In- Pick 1 + 37
Out- pick 7 + 15 + Barrett/Steele
Ess
In- Hartlett pick 5
Out- pick 1 + 37
Port
In- pick 15 + Barrett or Steele
Out- Hartlett

If we want Barrett or Steele, and I do, then we can go about getting them in another way.

Essendon will consider that if they gave us Ryder for a late first rounder and second rounder, then Hartlett should not be worth any more than that.

I would prefer the one draft pick, but a top ten one.

This is what I'd be hoping for, but possibly asking for too much. It might come down to whether we can set up a bidding war for Hartlett to force Essendon to outbid Kangas' pick 12, or Richmond's 2017 first rounder.

Seriously if Richmond's 2017 1st round was offered for Hamish I'd be shocked and couldn't say yes fast enough and that could turn into something very high 2-5 if Martin went down.

Not sure this is the year to have the number 1 pick and it seems that GWS are going to be the front runner as they are into McGrath in a big way and have the picks to make the trade.
For us if we can get another First Round for Hamish fine - if we keep him fine. I'd like to see us with some 20-40 picks because there is a good chance to pick up a reasonable player in that range this year.

What rubbish. If we came out of this with Hartlett and 9 for McCluggage, it would be the greatest robbery since Biggsy was in his prime. Start the car...

It's very difficult to look at the ruckmen who may be available and see who would improve us. It could be that with Lade coming in the intent is to bring Lobbe up to speed, if he can get back to 2014 levels and add positioning to mark to his skills then it would be better he plays for us in 2017. Lade took an average 4.66 marks per game in 2005 and an average 8.5 in 2006. An improvement like that doesn't just come by playing better, i.e. taking more contested marks but by playing smarter in knowing where the ball is going to.

What rubbish. If we came out of this with Hartlett and 9 for McCluggage, it would be the greatest robbery since Biggsy was in his prime. Start the car...

And if McCluggage is Dangermouse or even worse O'Meara what then?

I just don't see why they would do that deal anyway, if they think they will get 5 & 7 from GWS.

All good getting starry eyed over Pick 1 put one player no matter how good replaces a good team.

and if they all fire, after possible acadamy picks it could be 16-18

Garbage there is no way Richmond are going to be better than 12th next year - best case scenario.

If they lose Delidio, somehow not come to agreement with Gold Coast over Prestia

Lose first 5 games they sack Hardwick they could easily come bottom.

Essendon aren't looking to trade pick #1 to us, they're looking to trade it to GWS for 2 top 10 picks.

They then will offer us one of those picks for Hartlett and use the other at the draft for the player they really want from the draft.

Thats what it sounds like to me anyway. Thats why they're telling GWS and Port...

Garbage there is no way Richmond are going to be better than 12th next year - best case scenario.

If they lose Delidio, somehow not come to agreement with Gold Coast over Prestia

Lose first 5 games they sack Hardwick they could easily come bottom.

part of me agrees with you, but take a side that played finals last year and add Hartlett and Prestia and you'd be stupid to write them off as duds.

they won't come bottom - certainly not if they bring in those two.

Honestly though, with teams like WB, GWS, Geelong, Sydney, Adelaide, St Kilda, Melbourne, Hawks, us, I can't see how Richmond can finish any higher then 10th assuming north and west coast go down. Even teams like Carlton, Gold Coast, Fremantle and Essendon (with all their players back) will be improving... I think we would have our hand on at least a top 10 draft pick

More chances of getting a top 5 draft pick than a pick outside the 10 in my opinion. I would seriously consider

Firstly get Richmonds 2017 first rounder

GC
In: a 2017 first rounder (either ours or richmonds, they can choose), and Ah Chee
Out: Pick 4/6 (try get 4 but probably won't get it)

Port
In: Pick 4/6
Out: one of our first rounders from 2017 and ah Chee

Gold Coast are looking for players, B.ah chee is a young talent, would mean Callum probably won't leave them, they would have 2 top 10 draft picks still and would get an extra pick next year. Win win for both clubs, we would still have a first next year and 2 this year

That's my bias look to it anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prefer 2 first round picks next year, particularly if one is Richmond's

We talk about how teams that have a batch of good players in one draft year do well (Hawks 2004, GWS whenever, etc), why would we not set ourselves up to do that in a genuinely good draft year?

It's very difficult to look at the ruckmen who may be available and see who would improve us. It could be that with Lade coming in the intent is to bring Lobbe up to speed, if he can get back to 2014 levels and add positioning to mark to his skills then it would be better he plays for us in 2017. Lade took an average 4.66 marks per game in 2005 and an average 8.5 in 2006. An improvement like that doesn't just come by playing better, i.e. taking more contested marks but by playing smarter in knowing where the ball is going to.

I would love that to be true. I think you're right replacement does look to be an issue. I was of the opinion that with 4 interchange the Ryder/Lobbe situation might be better. If they were both to offer more around the ground it would be a massive boost but Lobbe's disposal is appalling too

Lets remember Hartlett basically chooses club of choice or he stays i still have saints as favourites

Out : HH, Lobbe (roughly 1 mil new cap space), Ah Chee, O'shea and this years 1st rounder (yeah, I know, we said we wouldn't do that!)
In : Rockliff (our 1st rounder this year), Motlop, Barlow , Barrett, Richmond's 2017 1st rounder

All in or bust

Ok, enough drink for me :)

Out : HH, Lobbe (roughly 1 mil new cap space), Ah Chee, O'shea and this years 1st rounder (yeah, I know, we said we wouldn't do that!)
In : Rockliff (our 1st rounder this year), Motlop, Barlow , Barrett, Richmond's 2017 1st rounder

All in or bust

Ok, enough drink for me :)

I just hope out recruiting team aren't drinkers.

Prefer 2 first round picks next year, particularly if one is Richmond's

We talk about how teams that have a batch of good players in one draft year do well (Hawks 2004, GWS whenever, etc), why would we not set ourselves up to do that in a genuinely good draft year?
This is our only way to build a lost strong enough to win premierships unless you are getting advantages from FA's cola father sons or accadamy picks.

Appart from FA we get none the other issue is the low tallent pool of South aussie talent and even then the desire for them to play in SA seems to have diminished.

Unless we start pushing harder for a even playing field then this is our only answer

According to a NM guy on the Harltett thread Black is on around 400k.

Reckons he landed some good coin on the in the back of a solid 2013 performance and a strong bid from Freo. Then he got injured and hadnt really been seen at AFL level since.

NM would be pretty motivated to get him off their books if it's true.

According to a NM guy on the Harltett thread Black is on around 400k.

Reckons he landed some good coin on the in the back of a solid 2013 performance and a strong bid from Freo. Then he got injured and hadnt really been seen at AFL level since.

NM would be pretty motivated to get him off their books if it's true.
That wouldn't bother me. $400k (and 3 years) is the minimum you would need to attract someone from interstate. Years 2 and 3 would be heavily performance based.

Black could be Schulz mark II. The similarities are uncanny. High draft pick, showed a bit, then fell out of favour. 7 years at the club that first drafted him then....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back