Rumour Trade rumour/innuendo/fact/fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an outlandish idea. Why don't we keep all our picks and draft kids who will be tigers from day 1 and will create their own culture as tigers?
I know it's a simple idea.
But it's one I believe in.

Here's an outlandish idea. Why don't we keep all our picks and draft kids who will be tigers from day 1 and will create their own culture as tigers?

Agreed:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

When you have lids, riewoldt, cotch and martin leading the future why wouldn't you focus on youth?

You still need to explore options during trade week and improve your list from trades though. No side has won a flag SOLELY by the draft. No side. Why not try and improve our list?

You still need to explore options during trade week and improve your list from trades though. No side has won a flag SOLELY by the draft. No side. Why not try and improve our list?
I have no problems with improving our list for the long term. But gettign Sherman, Houli etc is not going to do that.

Geelong 2009
- Harley traded from Port at 20
- Mooney traded from North at 20
- Ottens traded from Richmond at 24

Hawthorn 2008
- Stephen Gilham rookie draft after playing at port.
- Brent Guerra picked up in the pre-season draft
- Stuart Dew National Draft.
- Traded to get back trent croad

Geelong 2007
- Same as 2009

West Coast 2006
- Daniel Chick traded from Hawthorn at 26
- Tyson Stenglein traded from adelaide at 24
- Steven Armstrong rookie draft.

Sydney 2005
- Craig Bolton pre-season draft.
- Barry Hall traded from st kilda at 24
- Paul Williams traded from collingwood at 27
- Nick Davis traded from collingwood at 22
- Darren Jolly traded from melbourne at 23
- Jason Ball traded from west coast at 27

Except Sydney not many trades.

Where did I say trading is the only way to win flags? If anything you've proved my point.

Good drafting coupled with smart trading wins premierships.

My God...
Tambling stays. Are we that blind?
Trading for a premiership should really only be done when you're in contention, and even then it's mainly for premiership experience ie Hawthorn getting Dew (that was a big win), Saints getting King and Gardiner, Collingwood getting Ball and Jolly.

The other trades that should be done are the ones like the Mitch Morton trade.

Trading is done to improve your team yes. A lot of us here is just talking about trading for the sake of trading.

It's quite simple: generally trade for experience when you're in contention, trade for picks with players WITH VALUE that you don't need, trade for talent who want to change clubs.

houli for polo .................its ok nothing special , a little bit of a sideways trade that could benefit both sides so nothing to lose but all ti gain :thumbsu:
Agree 100%. Only trade for Houli if straight swap for Polo or PSD.
Dowler ..................... intresting player very high pick that just hasnt clicked probably confidence shot, would be intrested but as most posters have said only & only if he is either pick 60+ 0r psd
Again agree. Pick 60+, speculative option.
Sherman .................... realistically only worth a 3rd round pick due to the large salary he is on doesnt have great disposal & isnt very composed, would be very dissapointed if pick 28 was used only depth player but workhorse
I will have serious issues if our 2nd rounder is on the table. I am happy to absorb his 900k over 2 years, however, Voss must make it worth our while. 3rd rounder no more!
Mundy .................. way way too expensive for a player thats really only had 1 standout year not really A grade more B+ & need to question how effective he would be in a team that didnt include sandilands about par with foley atm , uncontracted wants to come to melbourne Rance+2nd rounder ''MAX'' but prefer to no take & keep rance for another year.
100% Agree. Do not trade for Mundy. Show interest to make other teams give up more.
Rance .................. Only 20 yo kpp thats got balls of steel & big bodied
we all expect these kids to be ''guns'' from day 1. please guys just remember back to when Brian Lake was brian harris 4-5 years ago he wasnt that special these kids should be given untill 23-24 to prove themselfs
I'm all for giving Rance 1-2 more years to show his potential. Has shown more at his age than McGuane, Moore and Thursty at same age. Definately keep unless he is used to get us a quality player (need) or a pick ~15.
Tambling ...............stkilda,hawthorn,brisbane,westcoast plus a couple of other teams ARE INTRESTED !! unless its a pick in the top 30 DO NOT TRADE 24 yo tambling for pick 40 or 26 yo tambling for pick 50
at least we will know that it was given every chance & we wont die wondering. but i have a feeling sherman + 2nd pick for tambling+3rd might be on.
Rated highly at tigerland but not by other clubs. Will not get true value for him. Would prefer us to hold onto him for 1-2 more years unless someone comes in with a top 20 pick
Mcguane , thurstfield , moore 1 of these must be traded preffrence mcguane or thursty to gc por picks if its 15 WOW FANTASTIC :thumbsu:
AGREE!!! Surplus of this type. Need to remove at least 1 for team balance.
NAHAS WHITE JACKSON ................ if theres someone willing to cough up a 2nd rounder GRAB IT & RUN
Disagree on Jacko. Definate keeper. Top 45 pick for any of White/Nahas would accept.

We don't need to be involved at all or trade anyone. Therefore, all of the above is what we should be willing to accept but if we can't get that, move on! No big deal. We don't need to pay over the odds for anyone or let people go for less than what we thought we could get...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great post, trading players like their cattle gives me the irits, if we have a surplus of a certain type its gotta be done i spose, avoid bidding wars wherever possible

You guys want to throw away 2nd and 3rd round picks like they have no value. I reckon on average more stars are picked up in those rounds than any other.

Put it this way.
Sherman/Houli or Griffiths/Astbury?

Dont ask me to reveal my source because i wont, so you just have to say i made it up and leave it at that,

David Mundy had been offered 750k in a front ended contract by us, 3 years in total, adding up to 1.6mil, he wants to be back in victoria and Essendon have offerred him 600k for his first year then his total being around the same figure 1.5 to 1.6 mil, its up to which club can satisfy freo the best.

Rance has Been thrown up expect a 3 way deal to be involved which ever club is involved.

Hawthorn has enquired on Rance again,

Tambling has been seriously courted by the lions Jade Rawliings absolutely loves him, Sherman has been mentioned as well as there 2nd pick weather its both or either i dont know.

MacGuane has been courted by the Suns and a pick from 15 or less has been mentioned,

Polo has been sought out by sydney dont expect much in return.

also expect us to be seriously trading for picks in the top 20 and we are going all out for west coasts pick 4, a big name player has been offerred. Jack delideo cotch and martin are the only untouchables.

pick 6 will not be traded under any circumstances and until 2 weeks ago had Heppel done and dusted, quietly rejoicing believing they got away with picking a future superstar, now its apparent he wont even get past pick 5, Francis Jackson has been tabbing him for 3 years.

Chris Knights almost signed aheads of agreement with us, still trying but looks very unlikely now.

We have our sights on drafting a darkhorse late in the Draft, we have kept him hidden.

Update;

i want to make one thing clear im only passing on what my source has said to me and things do change, but it seems most of it will come of like he mentioned in one form or another. Other forums think i have a fertile imagination but i repect the repect i have received off the tigers bf posters, the others i couldnt care about, believe me if you want and if you dont then i care if you dont.

after i posted this above info the other day, within 24 to 48 hrs certain things have come out, Knights has resigned for one, he kept raising his price and we just said no lets just concentrate on others like;

and i can tell you that we are cooling on Mundy now as there are other opportunities out there and he is more likely to go to Essendon for a player or players, Jetta and Myers have been mentioned as well as Hooker, if they trade hooker expect Macguane to be used for Houli and a high pick, Brisbane lions now head the race for LM and would need to use the Suns pick in return for Brennan, Sherman will used and we will be paying both of there salaries if it comes off that way. Sydney are also into macgaune and Vezpremi has been thrown up and are very keen on Polo u could expect a possible 3 way trade Houli to us, Polo to syd and a pick to Essendon.

Also the another senario is for Tambling, Sherman for Tambling and the suns pick for Brennan and we pay both salaries.

Tambling has beeen sought after by others we have not put him up and we hold great value with him, we will not trade him unless we recieve a top 20 pick, so the victorian Clubs that finished high will need to trade down there mid to low 20's and get into the late teens Pick. They have all enquired about him, including Carl and Hawthorn, Saints and Bulldogs are having a fair crack and are well ahead of the Bombers.

WE are desperate to get as many top 20 picks as we can and then really attack next year for a quality player or star.

We will be drafting Tom Lynch or Gorringe which ever is there hence why we are going after outside mids in trade because any chance of getting heppel or bennel will be gone and the quality of Key Talls that have upside and have match winning abaility will not be available later in the draft and will be impossible to get next year with GWS and the suns in the draft and if we rise up the ladder and bris falls then what hope do we have.

that all i could remeber from last night any questions if i know i will answer if it was mentioned.

Fairly happy about the general thrust actually particularly with the draft focus .

I an not sure about who gets what with the Sherman potential trade but , as I have said before, I don't rate him simply because he moves without sufficient composure and every thing he does in a rush. His demeanour at times to me suggest when he went well he was at the limit. I think we have seen the best of Sherman , he peaked last year and will be superseeded in a couple of years IMO. The other think for me is, Sherman lacks the necessary smarts, at least it appears that way. A lot of footy is in the brain and he does a lot of dumb things which will dampen the teams progress IMO.

Happy with the quest to be chasing extra draft picks between 6 and 17

So i need to ask, if we were to listen all the rumours currently going around, would people be happy with a result of:

IN: Houli - OUT: 2nd round pick / Polo
IN:Sherman - OUT: 3rd round pick
IN: 2nd round pick - OUT: Tambling
IN: Dowler - PSD/Late round ND selection
IN: Mundy - OUT: 2nd round selction and player / PSD ( <--- not going to happen)

We Keep Pick 6 and gain 4 players that should be valuable players and only lose Tambling and Polo and a 2nd and 3rd round pick which we may still get in return with some pick swapping thrown in!
Worth considering IMO!

No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to ask...........how in the proverbial do you call Sherman, Dowler and Houli improving our list. I understand trading/delisting duds (Thomson, Hislop, Polo, Nahas, etc.) but why on earth do you then replace them with a bloke who can't kick on his preferred foot, cannot even kick at all on his left (Sherman) our guys who aren't renowned for their hardness like McMuffin (Dowler & Houli). If the aim of the List Manager (and by God he is starting to worry me) is to improve your list via drafting and trading, why recruit other clubs mistakes. Then next year or the year after, we will all be back here screaming for the club to delist/trade Sherman, Houli, Dowler & co.

My Predictions:

Sherman (Plus We Pay Contract) For 3rd Round pick (45?)
Houli For Polo
Tambling for Bulldogs 1 Round Pick (21?)
And Dowler in PSD.

Nothing over the top. We will then have draft picks, #6, #21, #28, #62 and #79.

McGun;19068year is even wors345 said:
My Predictions:

Houli For Polo
And Dowler in PSD.

Do we all realise that our 2nd round pick could very well be in the mid 30's this year, Richmond is very well aware that the Players being picked up By suns and the concessions being handed out could push us back, the reality is that most of the clubs could use there picks this year and not in future years as next year is even worse and then this year and there is not 1 but 2 years of GWS conessions as well picking up uncontracted player so its actually worse for all clubs if they use there picks later, and there could be a possability in 3 years time that the 1 st round choice after the first round is completed is pick 19 and thats if other existing clubs dont have priority picks when things get back on track.

i hope this enlightens you all hence why trading 2nd and 3rd rounds are not that as valuable this year as other years and why we are trying to get top 20 picks.

My Predictions:

Houli For Polo
And Dowler in PSD.

I will die if that happens.
We get owned in every deal there. And the Houli for Polo deal is just shit for shit. I thought we wanted to get rid of deadwood!?
Tambling is so harshly judged here it is ridiculous.

The bulldogs wont have an early pick they will be using there first 2 picks on there father and sons Wallis and Liberatore- thats just a comment on there interest in Tambling.

I like the fact that if these rumours are true that we are focussing on getting early picks if possible from other clubs.

Also like the fact that we could take a kpp early just to shore up our KPP ranks for the future.

All we need is some clear thinking on the Tambling and McGuane trades and getting maximum benefit for these.

Thats it in a nutshell I reckon.

Also one final point, outside mids are a dime a dozen cant see why we are chasing the likes of Houli or Sherman. Happy that Mundy according to these rumours wont be coming to us either.

everitt for tambling could be good for both sides &will be an upgrade on mcguane# then we could use the pick gained by mcguane's trade for someone like watson if the pick 15 thing goes through

IN.......... WATSON & EVERITT
OUT ..... .TAMBLING & McGUANE

The bulldogs wont have an early pick they will be using there first 2 picks on there father and sons Wallis and Liberatore- thats just a comment on there interest in Tambling.

I like the fact that if these rumours are true that we are focussing on getting early picks if possible from other clubs.

Also like the fact that we could take a kpp early just to shore up our KPP ranks for the future.

All we need is some clear thinking on the Tambling and McGuane trades and getting maximum benefit for these.

Thats it in a nutshell I reckon.

Also one final point, outside mids are a dime a dozen cant see why we are chasing the likes of Houli or Sherman. Happy that Mundy according to these rumours wont be coming to us either.

i realise that but i think you will find that with harbrow gone they will pick up a compensation pick and will use that this year andwill use a hill, stack or even everitt to better there position and get a pick in the teens, Carlton looks like they will be trying on everitt again and dont be suprised if Hill ends up at punt road or Freo. Santana is gone and Syd looks like they have him in there sights.

Mundy has upped his asking price to 1.9 mil over three years im glad we are cooling off, but i do like Mundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back