Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we can skip out on Smilie, we can get a similar type in Tom Gross or Harvey Langford later in the draft.
Lets see how Jagga fairs in the VFL for the next month, i'm just concerned he won't fill out his sleight frame, his shoulders aren't particularly broad but I guess Shai isn't particularly huge as well. But the difference is that Shai can damage you if you give him a chance.
Keen to also see how FOS fairs in the VFL. FOS or Jagga for me then lets try and get Armstrong or Faull. Faull seems to have that aggression you need in a tall forward, none of this pissweak stuff from Samson Ryan.

Hopefully the rumours of West Coast trading down with Freo are true and they get 2 first rounders, one of which will be for Baker.
If we can turn Baker into Armstrong, we are ****ing geniuses

secret smell GIF

Agreed. I only said I'd do it if you could guarantee Twomey's order lol.

Look, Twomey is in a tough spot. Judging this year will be his hardest. Right now it’s on form and a bit of forecasting. I think the order changes drastically. Draper so low is criminal.

As we’ve always said, lots to play out. I don’t want to give number one. I’d rather give Rioli and change to get 7 & 8 somehow. Three potential A graders and scope to get more picks in the first round is absolutely priority for me.

This draft is stacked. We need to be a big player and roll that dice.

Look, Twomey is in a tough spot. Judging this year will be his hardest. Right now it’s on form and a bit of forecasting. I think the order changes drastically. Draper so low is criminal.

As we’ve always said, lots to play out. I don’t want to give number one. I’d rather give Rioli and change to get 7 & 8 somehow. Three potential A graders and scope to get more picks in the first round is absolutely priority for me.

This draft is stacked. We need to be a big player and roll that dice.
He gets the info from recruiters right. Someone said we rate Ashcroft at 1 and Twomey has him at 1. He then has Smillie at 2. Is that because we look like picking him?

Interesting Twomey states that Brayshaw and Serong met with Liam Baker and pitched to him coming to Freo and Cal thinks he’s gone (like I have heard).

Going to Freo would be good and easy for us to get a trade from.

I have a strong suspicion we are on Smilie atm.
I don't mind Smilie but as long as we can somehow grab another couple of first rounders.

Our later picks we should definitely be able to add a 2nd first rounder but I'd be really disappointed if we can't wiggle a 3rd first round pick as well.

I don't mind Smilie but as long as we can somehow grab another couple of first rounders.

Our later picks we should definitely be able to add another 1st but I'd be really disappointed if we can't wiggle a 2nd fisrt round pick as well.
I think now Brisbane have improved that's an easy trade.

Baker choosing Freo would make everyone's life simple*

Inb4 they offer the Saints 2nd rounder 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting Twomey states that Brayshaw and Serong met with Liam Baker and pitched to him coming to Freo and Cal thinks he’s gone (like I have heard).

Going to Freo would be good and easy for us to get a trade from.

Hopefully we can grab the suns top 1st round pick and if he does choose Freo we can get one of their mid teen picks.

Pick 1,8,14 in the first round would be very nice.

I feel like we can skip out on Smilie, we can get a similar type in Tom Gross or Harvey Langford later in the draft.
Lets see how Jagga fairs in the VFL for the next month, i'm just concerned he won't fill out his sleight frame, his shoulders aren't particularly broad but I guess Shai isn't particularly huge as well. But the difference is that Shai can damage you if you give him a chance.
Keen to also see how FOS fairs in the VFL. FOS or Jagga for me then lets try and get Armstrong or Faull. Faull seems to have that aggression you need in a tall forward, none of this pissweak stuff from Samson Ryan.
Langford yes, Gross no.

Hopefully the rumours of West Coast trading down with Freo are true and they get 2 first rounders, one of which will be for Baker.
If they can manage a deal that gets Freo pick 3 and WC a pick in the teens, then they'll be well set up to come after Baker (WC) and Bolton (Freo).

Good point there’s some good big bodied mids available with later picks if we were to go Smith, Draper, O’Sullivan.

Not that I think it’s a huge need we have Taranto,Hopper, McAullfe 🤞.
I think a bigger need (after our first) is guys like Travaglia , Lindsay, that can run and carry and carry opposition zone setups.

Having said all that I would not be disappointed if by the end of the year if Smilie or Lalor were standouts at pick 1.
like Bont, Petracca, Dusty, the size and strength makes them dangerous forward/ mid prospects

I think now Brisbane have improved that's an easy trade.

Baker choosing Freo would make everyone's life simple*

Inb4 they offer the Saints 2nd rounder 😆
Ding Dong Bell is gone thank heck. Shockers will be fair in a trade. Bell was another Dudoro and Mackie to deal with.

Hopefully we can grab the suns top 1st round pick and if he does choose Freo we can get one of their mid teen picks.

Pick 1,8,14 in the first round would be very nice.
Any idea how many points we have (excluding 1 & 21)

We should keep 21 as it has its own value given you get 24 hours for teams to make offers. The strength of this draft may result in a good F1 pick for us to deathride. Collingwood love to trade F1's and then shit the bed a year later 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back