List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose Baker and Rioli this is roughly where we should take the trades:

Baker to WC for picks 23 and a future 3rd.

Trade with GC and Brisbane for Rioli

GC get: Rioli & picks 23, 41, 53
GC lose: Picks 7, 10, 36, 49

Brisbane get: Picks 35, 36, 39, 49
Brisbane lose: Picks 15, 54

We get: Picks 7, 10, 15, 54
We lose: Rioli & picks 23, 35, 39, 41 & 53

Lose Baker and Rioli and end up with picks 1, 7, 10, 15 and 21 in the draft + 54.

Draft 3 quality mids, that basketball ruckman and the best available non mid (maybe 200cm KPF guy) + some rando superstar at 54. That’s pretty much stage 1 of the rebuild completed.

Lose Baker and Rioli and end up with picks 1, 7, 10, 15 and 21 in the draft + 54.

Draft 3 quality mids, that basketball ruckman and the best available non mid (maybe 200cm KPF guy) + some rando superstar at 54. That’s pretty much stage 1 of the rebuild completed.

Send to blair@rfc.com.au and also bhartley@rfc.com.au and I'm sure one of those will be correct.

I think we should be bringing in at least 1 former high draft pick who hasn’t worked at their previous club. Whether that be Finn Macrae, Phillips or Tsatas (only if its for cheap)

It’s important to use all avenues of player recruitment in a rebuild and finding those gems can really speed up the rebuild process if we can hit on one.

I don't like the Baker trade. Pick 23 (30 after the compos) is nowhere near enough for a proven commodity. He won't screw us over so we can do better than that.

Hopefully Baker choses Freo - who have better trading options.
I think there will be a lot of arguing over this, if it is WC. It will probably end up being 23 (30) and a future 2nd. Which I still don't like. We should try and swap future 1st picks. That would make 2025 interesting.

I've read from those that would know say that after the top 6 or 7 it is an even draft with good players right into the 30's. So we'd essentially give up 3 of those picks for 1 and drop back 5 places in the 3rd round.

Pick 15 is being overvalued IMO. I wouldn't do that trade.

36, 39 & 49 is 1235 points - pick 15 is 1112 points. Keep 35

Thank heck you aren't in charge of our trades!

Baker is worth a pick inside 15 and Rioli x2 1st rounders.

Probably an unpopular personal opinion here but I think some people are overrating bakers trade value. I honestly love the bloke but He’s a 172cm un contracted utility that averages 18 touches across the journey. We all admire the the way he plays his footy but to other clubs he’s probably worth a pick in the 20’s and that’s it. Our injury curse hasn’t exactly helped his value either as he has had to play largely out of position all year.

hed go like pick 45 in this draft, the

What is the history of the first pick in the second round that makes it so special?
The potential of a slider slipping through first round
Over night all 17 recruitment staff go crazy in wanting this slider
We say you want this pick to get the slider
Then pay up

The potential of a slider slipping through first round
Over night all 17 recruitment staff go crazy in wanting this slider
We say you want this pick to get the slider
Then pay up

Hasn't seemed to happen in the 6 previous drafts since live trading was introduced. The pick doesn't seem to attract any greater premium to clubs wanting to trade up than any other pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, my thoughts entirely PC.

There doesn't appear to be a standout Harley Reid this draft, so I'd prefer to avoid the stain and stigma of a spoon and let some other club bear the burden of getting Pick #1 absolutely right.

#2 or #3 will do me fine.
Norf won't take Fos/Jagga or Draper.
So 2nd last won't do us any harm.

Probably an unpopular personal opinion here but I think some people are overrating bakers trade value. I honestly love the bloke but He’s a 172cm un contracted utility that averages 18 touches across the journey. We all admire the the way he plays his footy but to other clubs he’s probably worth a pick in the 20’s and that’s it. Our injury curse hasn’t exactly helped his value either as he has had to play largely out of position all year.
Agree, we aren't getting a 1st rounder for Baker especially if he picks West Coast. Our best bet is to get Freo's late 1st rounder as they seem to be willing to pay to get him.

Agree, we aren't getting a 1st rounder for Baker especially if he picks West Coast. Our best bet is to get Freo's late 1st rounder as they seem to be willing to pay to get him.
Yep, freo are in the sweet spot with their list profile so giving up a pick in the back end of the first round for a player that makes them stronger and more versatile is worth the risk if they can convince him to go there. West Coast would be keen to acquire his services for his leadership as much as anything to help drive standards. He may still be around in 4-5 years if they begin to rise again but Freos time is now.

Hasn't seemed to happen in the 6 previous drafts since live trading was introduced. The pick doesn't seem to attract any greater premium to clubs wanting to trade up than any other pick.
Trades might not happen, but that doesn't mean clubs aren't being called with offers for that pick. That is why it's important that we hold on to that pick should we finish last this year. It opens up opportunities and in a draft like this where the talent pool is quite deep, I wouldn't just throw it away.

I've said for a while now, that if he chooses WCE and we can get their 2024 & 2025 R2 picks as the deal for him leaving, then I'd take it. Guarantees us 2 more top 30 rated kids across the next 2 drafts. The pick this year, just makes our ability to make other deals that much easier as well.

a true Richmond man fined by the cfl for calling the mro a disgrace

Imagine getting fined for saying something factual and what everyone else is thinking. CFL just as bad as the third reich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back