Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Courtney Johns....

Oh woops, Dempsey that's the one. Get the pair mixed up for some reason. Do they look alike? :confused:
As alike as Simon Phillips and Plugger Lockett.

Oh woops, Dempsey that's the one. Get the pair mixed up for some reason. Do they look alike? :confused:

Indeed they do.

Courtney Johns big, slow white guy
Courtney Dempsey fast, small, black guy.

Hey De Vito & Schwarzenger were passed off as brothers in that preggers film. :D

I just wanted to get peoples opinions on Courtney Johns. I know he was seen as Sheedys "pet project" but you have to admit Sheeds had a good eye for talent.... the guy is only 23, is 192cm and 100kg, if he could get his body right he could be just the "crash an bash" forward we want... couldnt get past lloyd or lucas, which is fair enough, might be worth a late pick in nd or a pick in psd???... Also there is a guy down here in tassie that plays FF for launceston in the NTFL and kicked over a hundred goals this season, his name is Adam Derbyshire, hes 23 - 24 197cm, 100kg has a one grab mark and kicks like a mule! Played in the VFL with the devils last year and did very well.... I guess what im saying is, are we too fixated on the U18s and should we be having a real hard look at some ready made "gems" in the state leagues??...be intrested in your thoughts...
Why that every DUD that gets delisted has to be brought up on here is beyond me.We do not need DUDS like him!!

Hall gone to the dogs

I heard 1st hand from a source within the bulldogs that a deal has been
done for them to get Hall. We will get Farren Ray and their 2nd draft pick.

I hope this is wrong

Re: Hall gone to the dogs

Wow that is a great deal for you. Sydney wont win the flag next year and you need to start rebuilding. Hall will be 32 next year and he isn't the player he once used to be 2004-06. I think you guys are making a killing from this trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard 1st hand from a source within the bulldogs that a deal has been
done for them to get Hall. We will get Farren Ray and their 2nd draft pick.

NO.

That means we'll have to give up our first round pick for Peter Street.

Damn, I had that pick spare for Lovett.

Mixed bag here

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24398296-5012432,00.html

- Chasing Kerr, offered 5 year deal
- Hall likely to stay
- ROK uncertain?!
- Crouch to play on.

Seriously how could any club be dumb enough to offer Kerr a 5 year contract.
Then we turn around and insult ROK by offering him a 3 year contract.
We can be put ROK on the veterans list in 2011, so his salary would only count for 50% towards our salary cap. FFS give him the 4 years he wants.

DISGRACE.

Loyalty is a 2 way street.
Schneider, Dempster out last year; Mattner in
This year ROK out, Kerr in?

And lets face it Crouch is Roos' love child, so no surprise he'll play on.

OMG UR KIDDING RIGHT
Dumbest Trade EVER! Seriously what is wrong with all of them!

I think everyone needs a trip 2 the club doctor!

I hope this isnt true!

Well said. I agree and propose that the recuitment/coaching staff be relieved and not be allowed back into the club until being cleared by a psychologist.

According to todays papers the bulldogs are attempting to retain Ray's services and he has not made a decision yet. As`in all player the trades the player will get a large say in where he goes and Ray is a west aussie with both WA clubs interested in him and have picks 2 and 3 in PSD. So i think that this would be far from a done deal. The bulldogs would not be offering him another contact and sweet talking him and at the same time shopping him around and doing deals with other clubs for him.

Who the heck will we delist now considering Crouchy and Leo (2 players i thought would hang up the boots) are staying on.

Knowing how trade week usually unfolds, it'll probably be Hall + 4th round pick for Dogs 2nd and 3rd round picks.

You'd be smart to do that trade too. It'll give you access to a whole generation of young players in a time that you'll need them and in a time when drafts will be watered down heavily by Gold Coast/ West Sydney

Guys and Gals

Don't get sucked in by all you read in media!

IMO these are mind /negotiation games!!!

My take is Swans are setting a few things up.

1. Pushing price up for any other party better placed to get him in 08
2. Or setting themselves up as first approached for end 2009 after Kerr completes WCE contract and when he is easier to get without rediculous demands
3. Opening themselves up for other clubs to approach Swans for other trades now in 08
4. If Kerr wants length of tenure as priority over where he plays, then he might put pressure on WCE to release to Swans for much less (more realistic) trade value ie "**** u WCE! I will just jog out the year unless you trade me to.X...!!"

There is still virtually no way Swans can get 2 inside top 10 picks or even one top 5 without trading ROK or Goodes. Unless WCE accept pick 11 plus a young player then it won't happen

I cannot believe that Freo delist retire trade 12 or Essendon 8 or Port, all with top 4 draft picks are not better placed to make a better offer!!!

I will be very very surprised if this deal happens this year

my 2 bob worth!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back