Rumour Trade rumour/innuendo/fact/fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Houli IN Tambling OUT

:D. Finally we get rid of the useless hack. He has done nothing but drain the resources of our club. I was a supporter of him until this season. Injuries are no excuse, he is injury-prone and an average player when not injured. Has limited speed from injuries, average footskills, poor strength, poor endurance, and also cant break a tackle/make one. Add to that he has deplorable decision making and panics with the football. These deficiencies would be amplified under finals pressure.

We will get a decent pick for what he is really worth. Houli is worth the risk if he comes very, very cheap. He has good footskills and can play under pressure. Will have a slightly higher chance of success to a very late draft pick or a rookie pick.

Be careful what you wish for....

Guys would you take Houli for nothing? In the PSD?

I think this is a real option for you as it is a win/win for both clubs.

He would add good depth to your list and we really want the bargaining power in the trade period.

If you commit to Houli at PSD Selection 2, we could use this against players looking to return to Victoria who we are desperate for like Mundy and to a lesser extent Salopek. Either their team trades with us or we get their player for free.

I don't think Richmond are after these players anyway especially Mundy as you guys have some gun inside players like Martin etc.

In this instance, both teams win!

:D. Finally we get rid of the useless hack. He has done nothing but drain the resources of our club. I was a supporter of him until this season. Injuries are no excuse, he is injury-prone and an average player when not injured. Has limited speed from injuries, average footskills, poor strength, poor endurance, and also cant break a tackle/make one. Add to that he has deplorable decision making and panics with the football. These deficiencies would be amplified under finals pressure.

We will get a decent pick for what he is really worth. Houli is worth the risk if he comes very, very cheap. He has good footskills and can play under pressure. Will have a slightly higher chance of success to a very late draft pick or a rookie pick.

Once again SG you make another uninformed post obviously not knowing anything about him.

Tambling is the only reason why we have the Indigenous centre at our club.

Lack of strength? Lack of endurance? Can't tackle? but but but he averaged 4.4 tackles in his 13 games he also averaged 12.5 disposals a game playing the HFF where the coach admitted he was being played in the wrong position, couple this with his Compartment Syndrom and both of his hips being operated on and I would say that he has done a fine job this year given his restrictions.

And before you go on a rant about oh but he still walked out onto the field so he has no excuses and why did the MC play him if he was injured?

Compartment Syndrome eats away at the muscles in the calf, and the only way to get over the injury is to just keep running and playing.

So please before you decide to make uniformed posts do some research

Injuries is not Tamblings major problem.

It's a fundamental inability to run to the right spots, when he does have the ball he often runs into traffic or sets his teammates up.

He tackles so often because he is a ball watcher and follows his man in.

He has been a massive failure for your club in the same manner that Des Headland has been for ours.

Had he not been taken at pick 4 he would not have played so many games.

I'd imagine that Hardwick came to the club and started everyone on a clean slate, after seeing what Tambling had to offer over the course of the year up close he has made the decison to cut him.

I sincerely believe Hardwick will lead Richmond out of the darkness.

That hurt.

If, as the article claims, several clubs are chasing Richie, I'd be pushing for a mid to late first round draft pick. Maybe even get the GC involved and see if we can snare one of their pick between 9 & 15. If we were able to get that then I'd offer up our 3rd round pick to get Houli. That way we keep 3 early picks which adds some real talent and also bolster our list. Then I'd try and push Dowler into the PSD or offer up a 4th-5th round pick for him.

Dont ask me to reveal my source because i wont, so you just have to say i made it up and leave it at that,

David Mundy had been offered 750k in a front ended contract by us, 3 years in total, adding up to 1.6mil, he wants to be back in victoria and Essendon have offerred him 600k for his first year then his total being around the same figure 1.5 to 1.6 mil, its up to which club can satisfy freo the best.

Rance has Been thrown up expect a 3 way deal to be involved which ever club is involved.

Hawthorn has enquired on Rance again,

Tambling has been seriously courted by the lions Jade Rawliings absolutely loves him, Sherman has been mentioned as well as there 2nd pick weather its both or either i dont know.

MacGuane has been courted by the Suns and a pick from 15 or less has been mentioned,

Polo has been sought out by sydney dont expect much in return.

also expect us to be seriously trading for picks in the top 20 and we are going all out for west coasts pick 4, a big name player has been offerred. Jack delideo cotch and martin are the only untouchables.

pick 6 will not be traded under any circumstances and until 2 weeks ago had Heppel done and dusted, quietly rejoicing believing they got away with picking a future superstar, now its apparent he wont even get past pick 5, Francis Jackson has been tabbing him for 3 years.

Chris Knights almost signed aheads of agreement with us, still trying but looks very unlikely now.

We have our sights on drafting a darkhorse late in the Draft, we have kept him hidden.
Going to be a totally different looking side next year if all that comes off. Interested to know if your source has anything to say about the report in the Australian saying that we're heavily into Houli, with Tambling possibly going the other way.

The McGuane deal I'd take but at the same time wouldn't be overly fussed if we kept him either.

I'd seriously consider offering up Foley & Jackson to WC for pick 4. Foley has hardly played for 18 months and Jackson would add some grunt to WC midfield.

Mundy is the interesting one, while I wouldn't mind adding him to the list, I'm not sure Rance and say pick 28 is going to be enough to get the deal done. Wonder if Freo would take Rance, Tambling and our second round pick with Mundy and their first round pick coming the other way. Freo have opened their window so to speak, adding a couple of players who could help keep that window open might just do the trick.

Regardless its going to be an interesting first week in October, glad I'm on annual leave.

I was under the impression that Tambling was paid by the club to play football.

He has played only decent football in the later part of 2009.

He has been in the system for 6 years and under performed for the majority of that time.

As for being the main reason that the Indigenous centre is at our club it is irrelevant; he is paid to play football not be an ambassador.

I don't think Richmond are after these players anyway especially Mundy as you guys have some gun inside players like Martin etc.
In this instance, both teams win!

Mundy would get a good get for Tigers but I think if he comes to Vic then he'll play with the Bombers. You need him more and you have the $.
Houli would be ok. We need good skilled players. I would think Tamblings worth is higher than Houli's.
Can't see it being a straight swap.

Wow...that came out of left field,

Us offering richie for a trade, The grandstand at punt road is in danger.

Esssendon doing a swap, thats almost as good as either hird or suminch for coach.....lol

I hope we don't, but i have heard from within the club that we are going to put Post on the trade table

Doesn't make too much sense.
Why offload a developing KP palyer for what would be a very late pick - no thanks.
His value will rise three fold in 2 to 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is a question. Has there been a trade of a player from WC or Freo to an other club that has been a resounding success???

Even Judd has not reached previous heights.

IMO the extra space on their oval inflates the flair of the players as the opposition teams defense side is reduced due to expansive ground.

Players from the WA clubs simply cannot be evaluated on equal terms not to mention the Sandilands factor.

If we get Mundy it will send us backwards again IMO no doubt and cripple our premiership hopes.

Our premiership hopes are around Martin, Cotch and JR with the aid of Lids, Mundy simply doesn't fit into the program. In six years, Lids, Martin , Cotch and JR will be going strong and Mundy will be to old.

I really think our fab four will embarrass Mundy if he comes to us and we will have to trade Mundy off due to the scrutiny of a stuff up

If this deal is for real then surely it won't just be a swap. It will likely have other concessions attached i.e. + essendons 2nd or 3rd round pick.

The more I think of this I can't help thinking how beneficial our last essendon trade (Hislop) has been.

For what it's worth Tambling is still required in my books, especially when you look at other blokes we have on our list (Polo, Hislop, Muffin, Thomson etc......). Perhaps the club can see this as it's best opportunity to get some value for him, but Houli???:eek:???

With Ritchie on the table that makes it 9 gone this year instead of 8. And so the clean out continues ....... I love Hardwick.

Tambling can win a Brownlow for the Bombers in 2015 and I couldn't care. He has never done anything in a Richmond jumper. Let's just get something for him while we can . I'd be surprised if we can get anything for him considering the season he has had with injuries and being useless.

I've never seen a player that just does not want to be where the ball is like Ritchie. So frustrating to watch from the stands.

exactly, Unless pick 8 is thrown in our way it isn't worth the effort

Please. Any pick under 50 would be worth it. They could trade us one of their old property stewards and I'd do the deal. Please explain to me what Tambling has contributed over 6 years. 10 games of footy is all.

If somebody is worth little you wait to trade when the stocks rise like Mundy.

Mundy is a bad trade for the Tigers.

Trading Tambling away is a bad trade for the Tigers.

I get the feeling some of these posts are being triggered by trolls.

If the Tigers were doing as some suggest they would be bankrupt within 2 years like Brisbane are heading courtesy of the trades and contracts they have organised..

Get a grip people. Who said anything about a direct swap? Houli will come cheap, and will be a very damaging footballer when used correctly. Also the word I'm hearing is we are VERY serious into Mundy. Tambling may be our trump card to get this deal done. Otherwise he'll more than likely stay a Tiger. Calls for burning down punt road.....please, Hardwick didn't come from mars, I'd back his judgement over any of you, any day of the week.

As much as I don't want to see Tambling traded it may be the best option for both parties - however he should not be let go for a deal involving Houli and not to the Bombers.

If he's going to go somewhere I hope its to the West or to a good club where he'll have an opportunity to put his best foot forward.

St Kilda's first rounder would give us a reasonable pick and Tambling a shot at playing in a successful side.

On Houli - only if he is for free and even then i'd be thinking long and hard about it.

Get a grip people. Who said anything about a direct swap? Houli will come cheap, and will be a very damaging footballer when used correctly. Also the word I'm hearing is we are VERY serious into Mundy. Tambling may be our trump card to get this deal done. Otherwise he'll more than likely stay a Tiger. Calls for burning down punt road.....please, Hardwick didn't come from mars, I'd back his judgement over any of you, any day of the week.

Fair enough Cotch. Tambling (and a pick) for Mundy would probably be good. Tambling suits Subiaco and Mundy will suit our style of play. Also similar age which will help us out long term. Would also be good for Richie to get out of Melbourne and the shadow of Buddy.

Well it is not about opinions but track record.

If we get Mundy for the price people are suggesting we will be waiting a good while for a premiership. It may mean we have to start another rebuild in 6 years.

It this gets done this is the way I confidently see it, and if Richmond fails to become a genuine contender in the next 6 years others will see it as well eventually. I will have said told you so. I am happy to not run away from my comments !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back