Rumour Trade rumour/innuendo/fact/fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Houli IN Tambling OUT

Why was this thread moved so quick? Really this is taking this clean up way to far. Its current news reported in two separate papers today and now its been buried in with other posts.

It should be allowed to be on its own for at least 24 hours, them move it. Over moderation at its finest.

Yep. Hate sifting through all the other stuff to read about the topic I am interested in. Let a new thread have a little time to breath before throwing it in here.

If we deal Tambling this off-season, I will be filthy with the club. Worst possible time to trade him. He's contracted, he's happy at the club, he's coming off a poor season due to injury...we would get nothing of value back and would probably have to watch as he blossoms at his new club. If we deal him, I will start to have serious doubts that we'll ever get out of the hole we've been in for my living memory.

Ditto Foley.

people no wonder we been f_ _ _ _ _ for 30 years what r u talken about , take mundy in a flash chuck in tabo white i can keep going rance , jackson is crap ) keep going nahas thursfield keep going polo. some more . mundy please :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Re: Houli IN Tambling OUT

Do you actually believe what you type out RT?

You can push all you want but you wouldn't get it unless the other club is mentally handicapped.
I'm not asking for a top 10 pick for Tambling but a pick somewhere in the 11-26 range is what we should be pushing for, especially given Richie is still contracted.

Another Essendon discard? "oh, he just wasn't getting a shot", "he's a gun bla bla". If that's what you want to believe, just like Thomson and Hislop. Yeah.....if he was good enough he would've made their best 22 conistently and they would be making a big effort to keep him. Not good enough for them not good enough us. Forget rubbish like this.
I never said that Houli is a gun, what I did do is suggest that he is a kid that if given a decent crack at it could become a handy foot soldier. To me Houli is like Connors, just needs a decent crack at it to see if he can deliever at this level. Looking at his career numbers its fair to say that he can. Has averaged 20 disposals a game in his last 22 games(18.9 for his career). So obviously the kid has some ability. Just like Connors this year I reckon all Houli needs is a decent run at it and he'll deliver.

lol. More rubbish.

Adding crap to more crap doesn't make it good. "Oh they will be good depth players". Pretty much another way of saying they will be list cloggers.

For the price of a 5th round pick or even the PSD which is equal to a pick in the 7th -9th round of the draft getting a former top 10 pick who couldn't get past Franklin and Roughead for a game is worthwhile. Hell even if we rookie listed him, it would still be worth the cost for a player who has 4-5 years in the system and would be hungry to show that he wasn't a failure.

BTW, not every player we target needs to be of All Australian quality or capable of winning a Brownlow. What we do need is players that are able to play the game. Houli and Dowler have shown on occassions that they both are and for the small price it would cost to get them we're not losing much in going after them.

If we deal Tambling this off-season, I will be filthy with the club. Worst possible time to trade him. He's contracted, he's happy at the club, he's coming off a poor season due to injury...we would get nothing of value back and would probably have to watch as he blossoms at his new club. If we deal him, I will start to have serious doubts that we'll ever get out of the hole we've been in for my living memory.

Ditto Foley.
Let me get this right. If we trade Tambo now, after six seasons of giving us not a lot, we'd then somehow end up remaining in the wilderness we've been in for the past 28 years? Is that correct? The trading of Richard Tambling will have that big an affect will it?

Personally I don't see why we would trade a player who has a top 4 finish in our b&f and who has most of his career in front of him for anything less than pick 25. Can see that he probably would benefit from a fresh start so would be looking at packaging him up with Rance or our second rounder for Mundy or for St Kilda's first pick. Simply if Melbourne can get pick 11 for Brock Mclean in an untampered draft we should be able to get something inside 25 in a draft where 9-12 of the top 30 have already been taken.

Nathan Jones, Richard Tambling, David Mundy, I'm about to pitch a tent...

Grunt, speed and damage! :thumbsu:

Make it HAPPEN!!!

Essendon board getting all excited about trying to get Tambling......haha:D

I'm certainly not.

Jones: tick
Mundy: tick, tick, tick
Tambling: yeah, nah

Mr Magic, just wanted to clear this up cos you did say it.:thumbsdown:

I have nothing against Hardwick, in fact I think, he has done very well this year.

The problems I have which aren't necessarily of his own making.

He has a 3 year deal and Gales statements about getting to the finals quickly concern me.

In my opinion the heiarchy may be massively understating the task of bringing a club with little talent a few years back to a premiership force. It takes at least 5 years and more likely 10-15 years due to the number of teams in the competition to bring a club from the ashes to a premiership force IMO.

i hope ya wrong! ...seeing we went better than expected this year and with another little clean out with some cherries on top (good picks and fingers crossed mundy) we might get to the finals within gales and hardwicks planned time period and have a flag before bloody 2020 - 25!
If not with this mob, we might need to recruit Jesus as coach and pick up some of his diciples in the draft!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jstone it appears you want me to spoon feed you!!! So be it:cool:

I said , as you pointed out,in my opinion the heiarchy may be massively understating the task of bringing a club with little talent a few years back to a premiership force. It takes at least 5 years and more likely 10-15 years due to the number of teams in the competition to bring a club from the ashes to a premiership force IMO.

Let me de-code this for you. To bring a club ( a club- is a general reference not specific to Richmond but pertaining to all clubs in common in the AFL) Let me provide some support. 18 clubs , all can't win at the same time. Law of average, ceritis paribus( all things being equal) therefore each club takes 18 years.

I said in my opinion the heiarchy may be massively understating the task of bringing a club with little talent a few years back to a premiership force. I saw this because even though I have been mentioning 6 years Gale is talking finals at the end of three so maybe he is thinking premiership in 3 years.

How would I know Jstone, I said may, are you a mind reader do you know what is in Gales and the other power brokers minds????:(:rolleyes:

Mario speed wagon. I am a winner in real life and I know.

I couldn't care less what you guys think. I call it as I see it , if you don't like it tough.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you want to listen to people smoking your own joint thats your perogative, but I like differing opinions otherwise we end up su..cking each others you know what and thats not for me!!

Mario if I was a winner in real life do you think I would care about you playing the man?

Let me de-code this for you. To bring a club ( a club- is a general reference not specific to Richmond but pertaining to all clubs in common in the AFL) Let me provide some support. 18 clubs , all can't win at the same time. Law of average, ceritis paribus( all things being equal) therefore each club takes 18 years.

PMSL... No idea what it was all about, but it sounded kinda cool.

people no wonder we been f_ _ _ _ _ for 30 years what r u talken about , take mundy in a flash chuck in tabo white i can keep going rance , jackson is crap ) keep going nahas thursfield keep going polo. some more . mundy please :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yeah this is why we have be ****ed for 30 years because idiot coaches and recruitment staff go after players they believe will get them quick success. Need i remind those supporters of players like rory hilton, kane johnson and nathan brown. They provided little towards us winning a flag but prevented us from obtaining young 10-15 year players.

If we ever want to make it into the top half of the AFL for longer than one season we need to avoid unfavourable trades. We should not be trading any picks unless the resulting trade ends up with a better pick than we started. Also if we trade players we should be trading for similar age or younger players, of a similar skill level. And we should not be trading away any players 21 and under like rance because we have no real idea how well they will develop.

I couldn't care less what you guys think. I call it as I see it , if you don't like it tough.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you want to listen to people smoking your own joint thats your perogative, but I like differing opinions otherwise we end up su..cking each others you know what and thats not for me!!

Mario if I was a winner in real life do you think I would care about you playing the man?

If you were winner in real life would you really be bothered going on an internet football forum and boasting to a bunch of largely anonymous strangers about it? :eek:

Having money doesn't make you a winner nor does stating you're a winner on an internet forum.

The Australian has reported we are in talks with Justin Shermans management. Apparently a second round pick is expected. He is 23 so is young enough. I have seen Sherman tear up a few games just not sure if we want to give up a second round pick...

Mario being successful allows me to stuff around on an internet forum about my favourite club. Are you saying you are not a winner??

At the end of the day I know I am not a loser, despite being a Richmond supporter. That is enough to know I am a winner in my mind. What is going on in my mind is all that counts as , as Mario is inferring, opinions on an internet forum about me count for jack particularly since well all know diddly about each other!!!

Interesting times ahead when Houli, Sherman and Mundy are mentioned as players sought by the RFC. Tambling and possibly Polo aside, we do not have strong bargaining power.
This leaves us with trading draft picks for the above player(s) or package deals. In saying that, we MUST keep pick #6 regardless of any scenario!

Of Houli, Sherman and Mundy surely only Mundy would be a walk up start in the best 22. The other guys I'm not so sure about so why trade for them. If they want to walk through the PSD to us then fair enough but a second rounder for a bloke who can't kick and is coming off a shocking season and a trade for a bloke who doesn't have an appetite for the hardball get and is coming off two underwhelming seasons - beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back