List Mgmt. Trade Targets 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 for HH and 9 is really the only thing we could offer. It would be an interesting discussion if that's feasible for either side.

Pick 1 is basically immovable IMO because no club would be willing to give up enough.

1 for HH and 9 is really the only thing we could offer. It would be an interesting discussion if that's feasible for either side.

Pick 1 is basically immovable IMO because no club would be willing to give up enough.
Giving up Hartlett for an upgraded first rounder in a pretty even draft, pass

Not long now...
Thursday October 6
AFL Draft Combine

Friday 7 October – Wednesday 18 October
AFL Free Agency and Restricted Free Agency Period

Monday 10 October – Thursday 20 October
AFL Trade Period

Monday 31 October
First List Lodgement

Tuesday 1 November - Tuesday 8 November
Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1)

Thursday 10 November - Friday 18 November
Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2)

Friday 25 November
AFL Draft (Sydney)

Saturday 26 November - Sunday 27 November (2.00pm)
Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3)

Monday 24 November - 4.00pm
AFL Pre-Season and Rookie Draft

Not long now...
Thursday October 6
AFL Draft Combine

Friday 7 October – Wednesday 18 October
AFL Free Agency and Restricted Free Agency Period

Monday 10 October – Thursday 20 October
AFL Trade Period

Monday 31 October
First List Lodgement

Tuesday 1 November - Tuesday 8 November
Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1)

Thursday 10 November - Friday 18 November
Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2)

Friday 25 November
AFL Draft (Sydney)

Saturday 26 November - Sunday 27 November (2.00pm)
Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3)

Monday 24 November - 4.00pm
AFL Pre-Season and Rookie Draft

Let's hope we're not still waiting to do our first deal on pm thurs 20th

Not sure this is the year to have the number 1 pick and it seems that GWS are going to be the front runner as they are into McGrath in a big way and have the picks to make the trade.
For us if we can get another First Round for Hamish fine - if we keep him fine. I'd like to see us with some 20-40 picks because there is a good chance to pick up a reasonable player in that range this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd hope to get #19 back as best case scenario.

Yeah if it's 1 + 19 for HH + 9 you've gotta look at it. Plenty of possibilities to turn Pick 1 into something worthwhile, a good player from another club or maybe even two later first rounders. Plus 19 as well.

Me likey.

Apparently Essendon are willing to trade pick #1 and have made it known to both Port and GWS.

Why the **** would they bother telling us?

I'd rather have pick #9 + another top 10 pick, than pick #1 in isolation. McCluggage is going to be elite though.

Yeah if it's 1 + 19 for HH + 9 you've gotta look at it. Plenty of possibilities to turn Pick 1 into something worthwhile, a good player from another club or maybe even two later first rounders. Plus 19 as well.

Me likey.

You're talking about Essendon! Dodoro wraps sand paper around his fist before he goes to a trade negotiation.

We would never get that deal offered to us.

No it's not, its Risk Management.

The absolute worst position for the Club to be in from a list perspective, collateral damage to the fan base = memberships = $$$, and to the playing group would be to say we have traded our Vice Captain, a very good footballer for nothing this year and not sure what the following.

That's a lose/lose scenario for a Club in a fragile position at present.

If Hartlett did want to go to Richmond, and all Richmond were prepared to offer was a pick in the following years draft I'd be telling them "fine". Hamish can play for us next year and we'll talk again in 12 months time once we know what we would actually be selling him for.

Draft picks are overrated for the best part, unknown draft picks are massively overrated.
If a club chooses what they think is worse pick over a future first rounder what they rate higher due to protecting the brand
That's piss weak

Football is number 1. Market the return of ryder, pick 9, return of lade

I get your dollars argument but if the club decides a decision not based off on field first and foremost that is not the ruthless club we talk about wanting to be

Vardy could be looking at other clubs now. GWS and West Coast are two that are snooping around but there are also other unsigned ruckmen.
WEST Coast has mobile Geelong ruckman Nathan Vardy on its list of potential solutions to its ruck stocks shortfall in 2017.
There are several ruckmen still unsigned for 2017 including the Sydney Swans' Toby Nankervis, Greater Western Sydney's Tom Downie and Collingwood's Jarrod Witts.
Vardy is a player in demand with Greater Western Sydney also having met with the big ruckman late in the season although the extent of their interest remains unclear.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-05/trade-wrap-cats-tall-an-eagles-target-blue-unsure-on-future

You're talking about Essendon! Dodoro wraps sand paper around his fist before he goes to a trade negotiation.

We would never get that deal offered to us.

He's all annoying bluster and not much else. He folded in the Paddy deal despite all the squarking beforehand.

We'll just have to wait and see.

All that really shows is he is not damaging inside the forward half, but the entire lions team is useless, which doesn't help those stats. You would see a completely different player at a better club. Anyways, I know my opinion is different to the norm on here, so not going to argue. I rate him and would pay 600k a year for him. Not 800k.

Jarred Waite was the best forward in the comp for the first 8 or so rounds before he got injured. North refused to drop their underperforming old forwards when they were losing, it was one of their biggest downfalls. Black should have definitely got games in the second half.

He would be a good get as will come cheap and I see potential there.
Black and much of our younger forwards were injured in the second half of the season (wood, turner and garner as well), we had no real options left.

Up until his injury, Black was leading the VFL goal kicking as a half forward pushing up and down the wing. Suited to a third tall half forward position and faster paced team (like us in 2012/13 when we had a slingshot style) than current contested lockdown style North.

Vardy could be looking at other clubs now. GWS and West Coast are two that are snooping around but there are also other unsigned ruckmen.
WEST Coast has mobile Geelong ruckman Nathan Vardy on its list of potential solutions to its ruck stocks shortfall in 2017.
There are several ruckmen still unsigned for 2017 including the Sydney Swans' Toby Nankervis, Greater Western Sydney's Tom Downie and Collingwood's Jarrod Witts.
Vardy is a player in demand with Greater Western Sydney also having met with the big ruckman late in the season although the extent of their interest remains unclear.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-05/trade-wrap-cats-tall-an-eagles-target-blue-unsure-on-future
I hope someone shows more interest in Vardy than us.

Gws
In- Pick 1 + 37
Out- pick 7 + 15 + Barrett/Steele
Ess
In- Hartlett pick 5
Out- pick 1 + 37
Port
In- pick 15 + Barrett or Steele
Out- Hartlett

If GWS do Picks 5 + 7 for Essendon's pick 1, Then maybe we could get 7 for Hartlett?
This is what I'd be hoping for, but possibly asking for too much. It might come down to whether we can set up a bidding war for Hartlett to force Essendon to outbid Kangas' pick 12, or Richmond's 2017 first rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back