Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it can happen Richmond won’t be looking to trade any future picks to enhance this years draft hand. Even with this draft looking very deep to potentially top talent up to picks 25-30.

Teams have learnt from the expansion teams that the cap squeeze that comes along with loading up on first round picks from one draft can put teams in very difficult positions down the track.

Even if it can happen Richmond won’t be looking to trade any future picks to enhance this years draft hand. Even with this draft looking very deep to potentially top talent up to picks 25-30.

Teams have learnt from the expansion teams that the cap squeeze that comes along with loading up on first round picks from one draft can put teams in very difficult positions down the track.

We realistically need 3 good drafts, especially while we have Taranto, Hopper, Balta and Bolton.

Plenty to work with and some upcoming cap space. If we can attract a key forward and nail some good kids we could be good to go sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We realistically need 3 good drafts, especially while we have Taranto, Hopper, Balta and Bolton.

Plenty to work with and some upcoming cap space. If we can attract a key forward and nail some good kids we could be good to go sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we draft well we are perfectly placed to climb as Tassie come in.

People getting caught up about a players height being important need to remember that the AFL is littered with elite midfielders varying in height from Lachie Neale at 178cm to Bontempelli at 194cm. Regardless of who we pick I'm confident that we're doing so believing he is the best available at our pick.

first we need to nail this years trade period
then nail the draft period
this can set us in motion for the next 3 years of the draft
we need to nail this draft, hit it hard otherwise we could be years and years in the wilderness, We do not want another 30 years plus like the last one where we where not even near it for years and years.

Us down the bottom now is heaven compared to the troughs of the thirty year plus drought

Another effect of all the bloody injuries is how it’s impacted and complicated prospective contracts.
We have to use 95% of Salary Cap, I’m sure the FD would have loved to see Gibcus play well all year and earn a bigger contract. Ross and MRJ as well.
Brown has been good more often than not but should he be in the top 6 paid players at the club?

If we lose
Martin
Baker
Rioli
Bolton

Who are we going to spend the cap on?
Lynch, Balta, Nank, Vlaustin

Might need a salary dump trade and carry the cost for a season…?

we need to nail this draft, hit it hard otherwise we could be years and years in the wilderness, We do not want another 30 years plus like the last one where we where not even near it for years and years.

Us down the bottom now is heaven compared to the troughs of the thirty year plus drought
agree, hence why a successful trade period (trading on quality players for quality draft picks)
we then go super hard and deep at the draft for the next 3 years

Another effect of all the bloody injuries is how it’s impacted and complicated prospective contracts.
We have to use 95% of Salary Cap, I’m sure the FD would have loved to see Gibcus play well all year and earn a bigger contract. Ross and MRJ as well.
Brown has been good more often than not but should he be in the top 6 paid players at the club?

If we lose
Martin
Baker
Rioli
Bolton

if we need to carry the cost of a contract for a season - so be it
what ever we need to do to get more low picks in our hand, we should look into

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we need to carry the cost of a contract for a season - so be it
what ever we need to do to get more low picks in our hand, we should look into
Yeah, I agree
Curnow
Weidering
McKay
All from the 2015 draft, it took em 8 years to play a prelim but now they’re set
That’s how far ahead we have to aim for.

I reckon CCJ pulled the wrong lever only turned 25 couple of weeks ago could’ve had a big payday if he hadve held his nerve and was patient.

Yeah, I agree
Curnow
Weidering
McKay
All from the 2015 draft, it took em 8 years to play a prelim but now they’re set
That’s how far ahead we have to aim for.

I reckon CCJ pulled the wrong lever only turned 25 couple of weeks ago could’ve had a big payday if he hadve held his nerve and was patient.
Could have been faster but they butchered 3 top 10 picks the following 2 years.

If Dusty wants to head to GC then Richmond should be offering to pay his salary for a year for pick 7 trade.
If he does want to head there and this is an option we should be targeting their 2 first rounders for paying Dusty’s contract plus all our other late picks to match a Lombard early bid.

Then if Baker does go for one of Freos picks in the teens

FOS
Lalor
Murphy
Joe Berry / Kako
Faull or Sims

If we lose
Martin
Baker
Rioli
Bolton

I tell you I would let Bolton go, if push comes to shove for pick 3 of West Coast even if we incorporated a salary dump for West Coast so they could chase other players

Bolton is older but he is interesting enough and enough of a POD that West Coast might be keen on to help them secure Harley for longer

Rubbish on two accounts. First one being if players are getting offered good $$ from other clubs it means we drafted well and will be compensated in the event they do leave. Second being expansion clubs had 1000 picks and had vultures lining up at their door trying to get players to return to their home states, something a big club typically doesn't have to worry about.

If we lose
Martin
Baker
Rioli
Bolton

Front end contracts

Assuming bro is a Scat fan
Thanks Dimma ... we did it ... pick 1
secret smell GIF

If we lose
Martin
Baker
Rioli
Bolton

You just front end the hell out of contracts. Could pay Taranto and Hopper in the next 2-3 years as I think they were originally back ended.

Balta, Bolton ect. Plus take some salary dumps for picks as not a heap to pay on. Any senior player you bring forward and extend your low end draftees as they come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back