Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only way im trading pick #1 is for a pick inside top 5/6 plus another 1st rounder in 2024/2025 that looks likely a top 8/9

If we do finish last there is also a very good chance we get to trade #20 for another 1st rounder in 2025
That should be pretty obvious I would’ve thought

Anything less and we are fools
You don’t finish bottom to not use at least 1 top 5 pick

Last edited:
If draft was today, who would people take?

I'm currently on the Sid Draper bandwagon.

Perfomance: I think he's only behind Smith & early season Smillie and last year he was ahead of both. Considering he missed pre-season this is an incredible effort.

Traits: He's quick, elite agility, uses it well, he's strong through the hips and core, has a good defensive side for an elite mid.

Fit: on a needs basis, which is just a bonus to the above, he's the one that fits best with TT & Hopper.

I really struggle to see how he doesn't end up a better player than Smith. The downside and something I have no way of knowing is he could end up a better player for Smith for Adelaide/Port if he bails lol.
Im also leaning towards Draper but only just slightly ahead of FOS & Smith currently

But could change next few weeks

Totally against Smelly

I wouldn't trade pick 1 for 8 and 10. Pick 1 is pretty special, even if this year is less clear cut than others. But with a few months to go we may see someone really claim no.1 as their spot.

This is assuming we have pick 1.
Agree, I would only consider it for 2 x firsts with one being top 5 and the other being circa 10-12

Im also leaning towards Draper but only just slightly ahead of FOS & Smith currently

Totally against Smelly
The Judd like style feeding off TT and Hopper would be awesome.

Totally against Smelly
Smillie is either carrying something or a team has got in his ear. Watch him pre Champs vs during and after and it's a different player. Maybe pressure of #1 is getting to him as season goes on.

He had a burst at start of year, now is just plodding along or he will do it for a quarter and then cruise.

All these highlights and talk about how good the top 20 picks are I really feel it’s in our best interest to trade Rioli and Baker

Graham is an obvious trade

No guarantee 2025 draft gonna be as good as this one

Last edited:
All these highlights and talk about how good the top 20 picks really wants us to trade Rioli and Baker

Graham is an obvious trade

No guarantee 2025 draft gonna be as good as this one
I'll go out on a limb and say our 1st pick 2025 will be a better player than anyone we draft this year though

secret smell GIF

Can't really see a way to get one without giving up Dan Rioli.

Maybe a trade down with GC but those picks are not going to be great. Probably 9 & 12 before a Battle compo.

Its been shit that 2 of the top prospects have missed huge chunks of the year in FOS/Lalor plus Draper was fresh back when Champs hit. We've been dudded a bit in this respect.

The below video of Lalor is from last year and had more of a burst of speed that you want from your mids. If he can come back like this then he has to be in the frame.

Only way we could sell pick 1 to the Suns if the Suns can get pick 4(Crows or Saints likely).And yes its like repeating myself here and yes some may think he's not worth it but Lucosius should be the trade bait.Both the Saints and Crows would be interested.
Anyway the question for us is who would available @ 4 & 7?
1.(Suns)-Lombard
2.(North)-Smillie
3.(Wc)-Fos
4/(Us)-Jagga
5/.(Stk)-Draper
6/.(Freo)-Trainor
7/.(us).Allan/Langford/Lindsay/Reid/

Jagga for me just lacks that polish that would be amazing

Positives

Ball winning elite
agility and ability to work in a phone box elite
Contested ball beast, tough as nails
Proper football pedigree, lives and breathes football

Negatives

Finished yr 12 last year so has had time to develop more
But is he an A class elite kick ?
Does he have break away speed ?
Is he classy enough ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only way we could sell pick 1 to the Suns if the Suns can get pick 4(Crows or Saints likely).And yes its like repeating myself here and yes some may think he's not worth it but Lucosius should be the trade bait.Both the Saints and Crows would be interested.
Anyway the question for us is who would available @ 4 & 7?
1.(Suns)-Lombard
2.(North)-Smillie
3.(Wc)-Fos
4/(Us)-Jagga
5/.(Stk)-Draper
6/.(Freo)-Trainor
7/.(us).Allan/Langford/Lindsay/Reid/
If the Suns have pick 1 they are not picking their academy player. More likely will get Trainor

Jagga for me just lacks that polish that would be amazing

Positives

Ball winning elite
agility and ability to work in a phone box elite
Contested ball beast, tough as nails
Proper football pedigree, lives and breathes football

Negatives

Finished yr 12 last year so has had time to develop more
But is he an A class elite kick ?
Does he have break away speed ?
Is he classy enough ?
Tough to get a read on. He's clearly the best player in 2024. I just don't see him being the best in the end. He's safe as houses you're going to get a good player though.

Tough to get a read on. He's clearly the best player in 2024. I just don't see him being the best in the end. He's safe as houses you're going to get a good player though.

The risk is very real, that Smillie develops a tank, and ends up better than Cripps.

The other risk is that FOS has an injury free run, and ends up better than Butters

Both IMHO project as better players than Jagga

Just need Machete Meehan to get a 1 year extension?
If Lynch doesn't play most weeks and in good form we are a bottom 2 team. Kozi and Ryan lmao 🤣

Machete has already ruined 5 pre seasons at least and 2024 isn't even done 😂

At least next year will be more enjoyable with a few top 25 picks running around

If Lynch doesn't play most weeks and in good form we are a bottom 2 team. Kozi and Ryan lmao 🤣

Machete has already ruined 5 pre seasons at least and 2024 isn't even done 😂

At least next year will be more enjoyable with a few top 25 picks running around
And Livingston is clearly all aboard the plan
Said Meehan is the best in the business 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back