Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of KPF’s in this draft and I’m certain we will use one of our top-30 picks on at least one of them. Assuming we have 6 x top-30 picks I’d guess 1 x KPF, 1 x KPF/Ruck, 3 x midfielders and 1 x mid/fwd.

Elite mids can easily be played off HBF (ala Scheezel, Naicos).

Let’s assume Bolton, Graham, Rioli, Baker, Dusty, Grimes, Cumbo, Pickett and Grimes are all gone, and everyone on our list is fit … here is our team Round 23 2025:

B: Broad. Miller. Gibcus
HB: Vlastuin. Balta. T Brown
C: Hugo. Hopper. Banks
HF: Mansell. Lefau. Campbell
F: MRJ. Lynch. Kosi
R: Nank. Taranto. #1 pick
I/C: Ross. McAuliffe. Smith. Green. Clarke
E: Tresize. 2nd draft pick. 3rd draft pick

It’s not ‘jump off the Westgate’ bad.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Lynch will probably be injured and when he is that forward line is horrific. Hopefully we pick wisely with the KPF's and any mid forwards or small forwards as we can't afford too many busts there.

The move of Travaglia into the middle continues with reasonable success. His intense competitiveness leads to him applying significant defensive pressure around contests and stoppage, and his high work rate allows him to find plenty of the footy on the spread. He's not as clean with his hands and incisive with his movement as other top line mids in the pool at this stage though, which leads to most of his work at stoppage being scrappy.

What if we end with pick 2 and the team with 1 take Ludowyke? What if Ludowyke does an ACL? Sharp, Greeves, Onley and Rodriguez are also very good so what if Ludowyke is more a 5-10 rated player do we reach on pick 1?

We should grab a key forward this year, whether it's Armstrong in top 10 or someone with a 20ish pick is up for debate. There will definitely be guys in our range.

It would be dangerous to ignore our KPF need again
Should be taking 2 KPF this year to balance out the list.

He did bugger all during the champs. Hung around in the forward line most games getting run off all day and then jagging a couple of goals late to keep his spot.

This is a classic case of internet drafting contagion gone mad.

8 possessions and 1 goal in the final champs game. He'd be as big a disaster as Fiora over Pavlich and Tambling over Franklin
You do realize that Lalor was working his way back from injury and entered the champs underdone.

We will be picking first again in the draft next year. Absolutely it's bad.

But we need to start somewhere. This is ground zero of the rebuild

If we lose all of Bolton, Baker, Rioli, Martin and Graham I agree it’s an almost certain bottom-2 finish. But a hell of a lot of our players will be hitting the all important 40-50 game milestones end of 2025 and I predict there’ll be loads of optimism for the future.

We are going to parlay some of our early picks this year into 2025 so will have 2 x very strong drafts in a row.

Tigers exist to be sh*t or win flags. It’s not a bad place to be and it’s why we have 13 of the shiny cups. But it will be 8-9 years between drinks this time .. not 37!

No1 pick could really be anyone. Having watched all the highlights there is no standout to me. Jagga is the safe option but doubt he will end up the best player in this draft. More likely Draper, FOS or Smillie for mine.

I reckon he'll go a bit higher than currently ranked. Mid-late first round.

Doubt it. Needs a big last few rounds/finals to push his name back up there. Less to do with him but more the players around him.

Agree, that's why I'm not that high on Shanahan. Kicked 4 against the worst team to ever exist but was all just lead/mark. I want to see some aggression at the ball and the man for defensive pressure.

Meh, his body work is excellent and as long as he can get separation on the lead then he has everything he needs to thrive at the next level. Clean below his knees and can dob them from 50 likes its nothing. Won't crash packs like Lynch but doesn't need to as second tall.

There are plenty of KPF’s in this draft and I’m certain we will use one of our top-30 picks on at least one of them. Assuming we have 6 x top-30 picks I’d guess 1 x KPF, 1 x KPF/Ruck, 3 x midfielders and 1 x mid/fwd.

Elite mids can easily be played off HBF (ala Scheezel, Naicos).

Let’s assume Bolton, Graham, Rioli, Baker, Dusty, Grimes, Cumbo, Pickett and Grimes are all gone, and everyone on our list is fit … here is our team Round 23 2025:

B: Broad. Miller. Gibcus
HB: Vlastuin. Balta. T Brown
C: Hugo. Hopper. Banks
HF: Mansell. Lefau. Campbell
F: MRJ. Lynch. Kosi
R: Nank. Taranto. #1 pick
I/C: Ross. McAuliffe. Smith. Green. Clarke
E: Tresize. 2nd draft pick. 3rd draft pick

It’s not ‘jump off the Westgate’ bad.

Broad, Miller, Hugo, Banks. Mansell, Kosi, MRJ and the whole bench are VFL players. Hopefully some improve but I wouldn’t count on it.

If we lose all of Bolton, Baker, Rioli, Martin and Graham I agree it’s an almost certain bottom-2 finish. But a hell of a lot of our players will be hitting the all important 40-50 game milestones end of 2025 and I predict there’ll be loads of optimism for the future.

We are going to parlay some of our early picks this year into 2025 so will have 2 x very strong drafts in a row.

Tigers exist to be sh*t or win flags. It’s not a bad place to be and it’s why we have 13 of the shiny cups. But it will be 8-9 years between drinks this time .. not 37!

As long as Toce knows what's he's doing. If we go hard on this draft and next I don't think it will be 8 years.

There's something enjoyable about drafting your stars and watching them grow from day 1.

Doubt it. Needs a big last few rounds/finals to push his name back up there. Less to do with him but more the players around him.

Meh, his body work is excellent and as long as he can get separation on the lead then he has everything he needs to thrive at the next level. Clean below his knees and can dob them from 50 likes its nothing. Won't crash packs like Lynch but doesn't need to as second tall.
Fair call. I've just seen a few uncompetitive efforts from him. Love his athleticism and skills.

I have heard from a good source, the following information.

My source is a person who works as list manager at another club. On the weekend he was at Shepparton to watch a game as were some Tiger people.

Bolton wants to go home and is not fussed whether it’s Freo or WC Clearly due to family reasons, Bolton has made his intentions known to the club.

Rioli wants to go to GC more specific his wife does and he has also made it known.

Interesting times regardless.

My source is a person who works as list manager at another club. On the weekend he was at Shepparton to watch a game as were some Tiger people.

Bolton wants to go home and is not fussed whether it’s Freo or WC Clearly due to family reasons, Bolton has made his intentions known to the club.

Rioli wants to go to GC more specific his wife does and he has also made it known.

Welcome to last week 😆

Just kidding, interesting Bolton not fussed on team.

Rioli's partner is a DJ, plenty of clubs in the gold coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s pretty much what the media have been alluding too. He can wipe his ass with his contract pretty much.

No1 pick could really be anyone. Having watched all the highlights there is no standout to me. Jagga is the safe option but doubt he will end up the best player in this draft. More likely Draper, FOS or Smillie for mine.
Jagga would be a terrible pick 1 choice for us, what we need is a game breaker / match winner mid, which Jagga is not and his skillset doesn't project that way.

At least with Smillie, FOS, Lalor, Draper they have that upside, even if they aren't as "safe" a prospect as Jagga Smith.

One thing that just came to me is that's back to back weeks we've had people live at Murray Bushrangers games...

Berry & Whitlock x 2 on the radar I wonder.

Fine. Two first rounders for each, with one of each set of two being their first pick. And one of Gold Coast's picks being next year's first.

Confirmed from 2 sources then. You and the newspaper I read last week.

When does this kid ever play a bad game!!
Geez he plays at a consistently high level
Travaglia is the most underrated/improved of all CTL kids. Can’t understand why he’s not seen as top 5. Armstrong or Travaglia with a Rioli trade pick would make me happy. Armstrong because we need a KPF and Travaglia instant running half back with good skill, speed, disposal and a gun mark for his size. As stated by others, he’s also gunned it as midfielder. I declared he was top 5 earlier and I’ve seen nothing that has changed my mind.

Travaglia is the most underrated/improved of all CTL kids. Can’t understand why he’s not seen as top 5. Armstrong or Travaglia with a Rioli trade pick would make me happy. Armstrong because we need a KPF and Travaglia instant running half back with good skill, speed, disposal and a gun mark for his size. As stated by others, he’s also gunned it as midfielder. I declared he was top 5 earlier and I’ve seen nothing that has changed my mind.
Think WC take him. Not sure if that means at 2/3 or they're planning to trade down.

As long as Toce knows what's he's doing. If we go hard on this draft and next I don't think it will be 8 years.

There's something enjoyable about drafting your stars and watching them grow from day 1.

Fair call. I've just seen a few uncompetitive efforts from him. Love his athleticism and skills.

That was initial concern I had for him but after watching closely feel like his body language is more poor rather than the effort itself. Certainly inconsistent but he a freakish talent, who in any other draft would currently be in top 10 contention. May yet still end up there with a strong end of the year.

Jagga would be a terrible pick 1 choice for us, what we need is a game breaker / match winner mid, which Jagga is not and his skillset doesn't project that way.

At least with Smillie, FOS, Lalor, Draper they have that upside, even if they aren't as "safe" a prospect as Jagga Smith.

Jagga likely there at our next pick, not sure we would take him mind you. Would probably lean towards a key tall with our second pick, Armstrong being the pick of them. Likely finish last or second last next year with the rumoured exodus which gives a shot at either Greeves or Sharp who look like the early candidates for pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back