Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read at as a bid before 36 you use points to match it using their draft value index.

And if the bid is 37+ then you just use your next pick.

Which makes sense to me, once you get beyond 40 if you get a good player best of luck to you.

I thought it was obvious I was comparing 6 to 11 given I said 20 was minimum to be included. But in the case I didn’t then I was saying between 6 and 11, 6 is the starting point plus 20.

I wouldn’t not accept 11 + 20 for all the reasons I highlighted, just keep him. If GC want him they need to pay.

Personally I love Rioli but it makes an awful lot of sense for him to go there for both clubs.

IMO GC can’t keep missing finals, Dimma can’t roll into 2026 without making finals and their academy gives them a pipeline of top 10 talent which means that elite mature players are more important. They also struggle to attract and retain talent, when they have the chance they have to take it even if it costs more.

Apologies for confusion. If we don’t take 11 and 20, the opportunity the trade Rioli is probably gone forever. 11 and 20 in a strong draft is massive overs. Massive. I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being 11 and 20 with us returning a F3. Or maybe 6 and 20 with a F3 from us if we’re super lucky.

I’ll be super peeved if we stand our ground on Rioli and reject 11 and 20 or reject standalone pick 6. It’ll be the same mistake Eagles made not moving out Barass last year for 2 x firsts. Or McGovern or Yeo when they were in their late 20’s - those two are playing great footy now and were crucial in last nights win … but for what?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apologies for confusion. If we don’t take 11 and 20, the opportunity the trade Rioli is probably gone forever. 11 and 20 in a strong draft is massive overs. Massive. I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being 11 and 20 with us returning a F3. Or maybe 6 and 20 with a F3 from us if we’re super lucky.

I’ll be super peeved if we stand our ground on Rioli and reject 11 and 20 or reject standalone pick 6. It’ll be the same mistake Eagles made not moving out Barass last year for 2 x firsts. Or McGovern or Yeo when they were in their late 20’s - those two are playing great footy now and were crucial in last nights win … but for what?

I don't think it's going to end up 11. Dogs are flying unfortunately. Suns will likely be 7 or 8 depending on if Battle leaves but Dogs one is impossible to predict. I've got them finishing 5th but could do damage in finals from there. Deal would need to include the pick tied to the Suns imo.

terrywallacespewup.gif

WAFL Colts tho?

Na, that's Nick Maxwell.
Dune Wow GIF

Excellent summation and it is the perfect cautionary tale. If O’Rouke & off field leadership don’t appreciate this there’ll be a f***n mutiny.

Absolutely expect our president to say nothing less than this. If they want these guys they will certainly have to pay overs to get them out of RFC…. His comments merely support that position…. Also shows respect for our premiership players (for any potential players considering RFC as a destination club?)…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if we could go after Alixzander Tauru in the draft to be our Vlastuin successor. A 191cm intercept marking defender, pretty brave in the air, especially if we continue to play Brown forward
Hope so. Even with Brown we need to replace Grimes and Broad from our premiership teams.

It’s not massive overs, saad was pick 8 and rioli is better with 3 more years on his contract.

GC have history of over paying and have options with their academy that allow that. They are also not a destination club, you need to pay more in that situation.

Yeo is hugely important for Harley, both Freo and GC have come at him last two weeks as seems hot headed. Yeo is protecting and guiding him.

As for winning, it’s great, throwing away seasons and games for picks rarely leads to success. See Melbourne, Philly in nba two of the most extreme tank jobs I’ve ever seen and has caused untold issues in their cultures. It’s fine to be bad but it’s not fine to full blown lose and if you never win you never give the kids the excitement of winning.

We’re likely to lose Graham and baker, maybe Bolton. There are ample opportunities for more picks without losing Rioli if GC want to play funny buggers, especially when you court a player with 3 years left on their contract then refuse to pay up.

To be fair his bio does say 'follow me for bad Freo takes'.

Looks like Fred Savage got a perm.

I wonder if we could go after Alixzander Tauru in the draft to be our Vlastuin successor. A 191cm intercept marking defender, pretty brave in the air, especially if we continue to play Brown forward
Don't think it's a priority given we have Trezise and Bauer as well. Don't think Brown's a forward long term.

Mids, key forwards and small forwards are what we need.

I'd love for Jake Waterman to play at Richmond. We need to think about life without Lynch. We need a forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back