Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thinking and good post Fargo but I dont think Rioli or Baker leave which only leaves what we get for Bolton.
I'm pretty confident now that Rioli and Bolton will try and get out. I see both playing out similar to Soldo last year where we make a song and dance about them being "required players" in order to leverage a good deal.

Baker I'm not as sure on. Partly because of Tiger71's steadfast confidence that he signs and I can also see the appeal for him to stay and captain the club through the next era.

Think they changed it last week to 5.
"The AFL will introduce a trigger for an additional fourth year on the Rookie List where the Rookie has played less than ten career AFL matches, which will then apply in same way for access to an additional fifth year. Total aggregate years on the Rookie List will be capped at five years (5.5 years for Mid-Season Rookie Draft)."

"The AFL will introduce a trigger for an additional fourth year on the Rookie List where the Rookie has played less than ten career AFL matches, which will then apply in same way for access to an additional fifth year. Total aggregate years on the Rookie List will be capped at five years (5.5 years for Mid-Season Rookie Draft)."
The <10 game requirement probably means that we'd elevate Campbell ahead of Bauer, whereas in the past we've typically elevated them based on how long they've been on the list.

We are all hopeful that the club strikes now but I have the horrible feeling they won’t.
I have the same feeling. I am naturally a pessimist so hopefully I'm wrong.

It would be insane not to make the most of this opportunity.

Pick 1 Richmond- Finn O'Sullivan
Pick 7- Richmond - jagga Smith
Pick 8- Richmond- sam lalor
Pick 12- Richmond- harry armstrong
Pick 14- Richmond- Xavier Lindsay
Pick 17- Richmond- joe Berry
Pick22 -traded to lions for there 1st 2025
Pick 23- Richmond Cooper hynes
Pick 26- Richmond one of mraz..sims..Faull . ofarrell. M whitlock

I may be the minority but I’m not seeing the hype around FOS. The game this weekend will give some good insight.
He is the classiest player in the draft. He was the unanimous choice last year as no.1 pick after his performance at the nationals in 2023. His best has demonstrated to be the best of all the players in this draft to date. Just hasn't been able to replicate it this year due to injury. The last player to have that same situation occur.......................Chris Judd. He dropped to no.3 and the rest is history.

My order is:

1. FOS
2. Reid
3. Jagga
4. Langford
5. Ashcroft
6. Draper
7. Smille
8. Shanahan
9. Armstrong
10. Lindsay

I for one support the commentators choice here to embrace the memes and pronounce Jack's surname as "Off" the entire game. Ough is finishing strongly this season, pushing his name up draft boards since he move to a more permanent on ball role. His size and clean hands at ground level are a feature, along with a nice change of direction and tidy disposal.

I for one support the commentators choice here to embrace the memes and pronounce Jack's surname as "Off" the entire game. Ough is finishing strongly this season, pushing his name up draft boards since he move to a more permanent on ball role. His size and clean hands at ground level are a feature, along with a nice change of direction and tidy disposal.

Likes to play keepings ough.

Will get my coat. :)

Pick 1 Richmond- Finn O'Sullivan
Pick 7- Richmond - jagga Smith
Pick 8- Richmond- sam lalor
Pick 12- Richmond- harry armstrong
Pick 14- Richmond- Xavier Lindsay
Pick 17- Richmond- joe Berry
Pick22 -traded to lions for there 1st 2025
Pick 23- Richmond Cooper hynes
Pick 26- Richmond one of mraz..sims..Faull . ofarrell. M whitlock
If this happens, I will finger pop my A hole while running laps naked at Punt road singing old mcDonald.

The above would be a 5 year rebuild in 24 hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

having pick 1 is great but its nearly doomed to fail.
how often is pick 1 the best player?
The history of pick #1 in the AFL speaks for itself... Very rarely are they the best player in their draft.

Look at the list since 2000 and there aren't many that were game changers. Some may have been good for their club but if u ask me, u want pick 1 to be that player that moves u forward. Maybe I expect too much from the pick #1 but that's how I feel.

1723092860619.png

This was very fun, maybe we don't get all 3 picks for Bolton and we also have the first two picks of the second round if Graham triggers band 3 compo

Using Squiggles projected ladder for the draft order

1st round

Richmond-Pick 1- Finn O’Sullivan

North- Pick 2- Luke Trainor
Eagles- Pick 3- Harvey Langford
Adelaide- Pick 4- Sid Draper
Brisbane- Pick 5- Levi Ashcroft (Bid)
Suns- Pick 6- Leo Lombard (Bid)
Saints- Pick 7- Josh Smillie
Richmond- Pick 8- Jagga Smith- Dan Rioli to GC
Melbourne- Pick 9- Sam Lalor
Richmond- Pick 10- Murphy Reid- Bolton to Freo
Essendon- Pick 11- Harry Armstrong
Essendon- Pick 12- Isaac Kako (Bid)
West Coast- Pick 13- Bo Allan- Barrass to Hawks
GWS- Pick 14- Xavier Lindsay
Carlton- Pick 15- Joe Berry
Richmond- Pick 16- Taj Hotton- Bolton to Freo
Bulldogs- Pick 17- Tobie Travaglia
Brisbane- Pick 18- Sam Marshall (Bid)
Geelong- Pick 19- Alixzander Tauru
Richmond- Pick 20- Jonty Faull- Bolton to Freo
Richmond- Pick 21- Cooper Hynes- Brisbane points swap

Carlton- Pick 22- Ben Camporeale (Bid)
Sydney- Pick 23- Jack Whitlock
Sydney- Pick 24- Matt Whitlock

Last edited:
The history of pick #1 in the AFL speaks for itself... Very rarely are they the best player in their draft.

Look at the list since 2000 and there aren't many that were game changers. Some may have been good for their club but if u ask me, u want pick 1 to be that player that moves u forward. Maybe I expect too much from the pick #1 but that's how I feel.

View attachment 2072092
The positive is that more recently it seems to have gotten better.

The positive is that more recently it seems to have gotten better.
Yeah to an extent but I'm still not 100% sold on some of these pick 1's.

For example, i got big wraps on JHF, guy is a bull, may not average 30 posies a game but impacts games which I rather prefer.

As opposed to McGrath who for a pick 1 isn't anything special running off a HBF.

View attachment 2072092
Even though cadman went number 1, that was more to do with GWS targeting him and the JHF trade. Sheezel would've been number 1 in normal circumstances. Many list managers had McCluggage as the number 1 player in 2016 as well

Even though cadman went number 1, that was more to do with GWS targeting him and the JHF trade. Sheezel would've been number 1 in normal circumstances. Many list managers had McCluggage as the number 1 player in 2016 as well
When I saw that I thought Cadman was not the pick 1 in the draft. I just feel like with pick 1, u have to nail it.

He is the classiest player in the draft. He was the unanimous choice last year as no.1 pick after his performance at the nationals in 2023. His best has demonstrated to be the best of all the players in this draft to date. Just hasn't been able to replicate it this year due to injury. The last player to have that same situation occur.......................Chris Judd. He dropped to no.3 and the rest is history.

My order is:

1. FOS
2. Reid
3. Jagga
4. Langford
5. Ashcroft
6. Draper
7. Smille
8. Shanahan
9. Armstrong
10. Lindsay
His best footy is a year ago, other guys could’ve caught up since then. For me, he needs to string together some really good games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back