overrate our players. Pick 2 + pick 10 + future first (call it pick 13) would get you Zak Butters.

I've always wanted an F-14A Tomcat. Can you get them to throw that in as well?

**** me, people overrate our players. Pick 2 + pick 10 + future first (call it pick 13) would get you Zak Butters.
I am asking for overs for a contracted star who could be the difference for a club aiming for a flag. If not, we keep him. You are giving him away for two magic beans and paying for him to play against us. I reckon I could sell you a photo of a Tomcat for 10 grand.

I am asking for overs for a contracted star who could be the difference for a club aiming for a flag. If not, we keep him. You are giving him away for two magic beans and paying for him to play against us. I reckon I could sell you a photo of a Tomcat for 10 grand.
They won't pay more for Bolton than he is worth. If they are willing to go all in on a flag in the next couple of years they will trade out their draft hand for the very best player(s) they can. It's been well reported they are into Chad Warner. They could target almost ANY contracted player for the price you are suggesting.

They won't pay more for Bolton than he is worth. If they are willing to go all in on a flag in the next couple of years they will trade out their draft hand for the very best player(s) they can. It's been well reported they are into Chad Warner. They could target almost ANY contracted player for the price you are suggesting.

True. But right here and now their window is open, and Shai would absolutely make them much more of a premiership fancy.

Chad Warner is on everyone's list. Shai is really on the WA clubs list and Freo can pay for him and get us to pay his salary. Which then allows them to still go hunting next year for FAs.

It's really about overpaying to win a premiership, then suffering afterwards. But you'll be happy because you got that cup.

If you are not contending then do not do this. I.e. don't do what the Saints have done.

True. But right here and now their window is open, and Shai would absolutely make them much more of a premiership fancy.

Chad Warner is on everyone's list. Shai is really on the WA clubs list and Freo can pay for him and get us to pay his salary. Which then allows them to still go hunting next year for FAs.

It's really about overpaying to win a premiership, then suffering afterwards. But you'll be happy because you got that cup.

If you are not contending then do not do this. I.e. don't do what the Saints have done.
Agreed.

FWIW, this started with what I thought was a do-able trade (Bolton + Baker + 21 to Fremantle for 9, 13 and 15). In my opinion that is an overpay by Freo, but not ludicrous. It would come down to how much of Bolton's salary we were willing to pay and for how long.

Agreed.

FWIW, this started with what I thought was a do-able trade (Bolton + Baker + 21 to Fremantle for 9, 13 and 15). In my opinion that is an overpay by Freo, but not ludicrous. It would come down to how much of Bolton's salary we were willing to pay and for how long.
Not an overlay when you compare to what likes of
Wingate o meara , saad cerra went for
Bolton has better credentials than every single one of them
None of those players were AA and considered top 20 in the league at any point In Time . Bolton would demand 2 very good pics that’s why he’s being paid >1mn a year . Heck he’ll kick over 30g as a pt forward this year and hasnt even played that well

Agreed.

Bolton for 9, 13 and 24.
Baker for 15.

Happy to pay part salary for 12 months.

There is no way we should be sending our pick 21. Happy to give them some later picks to keep them in the draft (e.g. 63 and 66) if we don't need them.

That gives us pick 1, 9, 13, 15, 21, 24 plus change for point upgrades. Rioli stays. Plus Short and Graham for a couple of pics in the 30s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back