Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

More chance of Hardwick pulling the pin on Gold Coast and coming back to coach Richmond next year.
Definitely less. You know you're losing Harley one day. Rip the band-aid off.

Easy

Trade Bolton to Eagles & Pay 50% of his salary for 3 years in return Eagles give us pick #3 and give Jack Graham 3 year $1 mil contract Pick #4

Trade Rioli + #34 + #40 to GC for #7 & #8
Trade Baker to fremantle #15
Trade #22 , #41 , #52 , #58 , #67 to Brisbane #10

draft picks
#2 , #3 , #4 , #7 , #8 , #10 #15
Lol.

Late ?

When was i meant to come on board
Last year.

I never said it was going to happen, but that if Reid wants out, we could potentially have the draft capital and would definitely be asking the question.
Mate, I watched the show. You definitely said, "Hear me out, Bolton and Baker were in Perth to meet West Coast because we're trading them for Harley Reid. Take it to the bank, it's 100% guaranteed, done deal. West Coast have accepted Reid wants to come home and this is the best deal they can get. Just some minor haggling over whether the second-rounder they throw in is this year or next year. We want this year but will probably accept next year's."

Tig71 ain't got shit on you.

Okay I spoke to my recruiter mate. Nothing revolutionary, but some notes -

• Blight was easily the best key position player in the MSD. Only knock on him is kicking under pressure but thats pretty common for key position players.
  • Gray wasn't plucked from nowhere and was on other clubs radars. He was a worthy selection with plenty of scope for improvement.
  • No clear standout in the ND. Smillie at this stage but there is a group of 5 or so that could go 1. Deep draft.
  • Jagga not top 5 currently but hes 'warming to him'. Not damaging enough. Gets alot of his possessions with his back to the goals. Knows his limitations well and plays to them ie he knows if he takes the game on more he'll probably get caught a fair bit. Will make the players around him look better with his distribution and pure weight of numbers.
  • FOS need to see more of him
  • Doesn't seem to think wholesale changes to the draft will come in this year which is at odds with what the media is saying so not sure what the go is there.
  • We met with the AFL for the scheduled talks about the potential changes. I think our group was Lions, Dogs and us from memory.
  • Lockwood won't be top 40. Solid defender but 'just can't kick'. Got some attention for the lockdown job he did on one of the Whitlocks a few weeks back. Compared him to Garthwaite (😬) in that he can defend well but not much else at this stage.
  • Doesn't agree with the hype on said Whitlocks
  • Does not rate the Camporeale twins at all. Butchers and very selfish players. "They piss me off".

That's about it. As I said, nothing huge but thought some was worth mentioning. I'll hit him up again closer to the draft, and after.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Blight was easily the best key position player in the MSD. Only knock on him is kicking under pressure but thats pretty common for key position players.
  • Gray wasn't plucked from nowhere and was on other clubs radars. He was a worthy selection with plenty of scope for improvement.
  • No clear standout in the ND. Smillie at this stage but there is a group of 5 or so that could go 1. Deep draft.
  • Jagga not top 5 currently but hes 'warming to him'. Not damaging enough. Gets alot of his possessions with his back to the goals. Knows his limitations well and plays to them ie he knows if he takes the game on more he'll probably get caught a fair bit. Will make the players around him look better with his distribution and pure weight of numbers.
  • Doesn't seem to think wholesale changes to the draft will come in this year which is at odds with what the media is saying so not sure what the go is there.
  • We met with the AFL for the scheduled talks about the potential changes. I think our group was Lions, Dogs and us from memory.
  • Lockwood won't be top 40. Solid defender but 'just can't kick'. Got some attention for the lockdown job he did on one of the Whitlocks a few weeks back. Compared him to Garthwaite () in that he can defend well but not much else at this stage.
  • Does not rate the Camporeale twins at all. Butchers and very selfish players. "They piss me off".

That's about it. As I said, nothing huge but thought some was worth mentioning. I'll hit him up again closer to the draft, and after.

Anything to get discussion going is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we get a second ist rounder do we consider Hotton?
Fantastic player but did his ACL.
If not injured would be top 5. But because he isn’t playing will almost certainly slip.
But do we select another player who may be vulnerable to injury?
Not sure if I could deal with it if we found ourselves with another player we can’t get on the park.
Probably too much of a risk but putting it out there. Murphy’s law a top 4 side will pick him up at the end of the first round and he turns into a superstar.
Big fan of Hotton, would love to get him irrespective of the ACL. An evasive player that gets involved in score involvements

• Lockwood won't be top 40. Solid defender but 'just can't kick'. Got some attention for the lockdown job he did on one of the Whitlocks a few weeks back. Compared him to Garthwaite (😬) in that he can defend well but not much else at this stage.

Does his top 5 include academy and father sons? Also did he have any thoughts on Moraes, he seems to be a bit of a polarising player ?

Definitely less. You know you're losing Harley one day. Rip the band-aid off.
This is Sam McClure areas. A statement based on absolutely nothing whatsoever. Our player retention is the best in the comp and we’ve lost one Vic player we were desperate to keep in the last 20 years. I’m pretty comfortable with those odds.

This is Sam McClure areas. A statement based on absolutely nothing whatsoever. Our player retention is the best in the comp and we’ve lost one Vic player we were desperate to keep in the last 20 years. I’m pretty comfortable with those odds.
Something we have in common with Eagle's fans is a dislike of Sam McClure.

The media highlighting Carlton's disadvantage with the proposed new draft rules when Richmond will lose almost 4 times as many draft points.

Difference is our disadvantage is the ability to trade for better picks. Carlton lose the ability to use the system as other teams have done to acquire Academy & Father/Son picks

Great stuff.

I'd imagine we will take Lockwood then and see how he develops.

Great stuff.

I'd imagine we will take Lockwood then and see how he develops.

Think he floats through to the rookie draft which is perfect for us.

There may be a club out there who pulls the trigger on him but this draft is stacked so I’m betting on him falling through because of his deficiencies. His strengths mean there could be a player there if developed so perfect rook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back