Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think anyone wants him unfortunately
Even Graham doesn't want it. Knows his time is up and has decided to stay, club is still in love with him so will offer him a new contract which takes up a spot on our roster and a position in the 22.

Will be hard playing 22 v 21 over the next few years.

Gerreyn answered a couple of questions people had been asking in a confident display by the big man. He launched at contested marks all game and managed to clunk a couple of strong ones, and he dominated in his backup ruck stints against Country's secondary rucks. Overall, he continued to show the combination of size and skills that has draft watchers intrigued.

Gerreyn answered a couple of questions people had been asking in a confident display by the big man. He launched at contested marks all game and managed to clunk a couple of strong ones, and he dominated in his backup ruck stints against Country's secondary rucks. Overall, he continued to show the combination of size and skills that has draft watchers intrigued.

I love his kicking for a big man. Can hit targets from 40m out and kicking into a dangerous centre position for the switch.
Mobility is great as well.

A lowish possession count not withstanding, Lindsay was close to BOG in this game. He was competitive, clever and slick at stoppage, winning more clearances than any other player and regularly initiating forward breakaways or applying tackling pressure if needed. When he found the ball in space his usage by foot was creative and precise.

A lowish possession count not withstanding, Lindsay was close to BOG in this game. He was competitive, clever and slick at stoppage, winning more clearances than any other player and regularly initiating forward breakaways or applying tackling pressure if needed. When he found the ball in space his usage by foot was creative and precise.

Thanks for your insights mate, he looks a ripper. What range you thinking?

Thanks for your insights mate, he looks a ripper. What range you thinking?
I might be biased as he's one of my favourites. I have him in the 10-15 range. But he'll probably slip lower than that given he's an inside mid in a draft with a ton of them and he's a little undersized and not express pace (although not slow). If he slipped to early second round I could understand.

If Dusty moves North and we get around pick 40 for him, that will work in lovely with our other late 2nd and 3rd rounders that we could effectively use them to trade for 2 additional first round picks.

Picks 22,32,39 (Dusty),40,41 & 50 is 2,989 points (probably a bit lower once F/S & academies enter the draft.

1720067450953.png

Teams we could look at trading those points with realistically ATM are Carlton, Brisbane & Gold Coast. We just have to hope Gold Coast or Brisbane miss the 8. Say its Gold Coast we could potentially snag pick 8 & 10 depending how many points they need for Lombard or where he actually gets selected.

.3 picks in the top 10 or 3 picks in the top 20 plus our 2nd rounder it would be gold in this draft.

That's not even including all the rumours/ arguments trading about Baker/Bolton & Rioli.

I think we are sitting pretty even if none of those players are traded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be biased as he's one of my favourites. I have him in the 10-15 range. But he'll probably slip lower than that given he's an inside mid in a draft with a ton of them and he's a little undersized and not express pace (although not slow). If he slipped to early second round I could understand.
Cheers, had a bit of josh kelly about him

If we get 4-5 picks in this years draft within the first 25-30, it can change our fortunes for the better.
But you said our new head recruiter is crap

Davis has been a consistent performer for WA across their four champs games and signed off with probably his best, booting three goals in a valiant effort against Vic Country. He was increasingly dangerous as the contest wore on, showcasing his versatile skill set and athletic profile, able to impact in the air and on the ground.

I'll say this again - If Dusty goes to GC, he will not do so unless RFC are well compensated. Not via AFL compensation. Not at his current market value, but above it. He will not walk away as an unrestricted free agent.

Gold Coast have 8 and 10. If we got 10 and gave something back I can see it working for all parties.

Some of the geniuses in here will jump up and down and say he's not worth pick 10. No shit sherlock. But he's worth pick 10 to GC.

The Mensa candidates calling me crazy need to have a long think about it in between filling out their Mensa applications.

Gold Coast are a different beast and have to trade differently to established clubs.
Ask yourself - do GC need a pick 10 kid that probably won't play for 2 - years or do they want publicity and the Dusty show for 2 years?
They also have more academy players and early picks might get eaten up.

You also have to remember that GC traded out pick 7 and Bowes to Geelong for salary cap space in exchange for A 3RD ROUND PICK just 2 years ago.
Now are the Mensa candidates going to jump up and down, laugh and scream and say that Jack Bowes isn't worth pick 7?

GC also traded (years ago) pick 3 to Freo for Lachie Weller because he wanted to come to the GC. Terrible deals for them but deals they had to do.

I'm not saying and have never said I'm always right, unlike some in here. Let's see what happens. You might just be surprised.
dusty is an unrestricted fa , at best they might throw us a bone like a pic 25-30 , at best but my expectations are low , I feel like I’ve woken in the gutter with my pants around my ankles on this one

If we get 4-5 picks in this years draft within the first 25-30, it can change our fortunes for the better.
no inside mids needed as we have Hopper, TT and KMAC2. We need the the 190cm plus beasts with acceleration at the contests. vertical leap and line breaking strength.

Last edited:
He's my first pick, but a few on here don't like him. I think he's a beast and is going to be one at AFL.
I m not convinced
I want to see his agility speed and yoyo numbers before i am convinced
He has dropped off a bit now and looks like a bit of a plodder currently

watching his last 2 games reminded me of a taller will brodie

That Shanahan kid looks most impressive I’ve seen , I’d suggest draft him with our first those rare talents don’t grow on trees , mids do and we shou,Deb able to secure a good one with mid teens pic
Why would we use pick 1 on a player we could get at pick 21?

no inside mids needed as we have Hopper, TT and KMAC2. We need the the 190cm plus beasts with acceleration at the contests. vertical leap and line breaking strength.
That's not Smillie. Can't jump. No real burst speed. We need the best player. That's not Smillie either.

Back