Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Hall to the Dogs?

As I said on the main board.... Very late first round/Very early first rounder.

According to Gary Lyon this is not just a rumour.BBB wants to come back to Melbourne and play for the Doggies.Apparantly there is more a chance of this happening than ROK moving.

If Hall leaves we can't get a draft pic for him, we need a KPP replacement for him who is ready to go round 1, 2009! Otherwise our forward line dies!

If Hall leaves we can't get a draft pic for him, we need a KPP replacement for him who is ready to go round 1, 2009! Otherwise our forward line dies!

dont think it will die, but Hall would be a huge loss for the club, on and off the field imo..

Saw this posted yesterday by our Bummer visitor and thought at the time sheesh!..... it would make sense for the Doggies!

If it wasn't that Dogs second rounder is so low I think 2nd round would be about right so Dogs would somehow have to upgrade (get higher) second round or offer first round. There is also P Street or Minson ruckman if Currie not yet old enough or ready for AFL and several smaller quality that could be put together as a trade. The Dogs salary cap would be hurting like Swans last year

I am not averse to this happening .....but it will likely hurt Swans unless Henry:eek: improves 300%

Has Micky O hung up his boots yet?

There is no retirement talk for O'Loughlin. He will be 32 in February, but will embark on season No. 15 in 2009.
"I'm out of contract at the end of the year, but we have just come to an agreement on a new one-year contract. I just have to sign it … you can't get rid of me that easily."
-quote taken from Real Footy article September 6 2008

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so aker who was younger then hall came to the dogs for pick 34 but yet you guys want our first rounder for hall? lol please keep dreaming.
Difference. Hall is still contracted till next year, Aker was out of contract/fell out with the club.

You would be stupid to think the Swans would not try and get maximum return for someone that is still contracted with the club. (whether or not Hall is worth a first rounder is irrelevant, we have the upper hand).

so aker who was younger then hall came to the dogs for pick 34 but yet you guys want our first rounder for hall? lol please keep dreaming.

It is a sellers market. BBBH is contracted. You would be the ones wanting a power forward which is much rarer than an out of contract, unplayed out of favour outside reciever flanker!!!

Wake up:)... if you want him!? then the pressure is on Dogs to make it happen ...not Swans!!!

It is a sellers market. BBBH is contracted. You would be the ones wanting a power forward which is much rarer than an out of contract, unplayed out of favour outside reciever flanker!!!

Wake up:)... if you want him!? then the pressure is on Dogs to make it happen ...not Swans!!!
Good feeling to have :D

ROK is the real worry (being out of contract and all).....

Aker was a fire-sale. Lethal just wanted to see the back of him. And even with Aker, it is possible you might only get one more year out of him. I can't see the Dogs even trying to trade for Hall unless they think they can get at least two years out of him.

And a power forward for a well-rounded side on the brink but lacking forward presence is more valuable than a smallish flanker, even one who was as good in his prime as Aker was.

You could compare with the Swans trading for Everitt- ie expected two years, was structurally important. We paid pick 31 for him. Big differences are that Hall is contracted (as many have pointed out), the Swans would be daft to want to trade him (unlike the Dawks who seemed "over" Spida), and Hall's 2008 form (when he's played) has been better than Spida's 2006 form (he was injured almost all year).

So basically you'd start at pick 31 and work upwards to see what he might be worth at trade table. A suggestion over on your board of a 3rd round pick and Peter Street is laughable. If the Swans want Street they'll probably be able to pick him up in the PSD. I very much doubt they'd have the slightest inkling of interest in Street.

Bottom line is that many (most?) Swans fans would be devastated to lose Hall. Despite his foibles he's fantastic to watch when he's on song. Some people would have you think that the only point of watching football is to see your team win a premiership. Wonderful feeling though that is (and I realise you'll have to take our word for that), we all know it's not going to happen every year and the reason I go to the footy week after week after week is to be entertained by watching great players strut their stuff. I'd much rather have the pleasure of watching Hall for another one, two or three years than receive the scant compensation of a skinny 18yo who - history tells us - has less than a 50% chance of playing 100 games and an even slighter chance of actually winning one of his own boot. And I want to clap Hall of the ground, when he retires, as one of the "greats" of the recent Swans and the guy who held up the Holy Grail on our behalf back in 2005.

doubt there is anything to this rumour

wb are likely to chase hawkins and boyle most likely

and wb 2nd pick is not good enough for a guy like hall anyway... and doggie fans seem adament they won't trade their first pick... so doubt anything will eventuate

After watching Street yesterday against Port Melbourne he'd be lucky to get picked up by suburban club, i really didn't know they could stack crap that high.

watchin the game right now bedford? scores dont suggest it, but I gotta feeling weribee might get up, podsy for a big last q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back