List Mgmt. Trade Targets 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Victorian clubs have also been clever in setting themselves up to raid the talent. Carlton with SOS and Collingwood with Gubby (although that could be a backfire now). I agree that it can feel like an upward battle sometimes where the increased coverage and media in Vic can be a huge lure to non-Vic players requesting a move to a Vic club (e.g. O'Meara).

However, we haven't done too badly on that account ourselves. Not only have we lured SA boys to our club for arguably less than they were worth (Polec, Ebo) but we've also attracted non-SA players to come here (Ryder, Dixon, White). Kenny's relationship with Dixon was a big part of getting him to Port, so we as a club just need to be better at recruiting our off field staff to ensure we can snare more interstate players.

You mean like bringing in an ex-GWS and Richmond coach? ;)

Zac Clarke looking to leave Freo as well - another upgrade on Lobbe for sure.
Except he's not, at all.

Slightly better mark than Lobbe, but just as bad at getting involved in the play around the ground. Not a threat up forward, and a poor tap ruck. I'd take Lobbe over Clarke every day of the week.

Except he's not, at all.

Slightly better mark than Lobbe, but just as bad at getting involved in the play around the ground. Not a threat up forward, and a poor tap ruck. I'd take Lobbe over Clarke every day of the week.

Not sure about that. Way more athletic than Lobbe and does a lot more around the ground.

Anyway, I'm talking about bringing someone in who will be able to play as a second ruckman/rotating forward and is not on $400k per year. He's kicked more than double the goals that Lobbe has during his career. Not arguing who is better or who isn't, but Clarke would be better for the role that we need with Ryder returning.

Except he's not, at all.

Yeah true, but Clarke looks a lot more like Mungo Jerry than Lobbe ever will, so there's that to consider as well.

Not sure about that. Way more athletic than Lobbe and does a lot more around the ground.

Anyway, I'm talking about bringing someone in who will be able to play as a second ruckman/rotating forward and is not on $400k per year. He's kicked more than double the goals that Lobbe has during his career. Not arguing who is better or who isn't, but Clarke would be better for the role that we need with Ryder returning.

"More athletic" doesn't mean crap tbh. He's very sub par for a ruckman. He's of a very similar age and games played to Lobbe, but is averaging only 2 more disposals a game this year, and actually averaging less kicks a game than Lobbe which is sort of unbelievable. The reason he has kicked more goals is because he's nearly always played as second ruck, while Lobbe is nearly always first ruck. Despite this, he's averaging less than half a goal a game across his career.

The opinion that he's an upgrade on Lobbe seems like it stems from someone who has seen Clarke take a nice mark and just extrapolated that one moment over a whole career because there is no way that Clarke, who will be 27 at the start of next year, is an upgrade on Lobbe in any sort of role. He's not a ruck and he's not a forward. He's the sort of player you'd be ok with having on your list as backup but would be thoroughly bemused and possibly even annoyed if your club traded anything of value to get in.

I love the lets trade everything and anything vibe but as soon as someone offers up an interesting option it's all are you craaazzzy
It's more the fact that on these forums people tend to look for the left-field options, and are often put up by people who don't really know much about said player beyond they play in a certain position and may not be a regular 22 at their current club.

No we don't. It's not as simple as 'he's a half back flanker and we have other half back flankers'. He's a very specific type of half back flanker. He runs, he creates, he breaks lines, he takes the game on.

Not only do we not have another defender of that type on our list, plenty of clubs don't even have one defender of that type on their list.

Adelaide: Brodie Smith
Brisbane: None
Carlton: None
Collingwood: None
Essendon: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
Fremantle: None
Geelong: None
Gold Coast: Adam Saad, Jarrod Harbrow
GWS: Nathan Wilson
Hawthorn: None
Melbourne: Jayden Hunt
North Melbourne: Shaun Atley, but he's shit
Richmond: Chris Yarran
St Kilda: None
Sydney: None
West Coast: None
Western Bulldogs: Jason Johannisen
Round 2 2016 + Round 1 2017 for Pittard then?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we've had one shit Cloke already

Holy hell I forget Cameron ever played for us. Did he even get a game? I'm guessing he probably did. Wow , talk about forgettable players.

We should have traded Lobbe out last season, but we should absolutely trade him this season and pick up this guy:

209cm ruckman - Jarrod Witts - who is dominating VFL for Collingwood.

1. Witts will only leave pies for a starting ruck role

2. The reason he isn't playing with either Grundy or cox is because he is useless as a 2nd ruck because he is entirely useless outside the ruck.

3. He has been abysmal at afl level for two straight years now. He is fast moving from

'depth ruck that would blossom if played in the ruck'

to

'depth ruck that had his chance to play but was overtaken first by Jesse White and then an American who picked up a football last year'

He is much closer to the last thing then the first thing. Besides witts is basically lobbe around the ground but without the tank or ever having had a good season like lobbe did or showing the clearance/ tackling work lobbe did at his best or even ever getting as many taps as lobbe does. Saying witts will grow to become better than what he is now is a huge leap of faith, that only a team desperate for a leading ruck should take if they can land him for a reasonable price. For anyone else in any different circumstances he would be a horrific target.

Zac Clarke looking to leave Freo as well - another upgrade on Lobbe for sure.

Zac Clarke is almost the worst footballer in the league. You have rocks if you think he is an upgrade on lobbe. Lobbes worst season has been better than Zacs best season.

You realise that Zac is horrifically bad up forward? Double the amount of goals as lobbe? Zac has played almost his entire career as a 2nd ruckman and spending long stints up forward. Lobbe as a measure for goals kicked is horrible as firstly lobbe is bad at playing forward or taking marks up forward or getting into places to kick goals, and lobbe as played shit **** all as a forward. Telling us that Zac has kicked only twice as much goals as a guy who is shit forward and never goes forward tells me that Zac is shit.

And pick 6 traded to GWS for a ready made player that Ken wants.

e.g. Steele or Stewart or even Barrett (but would want a 2nd/3rd round pick back along with him)

Steele OR Stewart OR Barrett? Pls. All three of those players put together wouldn't be worth close to pick 6.

Mid with pick 6, KPF with pick 9.

You'd do it the other way around in this draft, or you might as well move the pick 9 down for picks in the 20s and hope Battle slides or pick up Patrick Kerr (I'd rather have Kerr than Battle, and I don't think Marshall is a sure thing either).

I know, just sucks that all these good mids only want to go to Victoria. Seems like the Victorian clubs are the only ones benefiting from bunch of draft picks given to the expansion clubs. Im also saying this now after watching treloer's performance for the pies on the weekend.

Not that he has done anything, but even SA born players want to go elsewhere. Ie Aish and redden. What has happened to redden this year?

Zac Clarke.... Do I have some stories about Zac Clarke.

In short he is exactly the player we do not want. Timid, inconsistent, more athletic than talented, tosser of a bloke too. Anyone hating on Westhoff, this guy is 20x worse in every one of Hoffs bad traits. Watch the 2013 GF, possibly cost them the game with his effort. He didn't chase, multiple times. Pathetic.

I remember watching a Wafl game one day it was a good WAFL game from Zac probably his breakout game. Post match interview was something along the lines of "yeah, I won't be back here for a while" .... Played there for the next 6 weeks :oops:

Overall he can't get a consistent game for freo, a rebuilding bottom of the rung club who begged Pavlich to go on for one more year because they rate Clarke, Taberner and Mayne that lowly. When Pav approached them in round 7 after losing 7 in a row and said, I'm going to retire to give the kids some games, off the record the response from the club was, we got no-one capable. you're not holding anyone out.

Mayne, De Boer, Clarke, CPearce are examples of D grade footballers that got to play in a grand final side because of how good Ross Lyon is at creating a system of football that can cater for these players.

Someone needs to explain to me who these kids in the draft are (Battle I keep hearing about but don't know shit about him). I know Marshall is meant to be an elite KPF prospect so if we get him then yes please but everyone else I'm useless on.

Not that he has done anything, but even SA born players want to go elsewhere. Ie Aish and redden. What has happened to redden this year?

Well I guess sometimes it takes a while for a guy to find his role and get used to a team's ball movement and find themselves in the right places at the right time. With Redden at Brisbane he would have been at the bottom of the pack first hands on the ball, which is now what Rockiff does. At West Coast Priddis is at the coalface performing the role that Redden did at Brisbane.
It is a situation not dissimilar to the Ryder/Lobbe last year.

Will Schoenmakers be on the trade table?

Still could hardly get a look-in, even with Roughy out this year. I know he had some injury troubles but don't think he'll ever be a key player for the Hawks anyway.
has been injured for 97% of this year, would have been getting games over TOB.
with Roughy out indefinitely, i reckon they will keep him, unless they get Vickery...
then one of Schoenmakers/O'Brien i would try and pinch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back