List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Graham news is amazing. As a free pickup sure, not for pick 20something. He is somewhere between Cassisi and Matt Thomas in ability.

Nah. We weren’t willing to pay him
Rankine is a great player but not worth $850K pa.
His salary will precipitate an exodus from the Crows.

Watch the unhappy campers no longer Crowing but moving their caravans out in the next few years

Adding another quality option to the midfield is always welcome but I really don't think it's the issue people are making it, most coaches would cream their jocks over working with Rozee, Butters & Wines while filling out other roles with Drew an aging Boak & maybe SPP rolling through more among others.

As I said you always welcome bolstering it but if you can't get that midfield humming you shouldn't be in the sport.

Adding another quality option to the midfield is always welcome but I really don't think it's the issue people are making it, most coaches would cream their jocks over working with Rozee, Butters & Wines while filling out other roles with Drew an aging Boak & maybe SPP rolling through more among others.

As I said you always welcome bolstering it but if you can't get that midfield humming you shouldn't be in the sport.
Most teams need 6-9 very good midfielders

He literally toured the club with donuts and cd.

It was more than just a bit of interest

Being interested is different to public wanky bravado. We didn't massively advertise our interest.

He has played all year as a defender in the VFL and trains on the Tomahawk

Not all year, he started the season as a fwd/ruck in the seniors and then got injured and missed a couple of months.

He resumed in the VFL and we switched him down back around mid-season - so probably has 10 games experience in that role.

He played one senior game in the backline, round 23 v WCE, did well on Jack Darling but to be fair we won by 80+ so probably not the best game to judge him on.

So essentially the jury is out on whether Esava can become an AFL standard defender, but he has the skills to give it a decent go. Scott is a huge fan and Esava is next in line if we got an injury, but it’s hard to find a way that he starts 2023 in the seniors.

Will wish him all the best if he makes the move!

I think WC will play hard ball wanting the Amon pick, but then will ultimately accept this and sell it to their fans as getting a great young player who is the twin brother of the their state rival's small forward.
They won't.

It'll be the Amon pick or the PSD. Maybe if we're lucky we throw in Frederick and get 38 coming back. It's time we all accept that. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's what it will be.

Im fine with Grahem not coming. we prob didnt offer him a 5 or 6 year deal which he was hoping for.

Bringing in young talent while filling holes with cheaper players should be the focus now. Im happy to trade back to pick 13 with pick 8 if we can still get a Buslinger or Hayes type still while bringing in a high future 2nd so we have ammo next year for Pickett or JHF. This really is what the club should be looking at doing.

Look at a Lemmey with a later pick for a develeping big key fwd type

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another rejection to Port Adelaide. Graham was wheeled out with a tour of alberton - cameras and everything. Then he said nah.

Maybe it is the budget coaching panel we have assembled (no offence to Josh Carr but he’s only at Port because of convenience)?

The place stinks - who wants to be coached by a bunch of ex-port players.

Very stale.

They won't.

It'll be the Amon pick or the PSD. Maybe if we're lucky we throw in Frederick and get 38 coming back. It's time we all accept that. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's what it will be.
You're probably right. It'll go the other way and Port will try to sell us that downgrading what becomes about pick 29 to what becomes about pick 40 is a great result and we wish Fredrick all the best because good guy Port. WC will tell their fans they gave away a worthless third round pick they weren't going to use.

Don't think we'll go the PSD or even threaten it. They'll say that's not how we operate when asked if that's an option.

Matt Crouch is better than Graham. Don’t @ me.

To be fair Davies talked down the interest in Graham. Just the local news services took a break from reporting car thefts and brush fence fires to stake out the airports for incoming players.
Haha. I saw Smithson pop out of a bin with a lettuce leaf covering his bald patch.

Rankine is a great player but not worth $850K pa.
His salary will precipitate an exodus from the Crows.

Watch the unhappy campers no longer Crowing but moving their caravans out in the next few years
He is not a GREAT player he he an average player who can some special things every so often. Not much different to Fantasia actually. But I definitely agree he is not worth the money.

b5e89bc0dff108b7b6235e9d891e32af.jpg

Didnt hate the idea, but not gonna lose any sleep over Graham.

Honestly if you look at Port, where:
-We finished 11th
-Players take full blame as scapegoats for every loss because our coaches refuse to ever admit fault
-We have a weak coaching panel in its final season
-We use s**t selection policies based around gambling syndicates

Why would anybody want to come here? We have talent on our list but beyond the individual skills of the players we are a basketcase.
Yep, this narrative of us being a destination club is just delusion now.

If Rankine was on his way here instead of the other team, we'd be jizzing all over the place. Instead we're hanging our hat on Jnr Rioli - who has state publicly it's all about the money and setting himself up.

We have descended to GC/ GWS levels of relevance. The only way out of this is a complete clean out - from chairman to HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back