Not open for further replies.
Needs :
1. Forward - Back swingman
2. Ruckman with some experience who can pinch hit forward
3. Outside goal kicking mids !

Those rumoured who fit the bill !
1. Everitt
2. Mitch Clarke
3. Sherman ( appears best on offer via trade )

Excess whom can be traded .
1. Mid sized defenders
2. Smalls who pinch hit through mid field
3. Purely harder bodied Inside Mids / Taggers

Who should be put up !
1. McGuanne And Thursty
2. White or Nahas may have some value and ended season behind 1st year players Nason, Webberly and Hicks
3. Thompson , Polo , Hislop

Can't understand the floating of Tambling we need outside mids who have some experience and from those being floated around he is still the best being floated ??

If we could get Everitt, Clarke and Sherman for Thompson, Hislop, Polo, Nahas , White and McGuanne , I'd be wrapped . We pick up 3 who arguably would
walk straight into our best side and would off load 6 blokes who appear to have reached their peak whilst at our club as we have others infront of them !

Oh and forget about Hawkins or Blake , Post next season should go ahead of Hawkins in that 3rd forward pinch hit ruckman role and if Browne and Vickery should be in front of Blake if they are ever going to make it !!

Needs :
1. Forward - Back swingman
2. Ruckman with some experience who can pinch hit forward
3. Outside goal kicking mids !

Those rumoured who fit the bill !
1. Everitt
2. Mitch Clarke
3. Sherman ( appears best on offer via trade )

Excess whom can be traded .
1. Mid sized defenders
2. Smalls who pinch hit through mid field
3. Purely harder bodied Inside Mids / Taggers

Who should be put up !
1. McGuanne And Thursty
2. White or Nahas may have some value and ended season behind 1st year players Nason, Webberly and Hicks
3. Thompson , Polo , Hislop

Can't understand the floating of Tambling we need outside mids who have some experience and from those being floated around he is still the best being floated ??

If we could get Everitt, Clarke and Sherman for Thompson, Hislop, Polo, Nahas , White and McGuanne , I'd be wrapped . We pick up 3 who arguably would
walk straight into our best side and would off load 6 blokes who appear to have reached their peak whilst at our club as we have others infront of them !

Oh and forget about Hawkins or Blake , Post next season should go ahead of Hawkins in that 3rd forward pinch hit ruckman role and if Browne and Vickery should be in front of Blake if they are ever going to make it !!

This is ridiculous. You have to get real. Everitt is a first round pick with talent, Clarke is a AA ruckman and top 10 pick, Sherman is decent player who dominated in 09 but was quite this year and you want to secure all of them for Polo (hack), Nahas (too small with no skill), White (hack & limited player), Hislop and Thompson (who will be delisted) and McGuane who could fetch around pick 25.

Brisbane would want a pick inside the top 10 for Clarke.

Everitt is worth a pick in the 20's

Sherman 28-40

You can't offer up guys who should be delisted and expect to bring in gun players into your club.

This is ridiculous. You have to get real. Everitt is a first round pick with talent, Clarke is a AA ruckman and top 10 pick, Sherman is decent player who dominated in 09 but was quite this year and you want to secure all of them for Polo (hack), Nahas (too small with no skill), White (hack & limited player), Hislop and Thompson (who will be delisted) and McGuane who could fetch around pick 25.

Brisbane would want a pick inside the top 10 for Clarke.

Everitt is worth a pick in the 20's

Sherman 28-40

You can't offer up guys who should be delisted and expect to bring in gun players into your club.

Fair assessment but JON , Sarge , Patto are all examples that others sometimes rate players higher than we do.
Also why enter into a trade if we can't improve a deficiency ?

Jon was rookied.

Patto was redrafted in the 70's.

The Sarge was swapped for a fringe Port player who wanted to leave and a pick in the 70's.

To be honest that is a different kettle of fish to what you are suggesting.

In order to secure Clarke and Everitt...Polo would have to go to Essendon for pick 10 and Thompson to St Kilda for a pick in the 20's. Now do you understand how unrealistic your suggestion was.

To get quality like Clarke we would have to give up Foley. Everitt for Tambling. Vezpremi for Thursfield.

Imo that would improve weaknesses position wise.

Jon was rookied.

The Sarge was swapped for a fringe Port player who wanted to leave and a pick in the 70's.

In order to secure Clarke and Everitt...Polo would have to go to Essendon for pick 10 and Thompson to St Kilda for a pick in the 20's. Now do you understand how unrealistic your suggestion was.

To get quality like Clarke we would have to give up Foley. Everitt for Tambling. Vezpremi for Thursfield.

Maybe an off field incident has decreased his value ?
Don't forget they took on Raines ?
McGuanne , Nahas , Hislop ,Thompson and maybe a 3rd rounder- Clarke and Sherman
Thursty and Polo - Everitt
If players won't out it's in the clubs best interest to take the best offer ?

LOL!!!

And if I could trade my $5 note I have here for a $100 note I'd be wrapt too!!!!

But it's not going to happen :cool:

Jon was rookied.

i would do every one of these trades in a minute .... clarke is a perfect fit for richmond and we should do everything possible to extract him from voss's clutches

Fair assessment but JON , Sarge , Patto are all examples that others sometimes rate players higher than we do.
Also why enter into a trade if we can't improve a deficiency ?

There's improving a deficiency, and then there's being plain disrespectful to other clubs.

Using money I'll give you an example.

Here, take my three $5 notes for your one $50 note.

Teams don't want quantity if they are giving up quality!!

There's improving a deficiency, and then there's being plain disrespectful to other clubs.

Correct and to give a more real life example.

Houli & Thompson to Bendigo Bombers for 50% off their canteen. Lets play hard ball and go for 50%, but I would be more than happy with 20%.

Hey if someone has a shotgun at your head saying they are going to take the $50 and give you $5, would you argue with them ?
Everitt and Sherman want out and Clarke may be offered !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey if someone has a shotgun at your head saying they are going to take the $50 and give you $5, would you argue with them ?

You may have a point. The only way I can see that deal going through is if Dimma does in fact take a shot gun to the trade table. However I think Voss could probably take a few shells and would get back up circa 2002 GF post Scott Burns hit. So even with a shotgun I doubt we could get it done...

Thankfully the AFL have placed a ban on shotguns being used as bargaining tools since the 2007 McMahon/Pick 19 debacle.

Re: Rumour and innuendo

Hopeful of the following situations draft & trade wise:

Tambling to a club securing between pick 15-22
Thursfield as a direct swap for Vezpremi
McGuane + Tambling pick (say 20) to GC for pick 13

Pick 6: Heppell
Pick 13: Caddy
Pick 28: Luke Mitchell
Next pick: Myells Sewell (would slot straight into 22)
PSD: Beau Dowler

Would see us line up like:

Newman Gourdis Moore

Heppell Astbury Newman

Deledio Cotchin Morton

Taylor Griffiths Vezpremi

Riewoldt Dowler Collins

Graham Foley Martin

Connors, Sewell, Edwards, Post

Emg/Depth: Caddy, Tuck, Nason, Vickery, Webberley, Farmer

Newman Gourdis Moore

Heppell Astbury Newman

Deledio Cotchin Morton

Riewoldt Dowler Collins

Graham Foley Martin

Oh I see you're in to genetic engineering now amcre? ;)

Newman Gourdis Moore

Heppell Astbury Newman

Deledio Cotchin Morton

Riewoldt Dowler Collins

Graham Foley Martin

Something for Nahas, too...

I also note that Rance is not mentioned in your lineup, or even as depth. Possibly just an oversight, but surely that says something about how vital he is to us and we should send him away to the Hawks for something nice and shiny

Sorry, but I really think Dowler would be an utter waste. Houli PSD instead sounds good.

You think Bribane would take Foley for Clark? (Maybe X Clarke but def. not Mitch Clarke).

Newman Gourdis Moore
Heppell Astbury Newman

Deledio Cotchin Morton

Riewoldt Dowler Collins

Graham Foley Martin

LOL...Just awful. Off the top of my head:
- Newman can't play the same game twice
- I don't care how good Heppell is, he's not taking Connors position
- Coleman medallist being dropped down to forward pocket? Yeah..not going to happen
- Tuck is in out top 5, he's NOT getting kicked out next season
- Moore isn't our 3rd tall back, he's our best tall back!
- Highly doubt Deledio's getting out of the backline

Agree with all these. I would love Caddy. We would need a pick between 8-15 to get it done.

- Coleman medallist being dropped down to forward pocket? Yeah..not going to happen

Yeah, Lids makes top 40 in AA and you have moved him to make way for a kid we don't have yet.... And Connors who looks as though he has turned the corner. Getting a bit carried away....

Newman was a mistake you can throw Connors in to the backline and bring Tuck into the side.

Heppell is a gun HBF and I would expect him to be a big upgrade on Connors.

Tuck is not the future hence why I named him as depth, probably harsh.

For us to go forward Gourdis and Astbury need to play on the top 2 and Moore gives them a chop out as third tall or will get switched onto one if they are getting dominated. If you don't think we need to develop a FB/CHB that is over 189cm then you are delusional.

I think Deledio could stay on the HBF but eventually he will have to move into the midfield if he is to show us his true worth. If you have guys like Heppell, Connors and Newman running it out of the backline there is a lesser need for Deledio as they are all compitent.

With our midfield continuing to develop Deledio would not necessarily be tagged because Cotchin, Martin and Foley are there. I think when we are up and running in a few years he needs to be playing in the middle and be our damaging outside player. I like him at HBF but think that plenty of players can go back there and cover for him, however Deledio should be ablet to step it up a notch in the middle. At the very least he needs to be a swingman.

Riewoldt at FP doesn't mean that he is playing as Stephen Milne moron. Could easily have those three in the forward line and Riewoldt still be a marking option, just have to put them somewhere.

Dowler I think would be another depth swingman, but what I have seen him do at FF means he would fit in well down there.

Rance was not an oversight but he should be in depth players. Can't see where he is going to fit into any side as he doesn't play a position really. Easy to call him a utility but would be even easier to trade him. His overhead ability or lack of, means he cannot play KPD and his decision making and kicking means he cannot play on a HBF or a wing.

Vezpremi would add the dynamic small forward that we need on the HFF to compliment Taylor and Collins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back