Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011 Trade Predictions - Part II

Didn't looked finished in the QF when he more than held his own when the game was hot and was a major contributor as to why we were all over WCE in the second quarter.

He has another 2 years to run on his contract and is only 30. Ruckmen normally age very well.

As for McIntosh, we would not be interested. Would cost too much either way and we would not be willing to part with guys like Wellingham.

Jolly will be fine for another couple of years and we have adequate back up in the mean time with Wood who ain't a star but he is serviceable until Jarrod Witts (who is rated very highly) develops to take over from Jolly.

OK then I must be mistaken.

We wouldn't consider trading Lucas for Rosa. No offense to Rosa, and I know Lucas had an interrupted season, but he showed enough towards the end of the season and last year that I'm confident he will be best 22 next year. He is, after all, a #12 draft pick from two years ago. Rosa, as a 25yo (?) wasn't even in your side IIRC? Behind players like Masten? No thanks.

Also, Pick 10 for Ebert and Pick 23 would be daylight robbery for WC. I've been pretty unimpressed by what I've seen from Ebert and from what I've heard about this draft, there will be a huge gap between #10 and #23. Adelaide need to hang on to these draft picks and wouldn't go for that IMO.

I agree that Carlton would/should not do the trade.

But Rosa had a great season and only missed due to injury. He's 24 I think. I'm pretty happy to keep Rosa and don't think he'll leave.

Agree with Ebert, hasn't shown enough to warrant that trade. I think we should keep Ebert and hope he keeps progressing to be a serviceable HFF.

If Pears was on the table from Essendon , I could see a Mitch Brown + 3rd Rounder from West Coast being offered.

If Pears was on the table from Essendon , I could see a Mitch Brown + 3rd Rounder from West Coast being offered.

I can't see why Essendon would trade Pears. Would have to be in their long term plans.

I can't see why Essendon would trade Pears. Would have to be in their long term plans.

Well at least Carlton has one supporter who can think logically. Pears aint going anywhere.

You dont play a guy one half a leg if you dont think highly of him.

i reckon carlton should make a play for gumbleton or tom hawkins, or dixon from GC. we dont need a big name profile key forward, just a key power forward that can play that position. we'll come cheap to.

gumby can be just as good as dawes injury free, dixon can be anything.

hawkins well he can do the same as these two and has shown more in the finals then dawes in my opinion.

i reckon carlton should make a play for gumbleton or tom hawkins, or dixon from GC. we dont need a big name profile key forward, just a key power forward that can play that position. we'll come cheap to.

gumby can be just as good as dawes injury free, dixon can be anything.

hawkins well he can do the same as these two and has shown more in the finals then dawes in my opinion.

Gumby trade = deal

Give us Lucas lol

Ebert and 45 (our second round pick) for ports second rounder 33 and priority pick 29.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be willing to do quite a lot to get Tayte Pears to the HFC. Im talking 1 of Savage, Ellis, Suckling, Young + a decent draft pick (early 2nd rd) or 2 of Renouf, Ladson, Osbourne, Cheney, Morton, Murphy and a decent draft pick (early 2nd rd). Bateman, Bruce, Johnson who have very little trade currency could also be used in any of those deals as sweeteners.

I would be willing to do quite a lot to get Tayte Pears to the HFC. Im talking 1 of Savage, Suckling, Ellis, Suckling, Young + a decent draft pick (early 2nd rd) or 2 of Renouf, Ladson, Osbourne, Cheney, Morton, Murphy and a decent draft pick (early 2nd rd).

more than one suckling??...:D

I would be willing to do quite a lot to get Tayte Pears to the HFC. Im talking 1 of Savage, Ellis, Suckling, Young + a decent draft pick (early 2nd rd) or 2 of Renouf, Ladson, Osbourne, Cheney, Morton, Murphy and a decent draft pick (early 2nd rd). Bateman, Bruce, Johnson who have very little trade currency could also be used in any of those deals as sweeteners.

keep it coming? he aint going anywhere, so your asking price would have to be high. Not happening you should concentrate on Mitch Brown from west Coast.

Doubt that we would trade Pears - Our KP's are usually injured - Savage and an early draft pick is appealing - but if you changed Savage to Shiels - you have me thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back