Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

His best footy is a year ago, other guys could’ve caught up since then. For me, he needs to string together some really good games
Been injured all year and you don’t lose your ability.
So many times in the past, clubs have overlooked players rated as number 1 at the start of their U18 year, and they generally pay a price for it. I’m not a junior watcher but based on the comments made by those who do, I’d take him and back in that his ability will shine through once he gets his fitness and confidence back. Even he said it himself on gettable, that his broken finger had affected aspects of his season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been injured all year and you don’t lose your ability.
So many times in the past, clubs have overlooked players rated as number 1 at the start of their U18 year, and they generally pay a price for it. I’m not a junior watcher but based on the comments made by those who do, I’d take him and back in that his ability will shine through once he gets his fitness and confidence back. Even he said it himself on gettable, that his broken finger had affected aspects of his season.
Serious question, who? I cannot think of 1.

Well he better impress in the VFL
Sunday could sort out a few issues for Toce and co regarding the draft or it could make things even more complicated. If Smith has a strong 3rd performance then surely he comes right into calculations for pick 1, but if FOS comes in and plays like Jagga did against Williamstown then the issue of who we take at pick 1 becomes even more difficult.

If this happens, I will finger pop my A hole while running laps naked at Punt road singing old mcDonald.

The above would be a 5 year rebuild in 24 hours.
Just in case you need directions.
Screenshot_20240808_162430_Maps.jpg

With potentially multiple picks in the first round, “playing it safe” with number #1 might be a smart thing to do. He’ll be the one under the most pressure. Jagga in my opinion has the highest floor of anyone in the draft. Just don’t see how he doesn’t become a good midfielder. We could potentially swing for the fences with another pick or two. Imagine if Smillie were to drop to our next pick…

With potentially multiple picks in the first round, “playing it safe” with number #1 might be a smart thing to do. He’ll be the one under the most pressure. Jagga in my opinion has the highest floor of anyone in the draft. Just don’t see how he doesn’t become a good midfielder. We could potentially swing for the fences with another pick or two. Imagine if Smillie were to drop to our next pick…
Yep, I cant help but think Smillie is the slider.

This was very fun, maybe we don't get all 3 picks for Bolton and we also have the first two picks of the second round if Graham triggers band 3 compo

Using Squiggles projected ladder for the draft order

1st round

Richmond-Pick 1- Finn O’Sullivan

North- Pick 2- Luke Trainor
Eagles- Pick 3- Harvey Langford
Adelaide- Pick 4- Sid Draper
Brisbane- Pick 5- Levi Ashcroft (Bid)
Suns- Pick 6- Leo Lombard (Bid)
Saints- Pick 7- Josh Smillie
Richmond- Pick 8- Jagga Smith- Dan Rioli to GC
Melbourne- Pick 9- Sam Lalor
Richmond- Pick 10- Murphy Reid- Bolton to Freo
Essendon- Pick 11- Harry Armstrong
Essendon- Pick 12- Isaac Kako (Bid)
West Coast- Pick 13- Bo Allan- Barrass to Hawks
GWS- Pick 14- Xavier Lindsay
Carlton- Pick 15- Joe Berry
Richmond- Pick 16- Taj Hotton- Bolton to Freo
Bulldogs- Pick 17- Tobie Travaglia
Brisbane- Pick 18- Sam Marshall (Bid)
Geelong- Pick 19- Alixzander Tauru
Richmond- Pick 20- Jonty Faull- Bolton to Freo
Richmond- Pick 21- Cooper Hynes- Brisbane points swap

Carlton- Pick 22- Ben Camporeale (Bid)
Sydney- Pick 23- Jack Whitlock
Sydney- Pick 24- Matt Whitlock
Very close. Saints likely to get pick 8 (compo for Josh Battle) so that pushes the picks after out by 1.

Also strong chance we swap 10 and 16 to the Egirls for pick 3 (or 2). That gives us both FOS and Jagga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back