Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Jagga have that is superior to a fit FOS - Current form at U18 and VFL levels. FOS has zero form and is a huge risk. Hindsight may favour FOS or another draftee but we are not the benefit of it. No matter who we select at pick one, Richmond will most likely be lambasted for the selection. FOS form this weekend for our VFL side may have a huge bearing on our first pick. I actually hope he is more effective than Jagga as then we’ll have a form line.
Agreed he’s a risk on this years form, but we want a gun player for the next 15, not this years best in the u18’s. The recruitment crew have access to all their on field and perhaps more importantly their off field/psychological data to make the most informed guesses on future output.
And whilst excited to welcome a crop of good talent it’ll mean f**k all if we don’t sort out our fitness & coaching situations.

i've always pictured this board to be majority balding 40+ yr olds so that seems like it'd be a big ask in my imagination
Yeah cos you watch the bigfooty tigercast too much

We not all like those campaigners

i've always pictured this board to be majority balding 40+ yr olds so that seems like it'd be a big ask in my imagination
Combing George Costanza GIF by HULU

me getting ready for a gameday thread

Im not worried about getting a franchise player in this draft, happy to add
an A grader or 2 and a couple of B graders ( with a loaded draft hand)
When you look at our list I don’t think we have an A grade kid on our list at the moment. Gibcus probably the closest.
It's why trading out for picks helps as it will give us top picks for next year and the year after. So 3 years of a natural top 3 pick + whatever picks we get from players going home (which I don't think north got any of)

I hear the herald scum are banging on about Dusty’s $12 mil retirement plan…ffs

Interesting they don’t focus on w***ers like Alan Joyce…who wrecked Qantas….has an obsence payout on millions for the carnage….…Gina rhinehartds ridiculous inherited wealth built in asbestos misery…how the Uber wealthy don’t pay taxes…

but yeah…let’s hold Dusty in the spotlight

campaigners

Im not worried about getting a franchise player in this draft, happy to add
an A grader or 2 and a couple of B graders ( with a loaded draft hand)
When you look at our list I don’t think we have an A grade kid on our list at the moment. Gibcus probably the closest.
How is Gibcus rated as a A Grade player - what has he actually done to recive this rating - has he actually been the Best Player for Richmond - totally overated because he Was Richmonds first draft pick

How is Gibcus rated as a A Grade player - what has he actually done to recive this rating - has he actually been the Best Player for Richmond - totally overated because he Was Richmonds first draft pick

I know he has injury problems but have you watched him play? If he overcomes his injury issues he’ll easily be an A grader, nothing to do with his draft position he is just gooood!!

I did say “ closest” to an A grader
Early signs were encouraging. Then 2 seasons on the injury list, pretty tough call to say he’s totally overrated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

on a pure "potential" level Josh Smillie is the most athletic Cripps-like player to appear in a draft since Tom Green.

We chose Ben Lennon over Cripps because of the same reasons Josh is falling down the rankings.

My biggest worry is that this draft and next we HAVE to get a franchise player that can sell memberships and get bums on seats. WCE are TRASHHHHH but the Harley effect gets them through the door.
We win 3 flags after that. Must of drafted some talent in.

Just noticed Jacob Hopper is 28 in Feb. We got our pants pulled down fk me

It was a really interesting convo about how little time they get with the players through the season, something I’d never really thought about. Coates league, national champs and school footy for most.

What would everyone think about us trading Vlaustin? I just wonder whether it would be worthwhile trading any assets that we have that aren't going to be at the club next time we contend and he is one of them.

Please note that I adore Vlaustin, I'm just thinking about our options. Please play nice if you don't like the idea. I'm just exploring thoughts.

Not if we are losing a bunch of other high quality senior players which looks likely. Youngsters need senior leaders to ‘show them the way’ and we don’t want to be losing by 15-goals every second week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just noticed Jacob Hopper is 28 in Feb. We got our pants pulled down fk me

And Kaleb Smith and Steely Greene are 20yo. Did you know they were part of the Hopper trade?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back