Rumour Trade rumour/innuendo/fact/fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour and innuendo

Rance was not an oversight but he should be in depth players. Can't see where he is going to fit into any side as he doesn't play a position really. Easy to call him a utility but would be even easier to trade him. His overhead ability or lack of, means he cannot play KPD and his decision making and kicking means he cannot play on a HBF or a wing.

Vezpremi would add the dynamic small forward that we need on the HFF to compliment Taylor and Collins.

Agree with you re Rance. Lids is a different kettle of fish. He has now played everywhere under TW and DH. I think he will always be a swingman, sort of like Goddard. Just let him put himself where he needs to be.... midfield sometimes, backline, pinch hit up forward at other times....

Newman was a mistake you can throw Connors in to the backline and bring Tuck into the side.

Heppell is a gun HBF and I would expect him to be a big upgrade on Connors.

Tuck is not the future hence why I named him as depth, probably harsh.

For us to go forward Gourdis and Astbury need to play on the top 2 and Moore gives them a chop out as third tall or will get switched onto one if they are getting dominated. If you don't think we need to develop a FB/CHB that is over 189cm then you are delusional.

I think Deledio could stay on the HBF but eventually he will have to move into the midfield if he is to show us his true worth. If you have guys like Heppell, Connors and Newman running it out of the backline there is a lesser need for Deledio as they are all compitent.

With our midfield continuing to develop Deledio would not necessarily be tagged because Cotchin, Martin and Foley are there. I think when we are up and running in a few years he needs to be playing in the middle and be our damaging outside player. I like him at HBF but think that plenty of players can go back there and cover for him, however Deledio should be ablet to step it up a notch in the middle. At the very least he needs to be a swingman.

Riewoldt at FP doesn't mean that he is playing as Stephen Milne moron. Could easily have those three in the forward line and Riewoldt still be a marking option, just have to put them somewhere.

Dowler I think would be another depth swingman, but what I have seen him do at FF means he would fit in well down there.

Agree Amcre, think if we got these players we would def be looking good. And agree Deledio will come more into the midfield the better we get.

Rance is a beauty ill be sick if we trade him

His 21 years old next season
His played 20 games
His a 194 cm player

Riewoldt hadnt shown anything after 20 games either
You do not move on blokes that young that tall who have shown that much unless u get an offer to good to resist

Rance being terrible over his head is a myth his actually a good spoiler and his ground level recovery is good

His kicking is masssssively beat up on here, he misses a target when theirs no option up the ground and everyone bitches and moans while blokes like connors kick the cover off the ball miss open men and crucify the team over and over and everyone gets on here and goes "WOW how good was connors blind turn and baulk"

Rance is the hardest player on our list

Rance puts in more effort than anyone else

Rance in 20 games has shown plenty enough to suggest he will be a good player

LOL @ the clowns saying we should trade him because he doesnt have a position yet... Your talking about him like his been around for 10 years! his a tall strong kid let him develop FFS

You are very, very biased amcre.

Tuck may have 5 years in him, look at his father, played roughly a billion games, he may not even slow down for a few years. By the time he's gone we could have kids who are 16 years of age at the moment coming into the position.

Gourdis has only played a few games, who know's if he'll even be on the list in another year. It's a joke that you can say he can take us forward but Moore can't.

Deledio just almost made AA, he's NOT going into the mids this year. Despite all the guesswork from everyone on BF, believe it or not the coach knows a little bit better. He was the reason we had a decent backline for the first time in a decade! Tagging is nothing to do with it.

Dowler can't get a game at the moment, what suggests he's going to be a starting full forward in our side? Who says he'll be better than Griffiths/Post could be? Funny that 'what you have seen' is obviously completely different to what the Hawthorn staff have seen.

Get a clue.

Tuck may have 5 years in him, look at his father, played roughly a billion games, he may not even slow down for a few years. By the time he's gone we could have kids who are 16 years of age at the moment coming into the position.

Gourdis has only played a few games, who know's if he'll even be on the list in another year. It's a joke that you can say he can take us forward but Moore can't.

Deledio just almost made AA, he's NOT going into the mids this year. Despite all the guesswork from everyone on BF, believe it or not the coach knows a little bit better. He was the reason we had a decent backline for the first time in a decade! Tagging is nothing to do with it.

Dowler can't get a game at the moment, what suggests he's going to be a starting full forward in our side? Who says he'll be better than Griffiths/Post could be? Funny that 'what you have seen' is obviously completely different to what the Hawthorn staff have seen.

Get a clue.

Okay - Amcre is up there with one of my favourite posters on this board. He sees players not just based on their performances - looks for upside and tries to pose questions, think about things from different angles.

Must say that I agree with most of what he's said.

If you've watched any of Dave Gourdis at Coburg this year you'd know he's immensely talented. If he doesn't make it, it won't be because of a lack of talent. He's exceptionally quick and athletic, is a very nice build, provides run and carry and has a big left foot. Sure he's young, but he's the kind of kid you've got to throw in the deep end and give games to. Hell, Collingwood were the best side this year, and the two kids holding down their key posts (Brown + Reid) aren't exceptionally experienced.

Tuck added defensive pressure to his game and came a long way this year - but it's not like he reinvented the wheel. He's still an in-and-under clearance player without top line pace and he kicks helicopters. He's got a place in the team for now, but he's one I'd be hoping to replace in the next 2 years.

Deledio was exceptional off a HBF, as you stated - but I think Dimma will throw one of Connors, Deledio or Newman into the midfield next year. I'd be leaning towards Connors. I wouldn't rule out Deledio being thrown into the middle in short bursts to influence the game, but predominately playing as a HBF.

On Dowler - he's shown a bit in a couple of AFL games - but certainly didn't replicate that in the VFL this year. I don't know why - I didn't look at him closely - but wouldn't be looking at him unless we knew what was holding him back and whether we could fix it.

Get a clue.

When did I say Moore can't take us forward?? I think he is a gun but if he plays third tall he will be more valueble....learn to read champ.

Deledio will be HBF/Mid for his career as someone suggested...Goddardesk.

Dowler was pick 6 yet you think he is talentless. One of the main reasons the guy has struggled to develop is because he has not been able to get a gig at senior level due to the fact that Buddy and Roughy patrol the Hawks forward line. Then they tried to turn him into a backman...

He kicked 4 goals in the first half of rnd 22 2009 against the Dons because Roughy and Buddy were not playing and he was the focus. I honestly think for a PSD draft pick it is worth picking up a guy who has a huge amount of talent is big and can run most of the day, if it doesn't pay off then all we have lost is a PSD selection (who cares).

Obviously our backline is still speculative but from what we have seen of Gourdis and Astbury they have shown quite a bit in their first season of senior football. Finally we have a FB that actually has some size at 194cm.

Okay - Amcre is up there with one of my favourite posters on this board. He sees players not just based on their performances - looks for upside and tries to pose questions, think about things from different angles.

Must say that I agree with most of what he's said.

If you've watched any of Dave Gourdis at Coburg this year you'd know he's immensely talented. If he doesn't make it, it won't be because of a lack of talent. He's exceptionally quick and athletic, is a very nice build, provides run and carry and has a big left foot. Sure he's young, but he's the kind of kid you've got to throw in the deep end and give games to. Hell, Collingwood were the best side this year, and the two kids holding down their key posts (Brown + Reid) aren't exceptionally experienced.

Tuck added defensive pressure to his game and came a long way this year - but it's not like he reinvented the wheel. He's still an in-and-under clearance player without top line pace and he kicks helicopters. He's got a place in the team for now, but he's one I'd be hoping to replace in the next 2 years.

Deledio was exceptional off a HBF, as you stated - but I think Dimma will throw one of Connors, Deledio or Newman into the midfield next year. I'd be leaning towards Connors. I wouldn't rule out Deledio being thrown into the middle in short bursts to influence the game, but predominately playing as a HBF.

On Dowler - he's shown a bit in a couple of AFL games - but certainly didn't replicate that in the VFL this year. I don't know why - I didn't look at him closely - but wouldn't be looking at him unless we knew what was holding him back and whether we could fix it.

Thanks TFL!

Agree on the Goo. I believe the reason he didn't go higher was because of the issues you speak of and the only way to fastrack Astbury and Gourdis is to play them as the Pies are doing in a premiership winning side.

Again I agree on Tuck. Love what he gives but if we managed to get another pick around 15 and Caddy slipped I would be hoping he is pushing Tucky out of the side within 18 months. Would be an upgrade on Shane Tuck or even Green as a second rounder for that matter.

Rance is a beauty ill be sick if we trade him

His 21 years old next season
His played 20 games
His a 194 cm player

Riewoldt hadnt shown anything after 20 games either
You do not move on blokes that young that tall who have shown that much unless u get an offer to good to resist

Rance being terrible over his head is a myth his actually a good spoiler and his ground level recovery is good

His kicking is masssssively beat up on here, he misses a target when theirs no option up the ground and everyone bitches and moans while blokes like connors kick the cover off the ball miss open men and crucify the team over and over and everyone gets on here and goes "WOW how good was connors blind turn and baulk"

Rance is the hardest player on our list

Rance puts in more effort than anyone else

Rance in 20 games has shown plenty enough to suggest he will be a good player

LOL @ the clowns saying we should trade him because he doesnt have a position yet... Your talking about him like his been around for 10 years! his a tall strong kid let him develop FFS

Unless an amazing trade offer came up I agree with giving him more time to see if he can do something because I love his hardness. However I have to disagree with you about his overhead ability. He struggles to spoil and is not a great mark. Hopefully Leppa can improve this because he certainly has the build at 194cm and being a tank. I wouldn't mind seeing him play as a tagger or in a Max Rooke/Campbell Brown forward role.

I agree with a fair bit of what you two are saying, I just think you're getting carried away and making some very big assumptions.

Moore's our best back (even though I'm not the biggest fan), this won't change next season so Dimma won't be taking him out of the key spot.

I'll be over the moon if Gourdis lives up to his insanely big BF reputation. I've been craving a reliable full back for a long, long time. My point here is that he's shown nowhere near enough after years on our list to convincingly suggest that he's the future of that position.

I believe Lids will run through the midfield here and there, but next year he's primarily a backman again. There is no doubting that.

I don't think Dowler is talentless, it's just much the same as Gourdis, nowhere near proven.

Good banter :)

Tuck is not the future hence why I named him as depth, probably harsh.
Totally disagree on Tuck decision. Dunno if you actually watch Richmond play. When Tuck was left out of the side for the first 2 rounds it was evident there was a huge hole in the midfield. He is a strong body which protects the kids ands aids them by winning the ball, giving a quality option and will always be there to help a mate out.

He was the key in having one of the strongest midfields in the league this season his presence is second to none and I think, structually and influntially, he is our MVP. Having him in the middle allows Hardwick to play Lids off HB and when Axel is fit it will allow Bling (if he is still around) to play in BP or on either flank.

What people may forget is that he was a late bloomer which usually means he can play longer, his body will be less likely to 'burn out' due to the fact he was given more time to devalop. He is also very solid and I don't recall him ever having a serious injury which will also help his cause. If his dad is anything to go by he could have another 5 seasons in him he is 28 which sounds kinda old, but his dad was still playing decent footy at 37-38 before retiering.

Look no further than James McDonald who was forced to retire by Melbourne at 34 even though he was playing good footy (there are rumours Carlton are trying to pick him up because they are likely to lose Grigg to GC or Richmond).

Tuck is a gun and there is nothing from stopping him being involved in our succesful era if it is to happen in the next 3-5 years.

Edit: Appologise for stupid iPhone keypad/autospell.

He was the key in having one of the strongest midfields in the league this season his presence is second to none and I think, structually and influntially, he is our MVP.

Drugs are bad.

Tuck is a gun and there is nothing from stopping him being involved in our succesful era if it is to happen in the next 3-5 years.

Tuck is far from a "gun". Deledio is a gun, Tuck is not. If he's a gun why did no one want him last year when he was up for trade? Not even for a late pick? Get some perspective. Tuck is an accumulator with little footy smarts who shovels out the ball and has ordinary disposal. If we're to have a successful era in the next 3-5 years he should and will be phased out. Add Jackson to that list too.

Yeah love his work I am just saying his 29 and footy is alot different since his old man played. Noadays the game is about pace and footskills, two things which he lacks, which is why I think he will be upgraded on sometime soon.

I do not doubt though that contested footy is still also equally important as the other two aspects, however surely the RFC match committee will be looking for someone like a Joshy Caddy who is a more modern day Shane Tuck.

Love Tucky however and if he can still produce what he has been and play until his 35 and be a part of our next premiership side that would be great. I think however eventually his deficiencies will push him out of the side because guys like Martin and Cotchin and Foley will do the ball winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance of happening I would think but apparently a rumor on SEN was Tambling plus draft pick to West Coast for Luke Shuey.
Where do I sign
Was that this morning at around 9.30am? Denham basically laughed at it. So did I. Just another knob caller being an idiot on that station.

Was that this morning at around 9.30am? Denham basically laughed at it. So did I. Just another knob caller being an idiot on that station.

Wouldnt have a clue, didn't hear it, and it's no chance unless he demanded to be traded the Eagles rate him very highly.

Daniel Connors observed 1 hour ago boarding a Virgin flight to Perth......wonder if anything is going on there?????? Any news other than me seeing him boarding the flight to Perth? Any sniffs from West Coast or Freo???

Daniel Connors observed 1 hour ago boarding a Virgin flight to Perth......wonder if anything is going on there?????? Any news other than me seeing him boarding the flight to Perth? Any sniffs from West Coast or Freo???
mate's 21st

lets pump it along tigerheads, we need to break the 100 thou mark in views for a thread before the trade dead line...BTW mods, why not merge the other trade rumor thread with this one so we can call the guiness book of records and tell them to be ready. ;)

Apparently Greg Denham on SEN today mentioned Tambling to the Eagles for Shuey and a pick.

I know he's not seen as a reliable source, but how good would that be.

I'd almost take a straight swap - Shuey is gonna be a gun.

Thanks Tugga, puts that theory to bed.

did they send a minder, just in case he needs a thump to get him into line? ;)
Nah I was just joking. Wouldn't have a clue. But this is a rumour/innuendo thread.:D
Although it wasn't deliberate, it does prove that you can say anything and it can be believed.
I wouldn't read too much into it. He's probably just going away to see friends or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back