List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meteoric Rise saw your Phillips trade made it to the North board. Suggestions that North had planted someone inside the Richmond list management team to get a deal like that and Richmond paying crazy overs. Don't think I've ever seen an oppo reaction like that to a trade idea. Well done 😆

They’re still filthy about the CCJ trade that got their entire recruitment and list management team sacked.

Meteoric Rise saw your Phillips trade made it to the North board. Suggestions that North had planted someone inside the Richmond list management team to get a deal like that and Richmond paying crazy overs. Don't think I've ever seen an oppo reaction like that to a trade idea. Well done 😆

I just read the post purporting to describe my proposal. It is incorrect, I never proposed that, so no wonder the North board thinks it is overs for Phillips.

My first go was pick 39 + McIntosh for Phillips + 58, 67.

When it was pointed out to me McIntosh was a FA, I proposed:

1 North makes McIntosh an offer big enough to get us band 5 compo ie pick 40.

2 In the event of the above and under no other circumstances, we trade pick 21 for Phillips 58, 67.

So effectively we would be giving pick 21 for Phillips 40, 58, 67(in combination about 200 points less than 21 in value.)

Being crap again has really brought out the worst of people again, I hate it lol
Let’s face it trade and early picks is better then premiership's best time of season ;)

Agree, we aren't getting a 1st rounder for Baker especially if he picks West Coast. Our best bet is to get Freo's late 1st rounder as they seem to be willing to pay to get him.
Hopefully Freo. We won't get screwed on the deal though if it is West Coast. Bakes won't want it that way and players don't like it when their potential new club goes against their wishes that they state via their managers for trade terms.

Hypothetically... imagine this.

Bakes says I want West Coast.
Bakes via Manager says make sure RFC are well compensated.... Yes, yes of course say WC.
WC then play hard ball and say 2nd rounder or nothing.
RFC say no, he's worth more and you know it.
Bakes finds this out and thinks... well WC don't want me that badly.
Then Bake decides to reconsider Freo's offer.
Freo loving nothing more than screwing over their state rivals jump back on board.

WC are a shambles of an organisation ATM. The ex Crow coach bloke is a mad goose.
It wouldn't shock me if it played out that way.

Hasn't seemed to happen in the 6 previous drafts since live trading was introduced. The pick doesn't seem to attract any greater premium to clubs wanting to trade up than any other pick.
Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it wasn't spoken about. The club with probably wanted a certain player

It's not the worst, it's just being realistic.

I don't see how people can honestly believe Baker is a 1st round pick.

Baker is all heart. His skills level in not that high. He’s also had a pretty ordinary season!
agree with both.. some on this board truly class Baker higher then many out side the club.
take a 2nd round this year and next year and run ...

Baker is easily a first round pick, what are some of you blokes smoking? Thank **** you’re not making decisions for our footy club. He’s a clean one grab player and is a very good kick that can play at either end of the ground.

The purpose of trading out experienced good players is to replace them with blue chip draft picks that will hopefully be better players otherwise there’s no point. Why get caught up in the math of points? What odds that a second rounder will be better than baker? For 2 2nd rounders it’s a firm no for me, we’re better of keeping him.

Last edited:
Will Phillips has been on an AFL list for 4 years, one less year than Dow. He averages around 15-16 disposals a game when factoring in his use as sub. In his VFL games he’s only hit 30 disposals twice and averages 22.4, Dow 21.4.

He’s played 39 (2 unused sub), Dows played 32. He also handballs more than he kicks (3/5 handballs), only slightly less than Dow.

I think Dow should be top 3-4 players in line for delisting, doesn’t mean he gets delisted but highlights Phillips isn’t worth shit. It’s not like he’s been playing for a top team.
But Phillips can tag

Baker is easily a first round pick, what are some of you blokes smoking? Thank **** you’re not making decisions for our footy club. He’s a clean one grab player and is a very good kick that can play at either end of the ground
would love to be making decisions for the club..our trade period would be fire with us making deal all day/every day over the trade period.
and would happily move Mr Baker on for 2 years of second rounders...
after him, NEXT on the trade block!!!

would love to be making decisions for the club..our trade period would be fire with us making deal all day/every day over the trade period.
and would happily move Mr Baker on for 2 years of second rounders...
after him, NEXT on the trade block!!!
You’d sink us quicker than the titanic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker is easily a first round pick, what are some of you blokes smoking? Thank **** you’re not making decisions for our footy club. He’s a clean one grab player and is a very good kick that can play at either end of the ground.

The purpose of trading out experienced good players is to replace them with blue chip draft picks that will hopefully be better players otherwise there’s no point. Why get caught up in the math of points? What odds that a second rounder will be better than baker? For 2 2nd rounders it’s a firm no for me, we’re better of keeping him.

How people can keep a straight face and say Baker isn’t worth a first rounder is beyond me!

Binns had 47, 13 marks and kicked 3 goals in the VFL last weekend. 43 and 11 marks in round 7 too. Averages 28 disposals per game in just his 2nd year.

Imagine Hugo or Banks were putting up those numbers in year 2. But apparently every depth player from other clubs, particularly the big clubs ****ing suck....
Can't ignore those numbers. It does beg the question as to why he isn't getting a look in at AFL level.

I'm open to it.

I just read the post purporting to describe my proposal. It is incorrect, I never proposed that, so no wonder the North board thinks it is overs for Phillips.

2 In the event of the above and under no other circumstances, we trade pick 21 for Phillips 58, 67.

So effectively we would be giving pick 21 for Phillips 40, 58, 67(in combination about 200 points less than 21 in value.)

Philips is poo though why would we waste time on coming up with a quadratic equation to engineer a trade?

There is no way North would want or need McIntosh.

Pick 21 for a dud like Phillips with late picks coming back completely is a shocking deal.

How people can keep a straight face and say Baker isn’t worth a first rounder is beyond me!
As mentioned previously, 2 picks in the 20s equates to 1 pick between 6-10. We could then trade our 2nd round pick and the Eagles 2nd for a pick in that range this year. Add in a potential Rioli trade and we could end up with 4 R1 picks this year and could use our later picks to end up with 6-7 picks inside the top 40. That is a very strong draft hand and certainly fast tracks a rebuild

There is no way North would want or need McIntosh.

Pick 21 for a dud like Phillips with late picks coming back completely is a shocking deal.
Replace him with Dusty Martin they may be interested. "Dusty heads North" rumours will finally be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back