Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. He is contracted for 2 more years.

If needed we could also throw in Atkins. They wanted him as part of the first Gibbs trade. But then they end up getting Gov and Atkins for a pick downgrade from pick 1 to pick 2.
I would do Gov and Atkins for pick 1 but I don't want Murphy

The AFL would have to look at McGovern for Pick 1 in isolation and decide that was reasonable. Objectively, I cant see how that's possible.
He's a young key forward with 2 years left on his contract, If Freo got Pick 2 from Gold coast for Weller the AFL would absolutely approve it

The AFL would have to look at McGovern for Pick 1 in isolation and decide that was reasonable. Objectively, I cant see how that's possible.

Easily. Phenomenal young talent, under contract, high value position... that wouldn’t be overly scrutinised by Afl

If they thought we were doing funny stuff with Murphy they’d just award lower compensation

I would do Gov and Atkins for pick 1 but I don't want Murphy

Don’t worry he will be too injured to play. :) Right now we have probably budgeted $900k/4yrs for Sloane and $650/2yrs for Gov at a guess. That is over $1.5m in each of the next 2 years. What are we going to do with that? Other than extending Matt Crouch on a bigger deal I don’t see anything urgent and he probably won’t since he only just extended. Seed won’t cost us more than we are already paying him. Whatever we were planning to do with Talia, we might bring that forward. But really, we had already planned ahead thinking $1.55m a year would be going to these two players.

I am a big EPL fan, so as far as I am concerned we are paying a transfer fee of $2m over 2 years plus Gov for Luko. It has no effect on our list management plans over the next 2 years. Replaces Sloane with Murphy and Gov with Luko, and probably still gets us an extra $400k/year after paying Luko. Extend him straight away and front load it.

Easily. Phenomenal young talent, under contract, high value position... that wouldn’t be overly scrutinised by Afl

If they thought we were doing funny stuff with Murphy they’d just award lower compensation

Understand, and I think for me this is your Lever point in reverse - though happy to admit time could prove me wrong here. I see him as only ever being a 3rd tall forward type, and despite talent i see his value lower because of it. In a side where he's asked to be a true key forward and starts to pick up the best defender I'm not convinced.

Understand, and I think for me this is your Lever point in reverse - though happy to admit time could prove me wrong here. I see him as only ever being a 3rd tall forward type, and despite talent i see his value lower because of it. In a side where he's asked to be a true key forward and starts to pick up the best defender I'm not convinced.

He is a spark someone who can make something out of nothing, a Peter knights, Trevor barker type. He’s electric

Whereas 3rd def is the cheapest easiest position on the field. Completely different kettle of fish

He's a young key forward with 2 years left on his contract, If Freo got Pick 2 from Gold coast for Weller the AFL would absolutely approve it
But let's be realistic - if this is the bench, McKay will get a 3rd rounds pick!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldnt give up more than our third rounder for him, or do a swap of seconds with Richmond.
Wouldn't even do the bolded, pick 19-ish is too valuable in this draft

Pick 37 (or a bit later, depending on compo) seems fair, maybe a tiny bit unders but Richmond can afford to do it considering their small forward depth

Exactly, if the AFL let Gold Coast trade pick 2 for Lachie Weller, McGovern for pick 1 should have no issues going through on its own.

The issue comes when there’s other deals going on between the 2 clubs that look a little fishy. I’d say suddenly Marc Murphey’s getting 4 years at $1M a pop to leave to us as a FA, suddenly they will take some interest. Essentially, if it’s 1 team screwing over another, they couldn’t care less, if it’s 2 teams conspiring to screw over the rest of the comp, they don’t like that so much... unless a big Vic team is involved... so we’d probably be sweet...

Heard a whisper over the weekend from an ex-crow that Kelly is looking to go home at the end of this year.

Would be happy to see him go but his value has probably gone down a bit after some poor performances.

Not if you read Chris McDermots mid year assessment, going from strength to strength apparently... unfortunately I can’t see anyone of note paying much attention to Chris. Gun player, good leader, not much of an analyst.

Having said that, probably not the end of the world to lose Jake, ideally Doedee plays in his position and we bring in a genuine rebounding 3rd tall type. Unfortunately he’s a medium sized shut down defender, in a defense filled with shut down types. We need more good disposers in our back 50 to set up our gamestyle.

Heard a whisper over the weekend from an ex-crow that Kelly is looking to go home at the end of this year.

Would be happy to see him go but his value has probably gone down a bit after some poor performances.
From what I understand, Kelly wanted to go back to Collingwood at some time, especially if his brother was picked up.

Kellys brother every chance of getting picked up F/S to Collingwood.

Could use Kellys currency for Shai Bolton. I know Tom Browne reported it but the fact it came out of no where means its prob true.

Thought Bolton wanted to head home to WA. I think he would be a great replacement for Cameron

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

From what I understand, Kelly wanted to go back to Collingwood at some time, especially if his brother was picked up.
I don’t follow potential draft picks at all but from what I heard jakes younger brother wasn’t likely to make it.
I’m of the understanding they wanted jakes next contract to be the main one of his career but didn’t seem confident that the crows would be the ones to give it to him, probably an easy excuse to try and get home.

I don’t follow potential draft picks at all but from what I heard jakes younger brother wasn’t likely to make it.
I’m of the understanding they wanted jakes next contract to be the main one of his career but didn’t seem confident that the crows would be the ones to give it to him, probably an easy excuse to try and get home.
Will will probably be drafted by Collingwood late/rookie, whether he makes it or not, I don’t know, but he’s not high on my draft board.

If Jake goes (and Cheney is delisted, as expected), then I reckon we try to get another dour defender type in the rookie draft. You can usually get them for decent value, there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back