List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron Francis off to Sydney. We need to get at least some form of kpd cover.

Are we down to a sanfl player like Heard from Nord? I can't think of anyone else.

Heard is about Bonner's size.

Essentially... One upside of older players from a management perspective is they don't cost as much as young ones. Half our starting 22 are 30+ on short term deals, and Dahlhaus and Selwood both retired. I suspect that outside of Cameron and Stewart no-one in the team is in upper pay range of players. Also Expecting lots of retirements over the next few seasons, and commensurate cap space. We could fall off a cliff results wise but the cap is fine.
Lol carn.

How gullible do you think we are to believe that none of

Hawkins, Dangerfield, Blicavs, Duncan Guthrie, menegola, smith and tuohy are on good coin unless you’ve got some real dodgy deals going on behind the scenes

All of those blokes would have been sought after when they signed their last deals.

Lol carn.

Hawkins, Dangerfield, Blicavs, Duncan Guthrie, menegola, smith and tuohy are on good coin unless you’ve got some real dodgy deals going on behind the scenes

All of those blokes would have been sought after when they signed their last deals.

Hawkins is apparently on around 300, far from big money. (He was getting ~800 a season until he was 32). All the players you listed are ones who are getting paid less each year, not more.

Its easy to say "gee, they seem to have a lot of good players, they must be overs" but we don't have many superstars in the 24-28 age bracket where pay packets are the fattest. We've got a heap of quality older players(like you listed) and a batch of talented youngsters (Dekoning, Close(rookie), Atkins(rookie),Stengle(I imagine cheap) Holmes, Zuthrie) who are all contributing at a much higher level than most players in their salary bracket.

Its one advantage of the different recruiting scheme GFC has gone with recently targeting older players... it provides more cap space that targeting prime agers, and the shorter contracts mean more flexibility for fitting trades in.

Lol carn.

They are all on minimum wages, but each has a string of Ford dealerships.

So between talk of Georgiades, Butters and Geelong having beyond-approach financials I assume this is where we hit the crack pipe?

Hawkins is apparently on around 300, far from big money. (He was getting ~800 a season until he was 32). All the players you listed are ones who are getting paid less each year, not more.

Its easy to say "gee, they seem to have a lot of good players, they must be overs" but we don't have many superstars in the 24-28 age bracket where pay packets are the fattest. We've got a heap of quality older players(like you listed) and a batch of talented youngsters (Dekoning, Close(rookie), Atkins(rookie),Stengle(I imagine cheap) Holmes, Zuthrie) who are all contributing at a much higher level than most players in their salary bracket.

Its one advantage of the different recruiting scheme GFC has gone with recently targeting older players... it provides more cap space that targeting prime agers, and the shorter contracts mean more flexibility for fitting trades in.
Sure

This flew under the radar for me, what the hell is the club gonna do here? This is the most important position we need to improve on.
As a parallel to the "Port have to send something back because Norf need the points" when Polec/Pittard trade happened, they will obviously need to throw in Ben McKay.

It's just the right thing to do.

Aaron Francis off to Sydney. We need to get at least some form of kpd cover.

Are we down to a sanfl player like Heard from Nord? I can't think of anyone else.
I think there is something in the works. Too much talk of us addressing the KPD need floating about.
If Georgiades was open to leaving, would we/WC do

Georgiades, future first/pick 8 and 27 for Rioli and Pick 2

Then trade pick 2 for JHF and keep either pick 8 this year or future first?
That is a horrendous trade idea.
I think we should try and get involved with a pick swap with GWS to get JHF. Give 8 and future 3rd to GWS for 12 and 19.

12, 19 and future 1st to North. Three top twenty picks for JHF is far better than they would get next year.
I think this idea, flipping 8 into two teen picks and packaging with F1 might be the way to go. Could also split 8 with Sydney for 14 and 17.

This is abhorrent. Delusional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the most absurd part of the whole JHF situation is the lack of respect North supporters have for Connor Rozee. Its mindblowing.

We should be asking the question of Tarryn Thomas in a package deal with JHF.

Would be happy to part with a player like Burgman, Sinn or Duursma packaged with 2x firsts and 27 for Thomas and JHF.

Thomas had a poor year this year for a number of reasons it seems but he would be great at half forward. Then we forget Rioli.

Yeah

When players move past their 30’s it’s possible some get less money as their performance dips.

Less money means a small decrease, not dropping pay to half or a 3rd of what it was.

A player would have to be a complete chump to take a fraction of what they get elsewhere. Yeah, a player could take less than what they would get elsewhere out of nice feelings for the club, but again, that would be a small amount, like 50k, 80k maybe even a whopping 150k

You’re a ****ing moron if you think a player is going to accept 300k less than what they can get elsewhere.

It’s a bloody job for these guys. They have managers who get a % of their wage.

There’s just zero chance you’re paying hawkins (who is still performing to a very high level) so little money unless there’s shonky business going on.

That’s also massive overs for any player bar a star key position player, ie Cameron.

Two first rounders is more than far.

Also you either trade your future first, or you second/third/fourth rounders, you can’t do both without afl approval.

I think a player may have to be involved with the two firsts, someone like a Bonner, Farrell, Williams, Lord, to sweeten the deal from a PR perspective. Really can’t understate what a disaster this trade period is for North.
Spot on: North wants mature players.
If you want something good you need to give up something good.
I reckon two picks + Bonner gets it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back