Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I thought it would be worth starting a new thread as we get to the business end of the season when re-signings should start happening and we'll also get any retirement announcements. Also trade talk will ramp up, so posters will now be able to find all details here.

Last edited:

We could play hardball on Baker with WCE, if they dont offer a pick we are happy with sign him on a 1 year deal, they can take him for free next year and we get Band 1 compo which should be a top 3 pick next year.

I actually like this idea. I can't seeing Baker holding out on the club if a deal can't be arranged and if he signs a 1 year deal it sets us up perfectly for compensation the following year.

West Coast needs so much for the future that you are better off dealing with Freo who see themselves as ready to go. Hell, why let Bolton and Baker go to Freo for all 3 of the R1 picks this year. The draft this year is strong in the 10 to 20 mark and 5 picks inside 25 would be a turbo charge for you. The supporters should be comfortable sitting out a mini rebuild given the 3 recent flflags.
Bolton & Baker = for 3 x first rounds..Done
talk to your Freo mates and hook it up
we're in ( yes I talk for the club)

We could play hardball on Baker with WCE, if they dont offer a pick we are happy with sign him on a 1 year deal, they can take him for free next year and we get Band 1 compo which should be a top 3 pick next year.
I believe the offer is under $700k per annum so that in the new world would be band 2 or band 3, meaning end of R1 or after your R2 which will likely be in 2025 a pick between 25 and 30.

Binns had 47, 13 marks and kicked 3 goals in the VFL last weekend. 43 and 11 marks in round 7 too. Averages 28 disposals per game in just his 2nd year.

Imagine Hugo or Banks were putting up those numbers in year 2. But apparently every depth player from other clubs, particularly the big clubs ****ing suck....
Someone else's trash is anothers treasure

Grigg played 18 games at Carlton in the 2 years prior to coming to Richmond.

Houli played 25 games at Essendon in the 2 years prior to coming to Richmond.

Will Phillips for eg, will have played 24 games for North in 2023, 2024 combined after this weekend.
Carlton played finals both those years. Essendon played finals in 2009, and many of their fans wanted to string up Knights for not giving Houli a proper go. Norf have won 5 games in 2023/24 combined. They are 3 and 20 with Philips in the side in that time.

Also, you'd hope Barrass goes to Hawthorn, so they drop the ridiculous idea of Battle giving St Kilda an extra top 10 pick.
Word is Hawks are after both and have the cap space.

In terms of Baker, the word is he wants to play for West Coast but we will only offer up a F2 pick or our R2 currently sitting at 22/23 with one of your latter picks around 40 coming back.
Laughable.

Word at West Coast is that Tom wants more money and another 2 years. His contract is modest and he could probably get another $200k pa given the premium on KPD and the fact his LT contract was signed with the Covid cuts still fresh and prior to the new CBA. West Coast typically do not include CBA % increases in the individual players contracts.

I am led to believe we want another pick around 10 -14 which Dogs and Hawks leading the race. That would be the Cats pick that they are likely to hand over to the Dogs for Smith and the Hawks R1.

In terms of Baker, the word is he wants to play for West Coast but we will only offer up a F2 pick or our R2 currently sitting at 22/23 with one of your latter picks around 40 coming back. Fremantle on the other hand see themselves in the now and would give up the lesser of the 3 R1 picks for him.

West Coast needs so much for the future that you are better off dealing with Freo who see themselves as ready to go. Hell, why let Bolton and Baker go to Freo for all 3 of the R1 picks this year. The draft this year is strong in the 10 to 20 mark and 5 picks inside 25 would be a turbo charge for you. The supporters should be comfortable sitting out a mini rebuild given the 3 recent flags.
No deal!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A pick swap for Baker and they want a 10-14 for Barrass 😂😂😂😂
That is all we can afford which is why I said that we are not the serious bidder for Baker.

My preference would be for Baker to stay put at Punt Rd. We can't afford him in trade currency and I don't want him in Purple.

My reference to what I would pay is not what he is worth but what we can afford to pay. Unlike those tin rattlers from Arden Street, we have not been given welfare tickets by Aunty Laura at AFL house so cannot afford a reasonable asking price.

That is all we can afford which is why I said that we are not the serious bidder for Baker.

My preference would be for Baker to stay put at Punt Rd. We can't afford him in trade currency and I don't want him in Purple.

My reference to what I would pay is not what he is worth but what we can afford to pay. Unlike those tin rattlers from Arden Street, we have not been given welfare tickets by Aunty Laura at AFL house so cannot afford a reasonable asking price.
I think you guys will be very disappointed with Matty Clarke at the helm 😆

I know it hasn't been spoken about probably because it's not possible, but given the midfield heavy draft is it worth asking someone like hopper if they want to move to a team in the window with us covering most of his wage and trying to get the 2 picks back for him?

Will Phillips has been on an AFL list for 4 years, one less year than Dow. He averages around 15-16 disposals a game when factoring in his use as sub. In his VFL games he’s only hit 30 disposals twice and averages 22.4, Dow 21.4.

He’s played 39 (2 unused sub), Dows played 32. He also handballs more than he kicks (3/5 handballs), only slightly less than Dow.

I think Dow should be top 3-4 players in line for delisting, doesn’t mean he gets delisted but highlights Phillips isn’t worth shit. It’s not like he’s been playing for a top team.

Phillips has spent most of his AFL career injured.

No pay no deal.

Your loss.

I’d like that very much , risky for bakes tho , break a leg and yiu could wipe a zero off the. Contract

I know it hasn't been spoken about probably because it's not possible, but given the midfield heavy draft is it worth asking someone like hopper if they want to move to a team in the window with us covering most of his wage and trying to get the 2 picks back for him?
Doubt you’d get top 20 ,,,20-25 perhaps ,,keep him , will be important with so many kids around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back