Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hall to the Dogs?

Here's the scenario as I see it:
As part of the season's evaluation Barry was made to visit ,club psychologist, Grant Brecht,to evaluate where he thought he was at, following his "annus horribilis".
GB:So Barry,how do you feel you came back after everything?
BH: Pretty good.
GB:Really?You don't sound all that positive.
And how are you feeling about next year?
GB:Have you thought anymore about the issues we went through in your personal life?How are you about those issues now?
GB:And your relationships with your teammates & Paul now.How are they?
GB:Well I think everything seems "pretty good" from where I sit,Barry.Just one thing before I let you go.
BH:What's that?
GB:Who did you support when you were a boy?
BH:The Doggies,why?
GB:No reason.I'll pass my report on to Paul & call you in a month or two

In his evaluation Brecht reccommends that Barry be traded to the Dogs due to issues he feels he needs to work on ,stemming from his childhood,in a more suitable environment.
Brecht feels that Barry needs to revisit a time in his life when he was happy & this is when Barry can last remember being 'truly happy".
Paul Roos faces the media to reveal the plans to get Barry to the Dogs, & fast track Grant Brecht to senior coach in 2009,with Paul's wife,Tami, his assistant.
Paul says,he feels the time is right for him to move on & he will not be taking up the post of "coaching co-ordinator,instead he will be somewhere on a beach in Hawaii with "a mystery blonde".His position will instead be taken up by Robert Harvey,who brings a wealth of experience from a stellar 20 year playing career.Nick Davis will be his 2IC(in charge when the Swans play on Friday nights only)

IM BACK (after being banned for a day) :D

Anyway i would not be happy if Hall went to the Bulldogs as i keep thinking about what our forward line would look like without Hall and O'Keefe. Basically all we would have is O'Loughlin and Playfair and then if O'Loughlin gets injured (which does happen as he isnt getting any younger) then for afew games next season the Swans most powerful forward will be Henry Playfair. Now i like Henry Playfair but he isnt a power forward by any stretch of the imagination.

However if Hall does want to go then we should let him as it isnt good to have players in our team who dont want to be there.

IM BACK (after being banned for a day) :D

Anyway i would not be happy if Hall went to the Bulldogs as i keep thinking about what our forward line would look like without Hall and O'Keefe. Basically all we would have is O'Loughlin and Playfair and then if O'Loughlin gets injured (which does happen as he isnt getting any younger) then for afew games next season the Swans most powerful forward will be Henry Playfair. Now i like Henry Playfair but he isnt a power forward by any stretch of the imagination.

However if Hall does want to go then we should let him as it isnt good to have players in our team who dont want to be there.

What did you get banned for xD, does Hall wanna leave and return to Melbourne? cause i haven't heard a whisper of it, is their a report of it or is this just another journo gut feeling?

It is a sellers market. BBBH is contracted. You would be the ones wanting a power forward which is much rarer than an out of contract, unplayed out of favour outside reciever flanker!!!

Wake up:)... if you want him!? then the pressure is on Dogs to make it happen ...not Swans!!!

Bzzzzzzzzzzt, WRONG!!!!

Aker was CONTRACTED and 2 YEARS YOUNGER then Barry Hall.

IF Barry wants out, YOU are faced with either accepting what he wants OR being stuck with a player that doesn't want to be there.

Wake up, if you want to get something for a player that MAY RETIRE if he doesn't get his way then the pressure is on the Swans to make it happen....not the Dogs!!!

Of course, all this speculation is dependent upon any of this being true that Hall wants a move to the Dogs. If it isn't then it's really a moot point.

For what it's worth, I don't really care if we get him or not, just wanted to point out that you really don't have as much bargaining power as you think with a guy that age.

3rd rounder is all he is worth if it is true, and to be nice, Street could be thrown in as coverage for Everitt's retirement.

Bzzzzzzzzzzt, WRONG!!!!

IF Barry wants out, YOU are faced with either accepting what he wants OR being stuck with a player that doesn't want to be there.

Wake up, if you want to get something for a player that MAY RETIRE if he doesn't get his way then the pressure is on the Swans to make it happen....not the Dogs!!!

Of course, all this speculation is dependent upon any of this being true that Hall wants a move to the Dogs. If it isn't then it's really a moot point.

For what it's worth, I don't really care if we get him or not, just wanted to point out that you really don't have as much bargaining power as you think with a guy that age.

3rd rounder is all he is worth if it is true, and to be nice, Street could be thrown in as coverage for Everitt's retirement.
A lot of IFs in that post. The key facts are that he is a contracted player, the club and coach doesn't hate his guts and we won't sell him for a bunch of magic beans as in the case of Akermanis. If you want Hall, be prepared to pay the right price, we're not going to jettison him off for a 3rd rounder and a reject ruckman.

Otherwise I look forward to him running around in the red and white in 2009. :)

Bzzzzzzzzzzt, WRONG!!!!

Well done:thumbsu:

I forgot Aker was technically contracted!

You might be completely correct but I think NOT!;)

Will be interesting to see how many more doggies start barking the "nah we are not interested" woof!:D

If there is any truth to it you lot would be mad not to chase a power forward... Grant was the closest you have had for over a decade! and clearly a major deficiency

Barry Hall topped (for the 7th consecutive year) our goalkicking this year, with 41 goals from 15 games.

He is under contract for another year and is an integral part of the team.

We may not even use anything beyond our own 3rd pick, thereby possibly making your 3rd round pick irrelevant.

IF Hall wants to leave we get adequate compensation, or the alternatives are that he fulfills his contract (happy with that) or he retires (and we save 500K+ in our salary cap).

We lose Hall and we have to replace him (at least in the short term) with Henry Playfair. You don't gain a KPP and IMO you can't win a flag in the short term.

how bout Lovett + McPhee for O'Keefe + 3rd rounder

It is amazing how many Essendon supporters are on here giving us advice about youth.

I take this very seriously.

Mainly, becuase it took them far far too long to realise and now they are a bunch of losers, who have no midfield. They are also discussing trading the only mid age players they have.

You have to love other teams being experts, when they have no idea and are now suffering.

LMAO

If I were Sydney, I would seriously consider trading O'Keefe. Lets be realistic here, O'Keefe won't be in the next premiership side (he is 28 and it usually takes 4-5 years at least to go up again). If you were offered Richmond's 1st rounder I would say take it imo. Hard decisons have to be made down at Sydney, plus I'd also seriously consider trying to trade Hall to the Dogs (he will only play for 1-2 seasons anyway before he goes to boxing). If you can get the Dogs 2nd rounder you should do well. Just a honest opinion guys.

Oh look, another one

LMAO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the dumbest rumour so far this year goes to Carlton.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496694&page=3

Go to post 40.

:D

Wonderful.
This is just rumour at the moment from a bloke who had had a few but reckons he knows a bit of stuff
Although to give the Carlton board a bit of credit they at least rate O'Keefe. But no doubt an Essendon supporter will jump in there suggesting a 3 way trade, Carlton get ROK, they get Kreuzer and we get.....................................yes Lovett. :)

Wonderful.
Although to give the Carlton board a bit of credit they at least rate O'Keefe. But no doubt an Essendon supporter will jump in there suggesting a 3 way trade, Carlton get ROK, they get Kreuzer and we get.....................................yes Lovett. :)

Got to be kidding! Essendon (supporters) would at least want our second round pick to even that deal up.

you guys want our first rounder for hall? lol please keep dreaming.

You obviously have no idea of your own team. Bulldogs took it right up to Geelong on Friday night but fell down in two areas. 1) goal accuracy and 2) not having a key forward.

Most times the dogs dash off the half back flank was undone by a high bomb into the forward line which was playing into the oppositions hands. The Bulldogs IMO, are in a similar position to the Swans were before the '05 season and need to throw everything at going one week further next year before Johnson, West (if he is kept on), Aker etc need to retire.

Trading a first round pick for a good key forward which is an obvious area where you lack is not a stupid thing to do. A key forward who will be ready before the above mentioned need to move on is not going to land in your lap for next to nothing.

Bulldog Baz?

There are reports the Western Bulldogs (and to a lesser extent Freo) are ready to offer Barry Hall a multi-year deal.

Hall is said to want to stay in Sydney but wants more than a one-year deal. Not sure if the Swans have made any offer at all, or if Hall's still contracted and looking at an extension beyond 2009.

Hall is also in the process of selling his house in Sydney.

Barry Hall

Being realistic here, who would you want for Barry Hall? Keeping in mind this is not a thread on what would be your dream trade but choose someone who is a decent chance of being traded.
Would you be happy with Ray, Street and a 3rd round pick?

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hall-is-the-bulldogs-goto-man/2008/09/22/1221935546194.html

THE Western Bulldogs have unofficially approached controversial Sydney spearhead Barry Hall as their search for a big key forward intensifies in the lead-up to next month's trade week.
Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade is believed to have communicated his interest to the 31-year-old, who is contracted to the Swans until the end of next year but is pushing for a one-year contract extension he is unlikely to receive until the 2009 season is underway.

While the Swans have not completely ruled out a trade, the stumbling block for the Bulldogs, who would have to offer Hall a two-year contract to secure him, is his pay packet, estimated at about $500,000 for season 2009.
Against that is Sydney's unwillingness to extend Hall's contract until he has proved his body will stand up to another pre-season and beyond.
The Bulldogs refused to comment yesterday but it is believed that Eade spoke on the telephone with Hall last weekend.
Sydney football boss Andrew Ireland told The Age the club had received no approach from the Bulldogs and refused to comment further.

If it is true, as far as I'm concerned it doesn't change anything.

Hall is under contract for another year.

And I agree with the club, no reason to extend his contract at this stage.

Re: Barry Hall

Being realistic here, who would you want for Barry Hall? Keeping in mind this is not a thread on what would be your dream trade but choose someone who is a decent chance of being traded.
Would you be happy with Ray, Street and a 3rd round pick?
Saw Street an Ray at Port Melb. on Saturday, both no good would take Murphy or Everitt

Re: Barry Hall

Saw Street an Ray at Port Melb. on Saturday, both no good would take Murphy or Everitt

i think it would be a stretch for the bulldogs to give up either murphy or everitt due to the fact that murphy is a gun player and still quite young and Everitt is very young.

and we have ROK, who is a very similar player to Murphy anyway. We'd probably want someone to sit back in the goal square and roam inside the forward 50 if we were to get rid of hall.

unless .... we were planning to have goodes and o'loughlin inside 50. then we could conceivably have ROK and murphy leading up to the wings!!!

i can't see us getting an awesome trade for hall from the bulldogs in reality though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back