Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
playfair imo has a simple job... drag his defender away from hall and mol

play for another 2-3 years doing nothing spectacular... then gets replaced with a youngster

if hall and mol aren't there... we're boned

rather have that than picking up older guys for short stints in the red and white

But nothing from ROK himself and only speculation tnaming the 4 Vic clubs that supposedly are after him.

He'll be 28 at the start of next season and IF the club has offered him a 4 year deal I'd be surprised if another club would be willing to give him that sort of security.

I'd be amazed if any club seriously interested in him wouldn't offer him a 4 year contract. He may be 28 by the start of next season but he's never injured, only occasionally sick, and is ultra-fit.

That said, unless the club is desperate for a big trade and sees ROK as the only way to achieve it, I'd be surprised if they didn't give him whatever money he is worth.

If I were Sydney, I would seriously consider trading O'Keefe. Lets be realistic here, O'Keefe won't be in the next premiership side (he is 28 and it usually takes 4-5 years at least to go up again). If you were offered Richmond's 1st rounder I would say take it imo. Hard decisons have to be made down at Sydney, plus I'd also seriously consider trying to trade Hall to the Dogs (he will only play for 1-2 seasons anyway before he goes to boxing). If you can get the Dogs 2nd rounder you should do well. Just a honest opinion guys.

Lovett plus your first round draft pick and and swap of 2nd rounders

I could see the Swans wanting Lovett (we currently have a very slow midfield) but Lovett isnt good enough for a straight swap for O'Keefe. We would need something more (maybe your 2nd round pick).
The second quote is a much more realistic option. The first option is utterly ridiculous. I'd almost be prepared to trade Lovett + pick 23 for O' Keefe. We get a very good forward and you get the much needed injection of pace through the midfield. Lovett is a classy player, does have off-field problems though but importantly has good disposal as well as pace. Perhaps if you were to throw in your 3rd rounder a s a sweetener we would have a deal. The age is the only thing that worries me with O' Keefe. At 28, will Essendon be pushing for a flag before O' Keefe starts to decline rapidly?
Would be a good option by the Swans to trade him as it really helps get the rebuild going.

The second quote is a much more realistic option. The first option is utterly ridiculous. I'd almost be prepared to trade Lovett + pick 23 for O' Keefe. We get a very good forward and you get the much needed injection of pace through the midfield. Lovett is a classy player, does have off-field problems though but importantly has good disposal as well as pace. Perhaps if you were to throw in your 3rd rounder a s a sweetener we would have a deal. The age is the only thing that worries me with O' Keefe. At 28, will Essendon be pushing for a flag before O' Keefe starts to decline rapidly?
Would be a good option by the Swans to trade him as it really helps get the rebuild going.

Dreaming mate.
You want a star of the game for an above average midfielder plus a 2nd round pick..
I think if you want to get rid of Lovett, you use him as a sweetener. Therefore 1st round pick+ Lovett > O'Keefe + 2nd round pick.

Dreaming mate.
You want a star of the game for an above average midfielder plus a 2nd round pick..
I think if you want to get rid of Lovett, you use him as a sweetener. Therefore 1st round pick+ Lovett > O'Keefe + 2nd round pick.

I think its a ok deal.

Decent player (in a area which we lack) + 2nd Round pick = Ryan O'Keefe

The Swans need pace in the midfield and getting Lovett would certainly add pace. Plus getting their 2nd rounder means we can plan for the future abit better aswell.

Lovett will be 26 at the start of next season.
He has off field issues and his club is apparently keen to rid themselves of him.

Undoubted ability, but never quite lived up to the expectation.

I would suggest he is far too much of a gamble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The super interesting thing about this year of the last "uncompromised draft" is the number of retirements and delistings!

Extraordinary amount! And there are many clubs including Sydney to make the mandatory quota of 3!!!

Usually draft sees maybe 40-50 picked up and that is being generous
To me this means that

a. any rookie we know about but other don't must have a priority

b. Fringe doubtfuls who are untradeable MIGHT be of MORE or LESS interest than in other years

c. If we can offload a tradeable (but not going to figure in the next flag)for a round 2or 3 then DO IT!

Courtesy of a main board thread here they are SO FAR!

Nathan Ablett (Geel)
Nathan Bassett (Adel)
Rhett Biglands (Adel)
Heath Black (Fre)
Michael Braun (WCE)
Matthew Carr (Fre)
Peter Everitt (Syd)
Jeff Farmer (Fre)
Ben Holland (Melb)
Danny Jacobs (Haw)
Jason Johnson (Ess)
Mark Johnson (Fre)
Ryan Lonie (Coll)
Beau McDonald (BL)
Andrew McDougall (WB)
Shaun McManus (Fre)
Ben Mathews (Syd)
Hugh Minson (Port)
Adam Ramanauskas (Ess)
Jess Sinclair (NM)
Nathan Thompson (NM)
Shane Wakelin (Coll)
Robert Harvey (Saints)
Nigel Lappin (Bris)
David Neitz (Melb)
Shannon Grant (Roos)
Peter Bell (Fre)
Mal Michael (Ess)
Michael Wilson (Port)

Delistings*
Steven Armstrong (WCE)
Jace Bode (Melb)
Danny Chartres (Ess)**
Robert Copeland (Bris)
Dean Dick (Ess)**
Ryley Dunn (Fre)**
Haydn Kiel (Bris)**
Courtney Johns (Ess)
Chad Jones (WCE)
Andrew Lee (Ess)
Wayde Mills (Bris)
Damien Peverill (Ess)
Chris Schmidt (Bris)
James Thomson (WCE)
Greg Tivendale (Rich)
Luke Webster (Fre)
Isaac Weetra (Melb)
Jeff White (Melb)
Adem Yze (Melb)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Bit of Corpy stupidity......

Young Stat machine.... increase training! NOW:)

SouthSwans and TheMase nominate for the draft!!!!.... if you ever dreamed of being AFL list... the quals this year... (everyone will be picked) is enff nuff breath to fog a mirror:thumbsu:

Hooley.... sex cxhange op !!!immediately to remove McBoobs! I know it is expensive but thats the price you pay for fame !!! Hawthorn will appreciate the sentiment and pick you round One!

I wanna be the first interwebby coach to land 3 unknowns on to AFL list

Don't thank me now;)... 20% is OK by me!!!... but would be nice to send roses !!!:D

---------------------------------------------------------------------

the swans must be playing deep into September. i feel sad because we are not playing like we did in 2006, but hey every team has its time. so until we get back up, we'll have to just admire geelong, hawthorn and the likes.

Re: Hall to the Dogs?

He is still contracted till next year so i think we would try and scam a 1st rounder off you only for that very reason.

Re: Hall to the Dogs?

There was a poster spouting the same rumours a month ago. Who knows, although I can't see us letting him go unless we get something over the odds in return. Basically if Hall goes, then we might as well start the rebuilding.

The only reason I can see him going is salary cap issues. ROK hasn't signed, apparently because he's being offered less than what he thinks he is worth. Perhaps they are clearing room for ROK's new contract and a new star player.

how bout Lovett + McPhee for O'Keefe + 3rd rounder

Err.. no thanks. McPhee and O'Keefe aren't dissimilar players in terms of the kind of positions they play. McPhee is a year and a half younger than O'Keefe but nothing like as fit and has had more injuries. In almost every way he's a downgrade on O'Keefe, despite a slight age advantage.

Lovett is probably worth around a 3rd round pick, given the off-field baggage he carries with him.

So you're effectively asking us to downgrade O'Keefe to McPhee with no compensation.

If - and only if - O'Keefe can't agree to terms with Sydney, a first round pick of some description is about the only thing that would make his departure approaching palatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back