Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neale Bullen is an SA lad isn't he? I reckon he'd be worth a look if Fantasia wasn't interested in returning home.

So if Sloane nominates the Saints where do we rate a trade of Sloane for Billings? Who wins? Although Billings was taken with pick 3, he clearly is not a pick 3 talent. The kid probably isnt a forward either, having kicked 23.36 last year and is on 4.11 this year. I am wondering if St Kilda finished bottom 4 or 5, whether they would value their first round pick higher than Billings. I think I would personally prefer pick 4 or 5. But I would also be happy with a Sloane for Billings trade, provided he is willing to come on an affordable salary.

So if Sloane nominates the Saints where do we rate a trade of Sloane for Billings? Who wins? Although Billings was taken with pick 3, he clearly is not a pick 3 talent. The kid probably isnt a forward either, having kicked 23.36 last year and is on 4.11 this year. I am wondering if St Kilda finished bottom 4 or 5, whether they would value their first round pick higher than Billings. I think I would personally prefer pick 4 or 5. But I would also be happy with a Sloane for Billings trade, provided he is willing to come on an affordable salary.
Would probably prefer pick 19.

Luke Dunston is a saints player and from SA I haven't seen him this year but I know he has talent

I'd definitely consider it. I guess we'd just need to back Haggis on what Talent would be available at the equivalent pick, and our coaching staff as to where they see him slotting in.

His kicking is woeful, but a new lease on life in the midfield could turn him around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give me pick 4 or 5 over Billings. Especially this years draft

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah if that's what we can get, great, I'd take that over Billings without blinking. But I doubt they would at all want to shift a pick that high for a 30yr old Sloane. Teams which think they're close might, potentially North (few good wins), Dons (over inflated egos) or even Hawthorn if they can.

IMO it'd just be stupid to be in the depths of a rebuild and give away a top 5 pick for a 30 year old .

Havent seen much of Billings, but have trouble following your logic here mate.

"This guy was pick 3, but he's really not that good and is terrible in front of goals".... "Hey, lets trade Rory Sloane for him"?

I can't see any side giving up a top eight pick for Sloane.

Havent seen much of Billings, but have trouble following your logic here mate.

"This guy was pick 3, but he's really not that good and is terrible in front of goals".... "Hey, lets trade Rory Sloane for him"?

That’s somewhat my logic. I would prefer the Saints first. But they may not be willing, in which case we may be looking at a compensation pick that could be as low as 19. Would prefer Billings than 19.

I can't see any side giving up a top eight pick for Sloane.

I can’t either, but if we give back our Carlton pick or our 2019 second then we could get a high pick. But it needs to be higher than 8 I think.

Edit: I meant our 2019 first

Last edited:
Smells like McGovern has already got a big offer from Victoria. Are there any good WA players that will go top 10 in the draft, or will the Eagles swoop in and take an SA boy. They dont shy away from recruiting from SA and we dont get many of them back.

Smells like McGovern has already got a big offer from Victoria. Are there any good WA players that will go top 10 in the draft, or will the Eagles swoop in and take an SA boy. They dont shy away from recruiting from SA and we dont get many of them back.

Ian Hill (brother of Brad and Stephen) will probably go early. Very classy looking player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back