List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving in Dunkley, Rioli and Pickett in an off season would be an amazing result, and I'd love to be wrong, but i just don't see how we get all three done.

I can't see the demons taking next years first alone for Pickett, considering there's a real chance we move back up the ladder.

Dunkley takes this years first and as disappointing as it is I can see us moving the Amon compo pick to WC (on the proviso it's in the late 20s range) for Rioli.

Unless we can start pick swapping with other clubs and get very creative, or move on a highly valued youngster, then realistically I just can't see all three. Still, I live in hope.

Of coarse this is all pointless at this stage as we don't even know if Dunkley/Pickett want to come.

Perhaps we are buttering up Pickett for next year, playing the long game?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would we get Pickett and Rioli? When Fantasia is fit, thats three extra 175cm forwards to fit into the team.
Ken at the thought:

excited andy samberg GIF

Why would we get Pickett and Rioli? When Fantasia is fit, thats three extra 175cm forwards to fit into the team.
Which is fine, as long as they're good. The problem with Hinkley isn't that he plays short people, it's that he plays short people who are no good at footy.

The tallest of the 3 plays ruck.

Did I hear right that George, Rozee, Butters and Raz went to the US with Boaky?

If so can't see George wanting to go anywhere and the rumours as usual are rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess I’m more conservative.

Rioli for me is a third rounder. He may be great, but his history is poor.

Dunkley isn’t even a FT mid at the dogs, yes he’s reliable. I still think compo pick is fair.

Pickett for Low teens pick is about right.

I’d piss Fantasia off. I’ve been told his discipline, recovery is borderline amateur, doesn’t listen to staff. He’s a pipe dream.

I guess I’m more conservative.

Rioli for me is a third rounder. He may be great, but his history is poor.

Dunkley isn’t even a FT mid at the dogs, yes he’s reliable. I still think compo pick is fair.

Pickett for Low teens pick is about right.

I’d piss Fantasia off. I’ve been told his discipline, recovery is borderline amateur, doesn’t listen to staff. He’s a pipe dream.
Pickett is not low teens unfortunately. He is top 10 absolute minimum.

Dunkley is 100% a top ten pick.

Yep, he's a good player, but not as special as people want to sell. If he was a 1st choice mid for them I could understand it, but his value is definitely being oversold for some reason. Reality is if he does pick us we'll cough up 8, but that's a high price to pay.

I'm still hoping he'll pick Brisbane. I think we'll nail the draft pick and end up with a 250-300 game star and I'd rather that. We've built up on the back of the draft, let's keep building.

Last edited:
If we can get Dunkley for the Amon compo and Pickett for a low teens pick we would need to start the car and get away fast because that is daylight robbery. Be nice if we got them that cheaply but highly unlikely.

If any good came to Australian football from the COVID pandemic, it was the stalling of television cameras intruding more and more inside AFL clubs, smashing the mystique.

Sometimes it’s more powerful to keep the fans guessing how it all works, rather than knowing every detail.

Amazon, Paramount, Stan, even Fox Footy would have eventually produced the appealing, multi-episode series titled, “The List Manager” – following the men at the 18 AFL clubs who in the past decade have become more important and powerful than senior coaches in building player squads and the hopes of fan bases around the league.

“List managers, they are more and more important,” says Peter Rohde, who has lived the game as an AFL player, an AFL coach and SANFL premiership coach and as Port Adelaide’s football manager. Today, he is a player agent dealing with list managers wanting to re-contract his clients or lure them to new clubs.

Dunkley for pick 8
Picket for 2023 first and Amon comp
Rioli for Frederick and third rounder
If you had a third rounder coming back for the Dunkley deal, that would be a good outcome and would seem fair on all fronts.
I suspect that it would be considered just unders for Pickett though, especially if we're expected to make finals in 2023.

We still need to address key defenders somehow, but it gives us a fantastic forward line if we can keep Georgiades in the long-term, and obviously a very strong midfield.

"The compensation pick that Port gets from Hawthorn for winger Karl Amon would nearly be enough, with Frederick potentially the sweetener to get the deal over the line."

what a trade would that be lol... Amon and Fredrick for Rioli haha carn!

The pessimist in me says:

Dunkley nominates Brisbane
Amon compo pick used on Rioli
We do something funky with this year's first round pick and miss out on Phillipou

The last shred of optimism says:

We keep next year's first rounder

And the Pickett talk, for this year at least, is just Rooch's wet dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back