Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inb4 we hold Bolton and Rioli to their contracts, JGTI knocks back Eagles, Baker goes to Eagles for a future 2nd rounder and we go to the draft with pick 1 and 21.
Would be a bit of a disaster tbh. Just rebuilding with our natural 1st each year will take ages to get to the point where FA's want to come.

Would be a bit of a disaster tbh. Just rebuilding with our natural 1st each year will take ages to get to the point where FA's want to come.
Not to mention our natural first will probably be 4-6 each year instead of 1-3 so we'd be reliant on other teams not taking players we want/need.

Even though it was only glimpses on the weekend, I think I'd be taking FOS at #1 now. It's difficult to explain, but he just looks like an elite prospect with the way he moves.

I'm a big Jagga fan, but seeing FOS alongside him showed a definite gap in class between the two players.

Inb4 we hold Bolton and Rioli to their contracts, JGTI knocks back Eagles, Baker goes to Eagles for a future 2nd rounder and we go to the draft with pick 1 and 21.
We are primed for Brisbanes 1st pick. We hold the power in that move. If we bid on Ashcroft @1. They will need 2500 points to match. Currently don’t have that, so will need to trade with a club that has the points they need. Best to deal with us, as we give them the points and decide not to bid on Ashcroft with pick 1, saving them around 500 points. Gives us a pick around 14-17.

- can also do this with GC. Threaten to bid on Lombard @ 1 and trade for one of there 1st rounders for points.

We could have pick 1, 6, 14, 21.

Package 14 - 21 for a higher selection

Or go Baker + 21 for Pick 8 from Freo.

We don’t have to trade anyone that we don’t need to.

Even though it was only glimpses on the weekend, I think I'd be taking FOS at #1 now. It's difficult to explain, but he just looks like an elite prospect with the way he moves.

I'm a big Jagga fan, but seeing FOS alongside him showed a definite gap in class between the two players.
It's what I've been banging on about his elite attributes. The agility, ability to get out of trouble, the skills, the decision making. He didn't lose any of that by being out injured. He just lost the fitness to accumulate.

I think he would have only had 50% game time yesterday. Get his fitness to the point where he's getting 30 in the CTL (averaged 23.3 as bottom ager so accumulation isnt an issue) and we'd have a stand out #1.

They won’t hold Bolton due to his young family. Deal will get done.

Probably unlikely, but I’d love for the Saints to finish above the Suns. Most likely getting another early first for Battle when he leaves. Would love to get in front of them having two picks in a row (with the suns first)

So send recruiters to 190+ countries and have them scout for athletic kids playing sports that are not AFL. And then what? Hand them a footy and tell them to kick it?

Or do we just focus on Africans because you know, Mac Andrew who has been here from 18-months and grown up playing footy does it really well, so surely any African kid can do the same, what with their athleticism and all?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not all Africans and other countries, just those showing MacAndrew traits.

It is not about Africa, it is not about hail mary's it is about finding the next MacAndrew who could be bigger than Buddy Franklin in terms of impact.

If MacAndrew explodes in trajectory on field which is shaping up as a possibility because of his lineage basically it means certain regions overseas have a greater opportunity for more success so their interest in footy over here will grow, the market will grow over there because they have buy in because they can develop megastars and everything flows on from there.

Obviously given the nature of the game Sumo wrestlers would have the same advantages as those kicking the footy around in Africa and elsewhere developing their game looking for a moonshot to the big time

The best chance for someone if Africa to make it like MacAndrew would be to learn and kick a footy

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's what I've been banging on about his elite attributes. The agility, ability to get out of trouble, the skills, the decision making. He didn't lose any of that by being out injured. He just lost the fitness to accumulate.

I think he would have only had 50% game time yesterday. Get his fitness to the point where he's getting 30 in the CTL (averaged 23.3 as bottom ager so accumulation isnt an issue) and we'd have a stand out #1.
I keep reading this. Wasn't it a finger injury? Why has it set his fitness back so far? :think:

How long before the media start with the unfair advantage Richmond are getting with so much access to draftees before the draft?

Reckon it ramps up when trades are done and we've got a handful of early picks

I keep reading this. Wasn't it a finger injury? Why has it set his fitness back so far? :think:
This is a valid concern that is seemingly ignored by many.

I'd say partly it's match fitness but someone said when you're finger is in a splint you're told not to run/exercise.
Jon Stewart What GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back