Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: First Trade confirmed

thank god you nearly gave me a heart attack, besides pick 30 is reserved for A.Lovett at least i hope so, would be a steal

Stuart Maxfield's interview after the first day of talks is on the Sun's website;

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl

No deals done as yet.
He makes a strange statement (re; ROK) that "..as a starting point a first round pick would be a fair deal..."

I'd like to think it would be a finishing point as well.
I'd prefer ROK to go to the PSD rather than accept say a stand alone midrange 2nd rounder for him.

Not surprisingly confirmed that Essendon are willing to trade Lovett.

Apart from ROK & Lovett only other question asked related to Brad Green. Maxfield was non-committal,"... we haven't gone through and really discussed players on other club's list. .we want to be active in trade week..more about clubs coming to us than us seeking out other players".

However no indication that other clubs are seeking players on our list

Stuart Maxfield's interview after the first day of talks is on the Sun's website;

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl

No deals done as yet.
He makes a strange statement (re; ROK) that "..as a starting point a first round pick would be a fair deal..."

I'd like to think it would be a finishing point as well.
I'd prefer ROK to go to the PSD rather than accept say a stand alone midrange 2nd rounder for him.

Not surprisingly confirmed that Essendon are willing to trade Lovett.

Apart from ROK & Lovett only other question asked related to Brad Green. Maxfield was non-committal,"... we haven't gone through and really discussed players on other club's list. .we want to be active in trade week..more about clubs coming to us than us seeking out other players".

However no indication that other clubs are seeking players on our list

The highlighted part gives me hope after the Wheatley scare of a few hours ago.

No deal for Wheatley. I've got no idea where this has come from but no deals were done today. I'd be shattered if you we got him. We dont need him. We need key position backman.

What do you guys think about trying to get Prismall? He's requested a trade according to SEN. Apparently he didn't have a full reco, so he should be good to go sometime next season. Quality player, and still only 22. That's the type of player we should be going after. Don't know what we could give Geelong for him though. I'd rather him than Lovett.

What do you guys think about trying to get Prismall? He's requested a trade according to SEN. Apparently he didn't have a full reco, so he should be good to go sometime next season. Quality player, and still only 22. That's the type of player we should be going after. Don't know what we could give Geelong for him though. I'd rather him than Lovett.

Handy player, but we have a lot of handy players and at best he would be an upgrade rather than a solution.

If we are going to trade then we should trade for need.

Lovett at least gives us something we lack; breakaway speed.

My concern with Lovett is does he want to move to Sydney and if he did move how long would he stay.

**** me dead. Paul Wheatley? how many more unskilled spuds do we want at our club?

Soz guys been at work, so far it looks like i may of jumped the gun damn non-trustworthy sources which confirmed this trade earlier, please don't card me i like posting here and you can check my history i don't normally post crap :(.

Soz guys been at work, so far it looks like i may of jumped the gun damn non-trustworthy sources which confirmed this trade earlier, please don't card me i like posting here and you can check my history i don't normally post crap :(.

Mate, when you put 'confirmed' and 'official' in the title, you are just asking for trouble when it turns to tears.

Just stick to the "A friend of a friend of a friend told me..........". You'll still get the kudos if the deal comes off. :p

Re: Daniel Harris

I think Knights would expect a 1st round pick for Stanton alone.

Stanton divides Essendon fans, alot think his shit doesnt stink while the rest of us have question marks over whether he'll be anymore than B-grade.

I would have though Stanton was actually worth more than Lovett, I must be missing something too..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setanta O'hailpin anyone?

25 years old 199 cm tall, strong and reasonably mobile.

Got the vibe from a few Carlton posters that he is a little bit on the outer.

Whilst he is probably 2 years older than I'd like him to be I'm sure that his number sake (17) Tadhg and friends would probably make him feel welcome.

If he was fit he might be a viable ready made tall option

Thoughts?

Whats he worth ? a 3rd rounder

Setanta O'hailpin anyone?

25 years old 199 cm tall, strong and reasonably mobile.

Got the vibe from a few Carlton posters that he is a little bit on the outer.

Whilst he is probably 2 years older than I'd like him to be I'm sure that his number sake (17) Tadhg and friends would probably make him feel welcome.

If he was fit he might be a viable ready made tall option

Thoughts?

Whats he worth ? a 3rd rounder

4th rounder. Tops.

thank god you nearly gave me a heart attack, besides pick 30 is reserved for A.Lovett at least i hope so, would be a steal
Exactly. It would be a steal. Seeing as he is contracted you will not be getting a 'steal' from us. We will play for your 1st rounder. With your history it is certainly a chance. Just depends how steadfast you are and if Pick 23 + Lovett is enough to sway you. Let's hope you gain another 1st rounder through O' Keefe:thumbsu:

I know the question was asked of Deadly A, but my tuppence worth;

(as I wrote previously about Green);

Handy enough player, but what specifically does he add to another team?

Teams trade for needs; eg KPP, inside midfielder, speed, etc

Green; nice user of the ball, utility player.

Always useful to have that sort of player for depth, but pretty vanilla.

Now if we were to lose ROK, he could arguably fill a need, but he turns 28 by the start of next season and I'd suggest the asking price would be too high.

So my view would be no thanks.

It should be stanton+Lovett for Pick 12. That is fair IMO. Swans forfeit their first round pick, but will make it up in the O'Keefe trade. Swans get a fantastic midfielder and a player who can run the lines. They are both pretty young still too.

According to the realfooty website the hawks are mad keen on ROK. The swans are asking pick 16 and a player. Not sure who the player would be. depends on the hawks salary cap as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back