List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Ratugolea has agreed to terms, and will be staying on at geelong. Bugga

This flew under the radar for me, what the hell is the club gonna do here? This is the most important position we need to improve on.

Aaron Francis off to Sydney. We need to get at least some form of kpd cover.

Are we down to a sanfl player like Heard from Nord? I can't think of anyone else.

There is so much really suss about Geelong. Their player fitness and size, their bottomless salary cap space and players like Danger going for apparently unders ( maybe some brown paper bags?)
I would love them to be exposed

AFL talks about equalisation but doesn’t walk the walk.
A bit like AFL talks about racism but doesn’t walk the walk there either.

If we end up with another Geelong Dynasty ugh 🤢🤮
There's a lot of mates rates part ownership on car yards and such. I'd bet on it. Proper investigative journalists have more important things to investigate and within the sports journalism clique, you'll never work in this town again if you go poking around

Are we down to a sanfl player like Heard from Nord? I can't think of anyone else.
I think it was interesting when George was asked about players to look out for next year the first person he mentioned was “key position player Dan Visantini”. Wonder if we have him earmarked as our monster fullback.

If Georgiades was open to leaving, would we/WC do

Georgiades, future first/pick 8 and 27 for Rioli and Pick 2

Then trade pick 2 for JHF and keep either pick 8 this year or future first?
No, it’s annoying enough to have opposition supporters make stupid trades like this why must some of our own as well

If we are doing all that just to keep a future first or pick 8 I’d rather keep Georgiades like wtf

Maybe one of our other players Kane was referring to is a Sydney KPD?

I know Gould isn't the right size but I have a feeling our coaches would be keen.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, it’s annoying enough to have opposition supporters make stupid trades like this why must some of our own as well

If we are doing all that just to keep a future first or pick 8 I’d rather keep Georgiades like wtf
What if they took McEntee as a salary dump too?

I think we should try and get involved with a pick swap with GWS to get JHF. Give 8 and future 3rd to GWS for 12 and 19.

12, 19 and future 1st to North. Three top twenty picks for JHF is far better than they would get next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should try and get involved with a pick swap with GWS to get JHF. Give 8 and future 3rd to GWS for 12 and 19.

12, 19 and future 1st to North. Three top twenty picks for JHF is far better than they would get next year.
That’s also massive overs for any player bar a star key position player, ie Cameron.

Two first rounders is more than far.

Also you either trade your future first, or you second/third/fourth rounders, you can’t do both without afl approval.

I think a player may have to be involved with the two firsts, someone like a Bonner, Farrell, Williams, Lord, to sweeten the deal from a PR perspective. Really can’t understate what a disaster this trade period is for North.

How could they possibly have the cap space for a salary dump ?

Essentially... One upside of older players from a management perspective is they don't cost as much as young ones. Half our starting 22 are 30+ on short term deals, and Dahlhaus and Selwood both retired. I suspect that outside of Cameron and Stewart no-one in the team is in upper pay range of players. Also Expecting lots of retirements over the next few seasons, and commensurate cap space. We could fall off a cliff results wise but the cap is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back