Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute bollcks Corps.

Roos publicly identified Didak & Kerr as the Swans targets.

Roos publicly admitted the club contacted Kerr's management.

Roos does not deny a five year offer. He "personally having no knowledge" is semantics. I wonder if Ireland has knowledge.

Of course Roos says getting the deal done is the hard part, it always is. We have to find another first rounder.

Ok have it your way!:)

The quotes were the latest!

Think do you really think that there are not clubs much better placed than Swans to recruit Kerr

Think do you really really think Swans could find a top 5 pick if so would it be worth it?

You already mounted an excellent case for why not trade ROK or Goodes, btw Hall wouldn't get first round. There is no way I can see Swans being able to do it!

At the end of the day TRADING PERIOD is pure poker... no one ever is going to disclose to the world/media the truth or detail but Roos most of the time tells cryptic truth rarely if ever bare faced lies!!!!

I dunno, but I would have a lazy "gentlemans bet' (just for nahnah nananah rights).... with you that Kerr doesn't end up at Swans in 08!;)

Re: Hall gone to the dogs

Fantasia has come out and said we're not chasing Hall anyway.

since when does what footy clubs say in the press mean anything?

he wouldnt say "Barry Hall in our team would make us a much more legitimate premiership chance. We will be pulling out all stops to get him in the tri colors" even if it was true

since when does what footy clubs say in the press mean anything?

he wouldnt say "Barry Hall in our team would make us a much more legitimate premiership chance. We will be pulling out all stops to get him in the tri colors" even if it was true

You have evidence we are getting him? I mean apart from the talk from Halls brothers, mothers, friends associate who heard that Barry spoke to Eade about joining us?

Re: Hmmm....

i think the question is, who do we have to give up to make that trade happen?

west coast will want a first round draft pick and a player in return at minimum

Ok have it your way!:)

Think do you really think that there are not clubs much better placed than Swans to recruit Kerr

I dunno, but I would have a lazy "gentlemans bet' (just for nahnah nananah rights).... with you that Kerr doesn't end up at Swans in 08!;)

I agree that there are clubs better placed (Port for example), but I find it hard to believe any would offer a five year contract.

My hope & expectation is that Kerr will not be at Sydney in 2008,(so a bet would be somewhat redundant :)).

My concerns are that he may be and that we are pursuing him, knowing full well that 2 1st rounders (or equivalent players) would be needed. To do so means we are seriously considering trading away a top line player (whoever that may be).

Just curious Anthony?:)

How would you feel if Dogs did get him for say Raygun:eek: and 2nd rounder?

Ahh Ray has potential, I've heard a rumour though that Roos doesn't like him much.

That trade is dooable but risky you've got an older player, with a fairly large temper :), who's not getting any better.

So if he doesn't perform we've thrown away a pick four 22 year old and a potential kid which may hurt us when the Gold Coast own the following drafts.

Just curious Anthony?:)

How would you feel if Dogs did get him for say Raygun:eek: and 2nd rounder?
I'd be annoyed. Ray's best football is ahead of him, is a super-fit player and he is years of peaking; his real forte is his run & carry (worth it on the smaller confins of SCG?) and his developed courage off HB (backs back with the flight of the ball). Downside is his disposal under pressure which can be terrible.

We are giving this up for 1-2 seasons of Hall which to be fair would be ~even on the basis that Hall is contracted and Ray is not (you have some leverage over us here). I don't think a 2nd rounder as well is fair; considering this is the last uncompromised draft prior to the GC17 spree, we'd have to be getting something pretty handy to have no live pick inside the top 50 (first rounder will be used on Ayce Cordy father/son).

SWANS MANAGEMENT WTF??!!!

what the hell is with all these trades and letting our best players go? wanting to trade hall, shopping jude and in addition the chance of ryan o keefe leaving as well....tanking!! if we get kerr who the heck is he gonna pass the ball to in the forward line if hall and o keefe both leave? whoever is instigating this are idiots...in addition to letting schneider go last year which i still havnt got over. stop screwing up the club !!!

Remember that a lot of the talk that happens around trade week is just speculation (isn't that what makes a footy forum fun? :p ) As Corpuscles pointed out in the other trade talk thread, I think you'll find that the clubs tend to hold their cards fairly close to their chest as far as their real intentions go!

ok then Sanecow - can there ever be such a thing as a "moot point" anyway? That is, if a point no longer has significance

Much as I can't afford to be baited... a moot point is "open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point." Happy to help. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think the question is, who do we have to give up to make that trade happen?

west coast will want a first round draft pick and a player in return at minimum

Don't think they after players, they want 2 first round picks we would have to shop around O'Keefe and find a club which is willing to hand over their first rounder and along with our pick 12 make a offer to WCE.

First round pick inside top 10 + pick 12 for Kerr probably still not enough.

You have evidence we are getting him? I mean apart from the talk from Halls brothers, mothers, friends associate who heard that Barry spoke to Eade about joining us?

i never said it was true, i was merely pointing out that hundreds of times in the past clubs have told the media they arent interested in a player they end up signing. you cant trust a word they say.

and for the record i think the dogs would be stupid not to sign him if they could, but as a swans fan ill be pissed off if they do cause he is a great player.

if we can get Kerr get him we need some class in the middle,as much as i have hated him we need him.i also hated Schwass mainly because of him belting Luffy in the 96 GF, but he was a good pick up.Kerr is 25 and ROK will be 28 at the start of next year and the mail is he wants to come back to VIC.

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/kerr-eagles-should-bring-back-ben-20080925-4nnx.html

• September 25, 2008 - 7:59AM
Eagles star Daniel Kerr has risked the wrath of the club hierarchy by declaring he would like to see sacked legend Ben Cousins back at West Coast - and also admitting he is eight kilograms over his playing weight.

Kerr has reportedly been offered a five-year deal by Sydney, with the Swans identifying Kerr as their priority target and waiting on the outcome of dealings between the Eagles and their dynamic on-baller.

They might not have to wait long, with Kerr saying he hoped to get his future sorted out in the next week.....
..."77kg is my playing weight, and I jumped on the scales this morning and I weighed in 85kg," Kerr said.

"I still can't run because of my knee so I am going to buy a kayak to try lose some of those kilos I have put on."

The future of Kerr has been a matter of conjecture for months, despite continued statements of intent to stay at the Eagles, and having another year left on his current deal.

The length of his next contract is the sticking point, with Kerr wanting up to a five-year deal - and the club staunchly stating no more than three years are on the table.
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back