Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Trade confirmed

Demon Paul Wheatley(28yo) is officially a Swan in exchange for our 2nd round pick.

Thoughts?

Re: First Trade confirmed

what a joke! paul wheatley for our second round. we are getting short-changed. the only thing that wheatley has going for him is a long kick but that's hardly worth giving up a second round pick

Wheatley is OK, but not for this team right now. We need to hold onto our draft picks and, if possible, use the few assets we have to pick up another one or two. This doesn't get us any closer to contending and, if anything, it's a step back in the bigger picture. I really hope this isn't true.

I hope this turns out to be a Richards/Jolly/Mattner scenario.

Oh please :(

Whats Wheatley like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Average 24 disposals in 2008. Disposals efficiency average 73.53%.

He played in the backline for Melbourne, my Mum would have averaged 24 disposals the amount of time the ball spent down there.

If this is in fact true I think it is absolutely devestating news. Ask yourself who you want out of our backline for him to play in the 22? Disgraceful doesn't quite cut how I am feeling.

Average 24 disposals in 2008. Disposals efficiency average 73.53%.

Seems a strange trade on face value, but could mean O'Keefe is on the way out the door

You might be right, but I would've thought Wheatley would make more sense if ROK actually stayed, i.e. if we thought we still had a shot at a flag.

He played in the backline for Melbourne, my Mum would have averaged 24 disposals the amount of time the ball spent down there.

If this is in fact true I think it is absolutely devestating news. Ask yourself who you want out of our backline for him to play in the 22? Disgraceful doesn't quite cut how I am feeling.

Easy. LRT.:p

Just because he played in defense for them, does not mean he will play in defense for us. If anything, I see this as a sign that O'Keefe may be gone.

Similar sized players, both left footers. Not sure how strong a mark he is.

Well.. we may as well just top up the rest of the list now. Our future is ****ed.

You might be right, but I would've thought Wheatley would make more sense if ROK actually stayed, i.e. if we thought we still had a shot at a flag.

If ROK does leave, they will be looking for a player that can structurally fit into his place. Wheatley may be that...

However, we still have not got a source for this and I do hope it is untrue. I don't think we need to be drafting 'average' 26 year olds (and yes he is still 26).

Just because he played in defense for them, does not mean he will play in defense for us. If anything, I see this as a sign that O'Keefe may be gone.

Similar sized players, both left footers. Not sure how strong a mark he is.

No it doesn't mean he will play in defence for us at all. I wouldn't have thought he would be anywhere in our 22.

Still no official source.....

I just emailed SEN about this.

They won't want to be gazumped on trade scoops, so expect a confirmation or denial in the next 5-10 mins. :p

Bizarre:confused:

He is not a bad player but 4yrs left max and no superstar!

The only thing I can think of is they plan to put either Malceski or Mattner in midfield next yr?

I hope this means they are confident of keeping Pick 12 and getting a higher pick elsewhere?

Wait and see the final wash up

But if Swans trade all picks for 28yr olds or recycles.. we are F'd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back