List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Esava Ratugolea is off the table but what a case of stupid "love" they may love you at Geelong but you are pissing your career away in the VFL mate.. anyhoo.

What am I missing with this Bowes trade nonsense? Giving a club pick 7 to take him off the books lol wtaf. Surely they expect a small downgrade back in exchange or something?

If they have mismanaged TPP so badly that they will breach salary cap without him gone, then the organisation is legit a joke and should be folded. They are hardly bursting at the seams struggling to keep a stable full of stars together, how can that happen?

But even then, Bowes is a decent player that many would want in their best 22. Giving him away with a third or even second rounder to sweeten the deal would be within the realms of sane football club actions. But pissing away a top 10 pick is unfathomable and essentially admits that they don't have any hope of drafting and keeping someone anyway. It's like a cry for help or something.

These kind of ridiculous one-sided deals warp the entire competition and are only possible because no-one actually gives a shit how GC perform or develop long term. It removes all pretense that the expansion clubs don't just exist to funnel top end talent to Victorian clubs-- this even removes the annoying step where GC have to draft them first.

Can we please stop listing Sinn, Bergman or Mitch.

All had injury interrupted 2022, the later both performed amazingly well in 2021. We moved heaven and earth to get Sinn, not to discard him before he's started. Mitch and Bergman will be amazing in 2023. Considering our lack of coaching prowess our kids are doing great. We just need Jones now to stop pulling hamstrings.

Going off Andrew Mackie's comments this morning, don't think Ratugolea is completely off the table just yet

I know Esava Ratugolea is off the table but what a case of stupid "love" they may love you at Geelong but you are pissing your career away in the VFL mate.. anyhoo.

I'm not convinced Graham is off the table either. Richmond struggling to get the Hopper deal done, could have used Port's pick 27 to finish it off.

I'm so glad the club isn't going into the trade and draft period looking to dish up a worse list.
"Yeah our aim is to go backwards, definitely. We're gonna just offload all our required players and bring in pure trash. We've even given Gary Ablett Senior a call to see if he wants to come play ruck."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

get in the ear of Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

We should be asking the question of Tarryn Thomas in a package deal with JHF.

Would be happy to part with a player like Burgman, Sinn or Duursma packaged with 2x firsts and 27 for Thomas and JHF.

Thomas had a poor year this year for a number of reasons it seems but he would be great at half forward. Then we forget Rioli.
Then when Tassie join the AFL we trade him for top 10 pick

Bwahaha we have a winner

i am sure this was said tongue in cheek by the Freo list manager. Saw him on the news and was certainly said jokingly.

Essendon legend Matthew Lloyd believes Tarryn Thomas’ reported $700,000 salary is “irresponsible” list management from the Kangaroos as the young gun weighs up his future.

The Herald Sun reports Thomas is contracted for two more seasons worth up to $700,000 per campaign, and that Gold Coast is circling the former Pick 8, while Sydney, where he has close family, had interest earlier this year.

However the report states his salary and the challenge of acquiring him from North Melbourne, which is also dealing with Jason Horne-Francis’ trade request, means Thomas is more likely to stay at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back