Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why you do the pick swap during trade period, not on draft night. If they don't go for it then we just go for Lions pick instead.

If we gave Dodo 22, 36, 39 and 41 I think they would actually be better off anyway. Everyone's a winner.
Then bid on him anyway.

secret smell GIF

That's why you do the pick swap during trade period, not on draft night. If they don't go for it then we just go for Lions pick instead.

If we gave Dodo 22, 36, 39 and 41 I think they would actually be better off anyway. Everyone's a winner.

This could be a draft where a number of A graders come out of it as well as quite a number of B Graders as well as C graders, but not that many superstars, if any

Already we know there is no Harley Reid here in this draft

Dunno man...

Bid in 2nd round you either match with points up to pick 36 OR next pick after 37.

For Armstrong if he doesn't go first round we may as well trade all our 2026 picks and match with a 5th rounder lol

I read at as a bid before 36 you use points to match it using their draft value index.

And if the bid is 37+ then you just use your next pick.

Which makes sense to me, once you get beyond 40 if you get a good player best of luck to you.

I didn’t say 11 for Rioli. I said 11 and 20… in a very deep draft. Big difference. 11 and 20 is big overs for Rioli. Eg Dawson went for a mid-teens pick. Saad who was 18-months younger for a single pick 8. I’d love to get more of course … but I’d take 11 and 20 and run!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I thought it was obvious I was comparing 6 to 11 given I said 20 was minimum to be included. But in the case I didn’t then I was saying between 6 and 11, 6 is the starting point plus 20.

I wouldn’t not accept 11 + 20 for all the reasons I highlighted, just keep him. If GC want him they need to pay.

Personally I love Rioli but it makes an awful lot of sense for him to go there for both clubs.

IMO GC can’t keep missing finals, Dimma can’t roll into 2026 without making finals and their academy gives them a pipeline of top 10 talent which means that elite mature players are more important. They also struggle to attract and retain talent, when they have the chance they have to take it even if it costs more.

I read at as a bid before 36 you use points to match it using their draft value index.

Which makes sense to me, once you get beyond 40 if you get a good player best of luck to you.

I thought it was obvious I was comparing 6 to 11 given I said 20 was minimum to be included. But in the case I didn’t then I was saying between 6 and 11, 6 is the starting point plus 20.

I wouldn’t not accept 11 + 20 for all the reasons I highlighted, just keep him. If GC want him they need to pay.

Personally I love Rioli but it makes an awful lot of sense for him to go there for both clubs.

IMO GC can’t keep missing finals, Dimma can’t roll into 2026 without making finals and their academy gives them a pipeline of top 10 talent which means that elite mature players are more important. They also struggle to attract and retain talent, when they have the chance they have to take it even if it costs more.
After bids what does pick 11 become let alone 20??

Ahh that makes more sense.

This isn't a joke by the way.

Essendons pick will be much better than Lions and Kako is exactly the type of player Bummers need so they won't pass. A bid at 6 would chew up both of Essendons only two picks and leave them with Kako and probably a pick in the 40s.

Could end up with 1, 6, 7, 9, 12, 16, 20 and 21.

Be better off with their pick 13 and their first rounder next year in exchange for not bidding on Kako and pick 6. They get two very good talents, we still can take someone like Hotton, Travilgia or Lindsey with 13 and get to death ride them next year.

This is somewhat dependant on where the general final draft rankings sits, as the player they want at 6 we might be desperate for in which case you walk away, if we want different players we simply take the player we want at 7 in this scenario.

They might call your bluff and let you have him

Could be worse players to end up with. For me he is better prospect than Watson and probably the most exciting small forward since Kozi Pickett.

Be better off with their pick 13 and their first rounder next year in exchange for not bidding on Kako and pick 6. They get two very good talents, we still can take someone like Hotton, Travilgia or Lindsey with 13 and get to death ride them next year.

This is somewhat dependant on where the general final draft rankings sits, as the player they want at 6 we might be desperate for in which case you walk away, if we want different players we simply take the player we want at 7 in this scenario.

Could be worse players to end up with. For me he is better prospect than Watson and probably the most exciting small forward since Kozi Pickett.
Agreed. Very good little player. Happy to bid on him not just to pee them off.

The AFL want the playing cohort to be incresingly multicultural, so they need to incentevise clubs to invest and develop these players. The way to do that is to guarantee clubs will have access to the players they put the effort in on
But some zones are better than others, it seems. So giving free access might create more inequality.

With the new point system making it much harder to match bids, our F2 round pick would have to be in play for the Rioli trade as the Suns have another batch of top-end talent in 2025

GC 6+11 + 2026 F2 to Richmond for Rioli + 2025 F2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m wondering if they’ll bring in protected future picks like the NBA has? Otherwise I would have thought the variance on where your pick might end up would make trading two years in advance an extremely risky proposition

Berry's recent shift into the midfield has given draft watchers a lot to think about. He's not a prolific clearance winner at this stage, but his elite evasive skills allow him to navigate traffic from inside to out and convert stoppage wins by his team into damaging possessions. He still splits his time between midfield and his old forward role, and remains one of the most damaging players in this years pool inside the forward 50.

Said it before this kid reminds me of Craig McCrae. If he's half as good he'd be a great get.

Hypothetically.
Whilst we have so much WA trade bait, should we have a crack at Harley Reid?
We have
Pick 1 or 2
Bolton
Baker
F1, F2
I’m not advocating trading all these but possibly a substantial portion. If a Rioli trade is completed prior we could add the picks received as part of the offerings.
Thoughts?
Not sure about that but I reckon #1 and Baker is close to it.

So after last night, we're now effectively guaranteed to be picking in the first 2 picks as the Eagles now sit 2 games and 6% above us on the ladder. We would need to thump North today and the Suns in the last game to be any chance of passing the Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back