Rumour Trade rumour/innuendo/fact/fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope your wrong Mr Magic not a good trade and don't see you getting pick 8.

My cousins follow Richmond and I attend a'lot of your game's since my club play's interstate being the lion's,Grown fond of this talented group premiership won't come cheap but you need another tall forward first to take the pressure of Riewoldt.Is Griffith's that answer?and do you rule Mikinley out of the equation?

Re: Houli IN Tambling OUT

Man, I cannot beleive all the negativeness about Mundy and how a potential trade move will set us backwards. What an absolute crock of kaka this is. Surely a player of his calibre at only 25 years of age will add valuable experience to our young midfield brigade. Our club should somehow utilise Tambling and/or draft pick or player to secure Mundy's services.

Hope your wrong Mr Magic not a good trade and don't see you getting pick 8.

My cousins follow Richmond and I attend a'lot of your game's since my club play's interstate being the lion's,Grown fond of this talented group premiership won't come cheap but you need another tall forward first to take the pressure of Riewoldt.Is Griffith's that answer?and do you rule Mikinley out of the equation?

No way would Tambling for Houli and pick 8 go through.

If Post is on the trade table I would be dissapointed unless it was a really good deal.

McKinley is not a tall forward (185cm I think) and he is definitley not the answe.

Mundy would definitley add to our midfield and suggesting he wouldn't is a ridiculous comment. The guy dominated this year and was very close to AA.

I wouldn't think our side will take 6 years to peak either. I think we are looking at a 4-5 year period, which will mean Mundy will be 29/30 and Lids will be the same. Since when do AFL players ecspecially midfielders stop being of value when they are 30 and what about the years leading up to then. Now I only want Mundy if the deal is good but to say he is not going to add to our midfield and kill our premiership hopes is ridiculous.

Deledio, Cotchin, Martin, Foley, Atley(pick 6), Mundy, Edwards, Morton is a good midfield and one that should see us going places in 3-4 years with our forward line, rucks and backline developed.

I have nothing against Hardwick, in fact I think, he has done very well this year.

The problems I have which aren't necessarily of his own making.

He has a 3 year deal and Gales statements about getting to the finals quickly concern me.

In my opinion the heiarchy may be massively understating the task of bringing a club with little talent a few years back to a premiership force. It takes at least 5 years and more likely 10-15 years due to the number of teams in the competition to bring a club from the ashes to a premiership force IMO.

My fear is Hardwick may have been set unrealistic goals by the heirachy which will ultimately cripple Richmonds long term chances of a premiership. The heirachy agenda may not be goal congruent with the ultimate goal of a premiership

If I was the boss, hypothetically, I would be saying to Hardwick, you have a 4 year extension, In 6 years time we have to make the top 3 , If we do you get a 2 million bonus and a extension with higher base salary, up until then you get a base salary a lower than the typical coaches pay , which IMO, is too high, So his longer secure contract term with more flexibility to cultivae a successful team is offset by a lower price wage initially. I truely, do not think it is in Richmonds to be chasing finals in the next two years when at the end of the day we all want, and the only thing anybody cares about , is premierships!!

The news on Mundy is exciting. Some opposed though! :eek: fingers crossed we get him. He would really fit in with our mids. There is no way that getting him is going to be detremental to our development.

It takes at least 5 years and more likely 10-15 years due to the number of teams in the competition to bring a club from the ashes to a premiership force IMO.

I'm sure mundy will be gone before our true premiership window begins in another 10 years Anyway! errr fail.... stuff waiting for those days. I really think we will be up there with some of the better teams within a few years, say 3 or 4. I'm with hardwick and benny gale. Who else is????:D

Greg Denham on SEN this morning talking about Houli coming to Richmond for a 2nd Round pick. Also mentioned that Tambo to the Bombers is a distinct possibility, either a swap, or separate deal.

Either he knows something, or he's been reading BF.

I have nothing against Hardwick, in fact I think, he has done very well this year.

The problems I have which aren't necessarily of his own making.

He has a 3 year deal and Gales statements about getting to the finals quickly concern me.

In my opinion the heiarchy may be massively understating the task of bringing a club with little talent a few years back to a premiership force. It takes at least 5 years and more likely 10-15 years due to the number of teams in the competition to bring a club from the ashes to a premiership force IMO.

My fear is Hardwick may have been set unrealistic goals by the heirachy which will ultimately cripple Richmonds long term chances of a premiership. The heirachy agenda may not be goal congruent with the ultimate goal of a premiership

If I was the boss, hypothetically, I would be saying to Hardwick, you have a 4 year extension, In 6 years time we have to make the top 3 , If we do you get a 2 million bonus and a extension with higher base salary, up until then you get a base salary a lower than the typical coaches pay , which IMO, is too high, So his longer secure contract term with more flexibility to cultivae a successful team is offset by a lower price wage initially. I truely, do not think it is in Richmonds to be chasing finals in the next two years when at the end of the day we all want, and the only thing anybody cares about , is premierships!!

Hardwick has three years to deliver the "blueprint for success". He has used this term a number of times.

Going by this he will not be judged on, or pressured into delivering unrealistic expectations in terms of on field success in this time frame.

To start talking about long term extensions of his contract is ludicrous. Wait until his current contract is up and judge him on whether he has indeed delivered the blueprint, or transformation of the club, he has spoken about.

We could easily be playing finals in the next 2 to 3 years. Playing finals is a lot different to being a premiership chance as the bottom 4 in the eight are generally just making up the numbers. Gale's plans of getting to finals quickly is not that unrealistic at all as you only need to be a middle of the road side to achieve this. Very few teams suddenly jump from being crap to being a contender. Normally its a progression you need to climb from being crap to middle of the road and then onto success, providing you don't fall along the way.

So now, Mr Magic, we are looking at 10 to 15 years to become a premiership chance?

So, how many players on our list now fall into your requirement that they be around for this tilt at the title using this time frame?

What happened to 6 years being our premiership time frame? Your crystal ball change it's mind?

....and I was going to see if i could lay a bet on winning the premiership in 216.

Greg Denham on SEN this morning talking about Houli coming to Richmond for a 2nd Round pick. Also mentioned that Tambo to the Bombers is a distinct possibility, either a swap, or separate deal.

Definitely the latter :rolleyes:

2nd round, what is he thinking?

Here is a question. Has there been a trade of a player from WC or Freo to an other club that has been a resounding success???

Even Judd has not reached previous heights.

IMO the extra space on their oval inflates the flair of the players as the opposition teams defense side is reduced due to expansive ground.

Players from the WA clubs simply cannot be evaluated on equal terms not to mention the Sandilands factor.

If we get Mundy it will send us backwards again IMO no doubt and cripple our premiership hopes.

Our premiership hopes are around Martin, Cotch and JR with the aid of Lids, Mundy simply doesn't fit into the program. In six years, Lids, Martin , Cotch and JR will be going strong and Mundy will be to old.

I really think our fab four will embarrass Mundy if he comes to us and we will have to trade Mundy off due to the scrutiny of a stuff up
Mitch Morton

I truely, do not think it is in Richmonds to be chasing finals in the next two years when at the end of the day we all want, and the only thing anybody cares about , is premierships!!

Magic I hear your concerns. You're right that the primary concern for the RFC should be a premiership but are we really that far away from it that Mundy would set us back?

In 4 years time Mundy will be 29 at the same stage that the following will be:

Moore: 30 yo
Foley: 29
Jackson: 28
Thursfield: 28
Deledio: 27 yo
Morton: 27
Graham: 27
McGuane: 27
White: 27
Connors: 26
Edwards: 26
O'reilly: 26
Riewoldt: 25
Cotchin: 24
Rance: 24
Vickery: 24
Nason: 24
Gourdis: 24
Farmer: 24
Martin: 23
Astbury: 23
Griffiths: 23
Grimes: 23
Taylor: 23

2014 that is right in the middle of our premiership window if this group of players and the next lot of draft picks are up to it. Which means that we would want to be playing finals in 2012, 2013.

With the guys in bold pretty much being guaranteed A graders or close to in 2014 plus the emergence of a couple of other possible top quality players such as: Morton, Connors, Astbury, Griffiths and a couple of reasonble high draft picks in the next 3 years its not if we play finals or challenge for top 4 its when. Add Mundy to the list of A graders/potential All Australians and that is a good list at a good stage of development.

Do you actually believe what you type out RT?

If, as the article claims, several clubs are chasing Richie, I'd be pushing for a mid to late first round draft pick. Maybe even get the GC involved and see if we can snare one of their pick between 9 & 15.

You can push all you want but you wouldn't get it unless the other club is mentally handicapped.

If we were able to get that then I'd offer up our 3rd round pick to get Houli. That way we keep 3 early picks which adds some real talent and also bolster our list.

Another Essendon discard? "oh, he just wasn't getting a shot", "he's a gun bla bla". If that's what you want to believe, just like Thomson and Hislop. Yeah.....if he was good enough he would've made their best 22 conistently and they would be making a big effort to keep him. Not good enough for them not good enough us. Forget rubbish like this.

Then I'd try and push Dowler into the PSD or offer up a 4th-5th round pick for him.

lol. More rubbish.

Adding crap to more crap doesn't make it good. "Oh they will be good depth players". Pretty much another way of saying they will be list cloggers.

According to http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-dons-midfielder/story-e6frg7mf-1225924289184

DONT WANT HOULI

HAPPY TO SEE TAMBLING GO

PLEASE GOD NOT HOULI, ENOUGH OF THESE SPUDS !!!

Why was this thread moved so quick? Really this is taking this clean up way to far. Its current news reported in two separate papers today and now its been buried in with other posts.

It should be allowed to be on its own for at least 24 hours, them move it. Over moderation at its finest.

That said, this
The outside midfielder has attracted first-year Richmond coach Damien Hardwick's attention with his foot skills and ability to accumulate possessions, particularly against strong opposition.

and this caught my attention.

Richard Tambling's future at Punt Road appears all but over following interest from several clubs, including Essendon.

Tambling, 24, is contracted for another two years, but it is believed the Tigers are amenable to a trade.

Maybe Tambo and our 4th pick for Houli and the Bombers 3rd pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it were up to me, I would just continue the way we went in last year's draft. If there's a need to swap a like-player for a like-player (ie Schulz for Farmer) then fine, but keep all our picks.
Even though we had a poor season, it was satisfying watching all our draftees coming on and getting games.

Why was this thread moved so quick? Really this is taking this clean up way to far. Its current news reported in two separate papers today and now its been buried in with other posts.

It should be allowed to be on its own for at least 24 hours, them move it. Over moderation at its finest.

Agree Baz. There has been a fair bit of over moderation lately. For us this is trade/draft time in full swing. Some of these threads deserve their own space for a while.

i wouldn't be happy to give up a 2nd round pick for houli. late round or psd. unless they want to do a tambling + our 2nd round (pick 29) for houli + their 1st round (pick 8). that i would do. haha.

Just read on freo's board that mundy is announcing (apparently) a return to victoria sometime today.. anyone else heard anything more on this?:D

Tambling for a pick in the early 30's iin a draft where GC have already taken 8 or so of the top 30 last year is not worth it. Essentially in a normal draft that's Tambling for pick 40! Doesn't take a genius to work out that that isn't a good trade on face value.

I would love to we Houli in in Yellow and Black, has played some ripping games and has never been given a proper chance by knights. Sheedy seam to have quite a shine to him and my try take him to GWS. If we do t move on a player or 2 be may be surplas to requierments do to the depth we have in the middle.

I think we should try bring in Mitch Clark, straight swap for Axel, this my get a few ppl angry but I don't think he will ever be as good as he was and with the loss of Riscittelli I'm sure the may be interested posiblly offer Browne as a deal sweetener.

Also thoughts on 'traid bait'? I think if we can get the right offers we should look at moving on Nahas, Thurstfeild, Axel, Bling, Morton and Polo who could all potentially offer something to another side.

No chance we should move Morton. He is making the wing his own. The guy has just turned it around and shown he has the right mind set...why get rid of him??

Axel you would get no where near what he is really worth so no point in trading him.

The rest are probably delist ability except for THursfield/McGuane...

I think we should try bring in Mitch Clark, straight swap for Axel, this my get a few ppl angry but I don't think he will ever be as good as he was and with the loss of Riscittelli I'm sure the may be interested posiblly offer Browne as a deal sweetener.

are u serious? people are forgettin how good foley is, go back and watch tigers v hawks this year. i watched it last night and foley is a gun, was the player getting tagged and enabling cotchin and martin to run around. while still gettinn tagged was a clearence machine.

There is no ****ing way Morton is trade bait. Absolutely none. Finished the year giving us every indication that he could be around an A grader one day. Definite A grader when he's on song so we wouldn't be given enough for him.

Hardwick has three years to deliver the "blueprint for success". He has used this term a number of times.

Going by this he will not be judged on, or pressured into delivering unrealistic expectations in terms of on field success in this time frame.

To start talking about long term extensions of his contract is ludicrous. Wait until his current contract is up and judge him on whether he has indeed delivered the blueprint, or transformation of the club, he has spoken about.

We could easily be playing finals in the next 2 to 3 years. Playing finals is a lot different to being a premiership chance as the bottom 4 in the eight are generally just making up the numbers. Gale's plans of getting to finals quickly is not that unrealistic at all as you only need to be a middle of the road side to achieve this. Very few teams suddenly jump from being crap to being a contender. Normally its a progression you need to climb from being crap to middle of the road and then onto success, providing you don't fall along the way.

So now, Mr Magic, we are looking at 10 to 15 years to become a premiership chance?

So, how many players on our list now fall into your requirement that they be around for this tilt at the title using this time frame?

What happened to 6 years being our premiership time frame? Your crystal ball change it's mind?

....and I was going to see if i could lay a bet on winning the premiership in 216.

Call Me Al, my 6 year time frame is still there for Richmond. It will be extended out if we get Mundy because it will make it more difficult for us to get the required draft picks.

10-15 years is a general timeframe for most clubs. This is actual optimistic as shortly we have 18 teams. Simple maths. Our window has been reduced because the majority of our team is young and developing plus our fab four are young.

In regard to 'blueprint for success' that is a wishy washy unmeasurable objective which is no help to anyone. If anything it suggests a get out clause for the heirarchy to protect the nest so if something goes wrong , sack the coach , because' we aren't happy with the blueprint'.

You said it yourself, you can be medicore to make the finals. Setting mediocre goals is a pointless exercise and is not doing justice to the fans passion and the clubs survival IMO.

'Playing finals is a lot different to being a premiership chance as' you say.

So I would like a real goal put forward and say top 3 by end of 2016 or you get the boot. I think thats far for everybody including the fans and hope will carry the fans a long way in the next three years or so plus watch Lids, Martin, Cotch, JR and others carve out their magic

personally i believe all early picks must go on the nd.
we really need to be looking at getting another pick somewhere around 15 thru 25. this should be our priority if we trade it should be for a pick around here.

while out of the junior loop ive seen and heard enough to know some very good prospects will be available around these picks.kids like hallahan jacobs darling are all highly rated. and likely available.

when one thinks about it the nd for us is not that far of a normal draft. who would not be happy with pick 6 every yr. pick 29 is only 8 or 9 spots removed from what we would have got in a normal draft.
gain a pick somewhere between 6 and 29 and the draft becomes almost normal.

lets say we trade into pick 19 our draft would virtually become rnd 1 pick 6. rnd 2 pick 19. rnd 3 pick 29. rnd 4 pick 46. rnd 5 pick 63. rnd 6 pick 80. not to dissimilar from last yr. in fact unlike last yr it would contain 3 picks inside the top 30 if we were to do this.
from what i can gather if an uncompromised draft it would be one of the strongest ever even compromised it seems it has plenty of depth.

in reality hardwick is in just yr two of rebuild we are very likely to be bottom 4 again next yr common sense says we have not completed the cleanout even. we need to put in place many of the long term building blocks.
youth thru early nd picks really must remain the focus for now.
if we can do a player for player trade ie schulz /farmer so be it. if we can pick up a decent mature player thru the psd so be it. if we can rookie a mature type so be it the primary role must remain build thru the nd maximising our early picks.
its amazing so many people can just fob off the fact we have had one yr of clean out and one yr of hardwick. why does common sense get thrown out the window people only have to look at other clubs to see how long in the main it takes to build and make no mistake we are building from rock bottom.

are u serious? people are forgettin how good foley is, go back and watch tigers v hawks this year. i watched it last night and foley is a gun, was the player getting tagged and enabling cotchin and martin to run around. while still gettinn tagged was a clearence machine.
There is no doubt he is a top notch player but he could do a Coughlan. The midfield at the moment is as strong ilad it has been in a long time and that is without Foley. If we bring in Clark who has fallen down the pecking order at Brisbane who have 3 VG ruckmen in thier ranks. This is not completly out of the picture.

Imagin a midfield of:
Cotchin, Newman, Tuck
Clark, Martin, Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back