Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first in what will be a series of highlights videos for the top draft picks picking out the best moments from their 2024 Champs performances. First up is Sid Draper, who was still finding his fitness and form through the Champs after a long injury layoff but still managed to wow us with moments of brilliance.

The first in what will be a series of highlights videos for the top draft picks picking out the best moments from their 2024 Champs performances. First up is Sid Draper, who was still finding his fitness and form through the Champs after a long injury layoff but still managed to wow us with moments of brilliance.

Thanks again for the vids, mate. Just to confirm, you previously mentioned in your vids that you post that it's all vision (good and bad). Are these new ones you're doing going to be more focused on the good?

Thanks again for the vids, mate. Just to confirm, you previously mentioned in your vids that you post that it's all vision (good and bad). Are these new ones you're doing going to be more focused on the good?
No worries. The ones that say "highlights" are highlight videos.

I guess it depends on the definition of "highlight" - does highlight mean putting a spotlight on something without a value judgement, in the same way that you use a highlighter pen in a text book? Or the american sports use of the word highlight which is a moment of outstanding play?

Now I'm confusing myself.

If we can somehow get our hands on both of Smith and Draper I'll be a very a happy man.

Pair them up with our two inside bulls in Hopper and Taranto along with McAuliffe and that has the potential to be a very strong midfield group.
Every second person posting is talking about getting 2 players that will likely go top 5. Explain how we do this? Seems to be fantasy drafting. Even with an early GC pick this a very unlikely get.

Every second person posting is talking about getting 2 players that will likely go top 5. Explain how we do this? Seems to be fantasy drafting. Even with an early GC pick this a very unlikely get.
Would require one or both of Bolton and Rioli to be out the door. Lots of stuff is up in the air atm, and I'm pro hitting the draft rather than holding on tight to every senior player.

Would require one or both of Bolton and Rioli to be out the door. Lots of stuff is up in the air atm, and I'm pro hitting the draft rather than holding on tight to every senior player.
I agree but the picks we would acquire for Rioli & Baker are not top 5. Rioli pick approximately 8. Baker likely at best 15. Bolton I doubt will be traded.

I agree but the picks we would acquire for Rioli & Baker are not top 5. Rioli pick approximately 8. Baker likely at best 15. Bolton I doubt will be traded.
Battle likely getting band 1 too which will push what we get back 1. If we want any of Lalor, Draper, Smith, Smillie, FOS it will be with pick 1 I'd imagine. Lot to play out but they are the cream of the crop for mine. Trainor too.

Guys like Langford, Lindsay, Reid, Travaglia, Hotton, Armstrong probably the guys around GC pick. Can 2 or 3 push into that top group and push 1 down. It's possible in this draft.

Feel like he will still monster blokes in the seniors. 😂😂

Armstrong I think will go top 10 now. Then we are trying to guess whether a Whitlock twin has more upside than Gerreyn I guess.
Does Armstrong go to Hailebury College, because I saw in the APS results that a kid named Armstrong kicked 10 about a month ago against Melbourne Grammar

BT may be butchered himself.

View attachment 2056608

Hopefully Richo gets the boot too.

Sick of his on the fence crap commentary. Was much better seeing him cry on grand final day. Give me that Richo please.

Edit: Does channel 7 have any decent commentators though? Darcy is cringe.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FOS kicked a goal and got in the best for Xavier on the weekend
FOS needs to show it at a higher level. Very risky with no exposed form this year. Unless he breaks out shortly I think he’s best left on the table < pick 6 or 7+

Exact style of mid we need.
Yep, this. Tough on the inside, burst and link-up play on the outside. He is fairly complete if not a bonafide superstar, and would be a great pick 1.

There is always the risk of going home, so I'd still lean towards Jagga or Langford.

If we can get two of these 3 though, wowee, that's the midfield looking amazing in a few years.

Loves a floating handball from stoppage.

This is a chunky one. In the first half it felt as though Gerreyn was involved in every play as he racked up over 20 disposals. He was simply too much for East Fremantle to handle, too big, too strong and too skillful. After the last two weeks of dominating play it really feels as though Kayle has out grown the Colts competition. Time for a call up to the senior squad!

Agree. To big for the kiddies now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back