List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did the club view Howard as a looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane type? Is Howard not quite good enough at either end of the ground? Is Howard individually proficient but lacking in team contribution? Off field issues?

We have no genuine reason, which is impressive given the club is like a colander at the moment.

The best bit of info is Monty didn't rate him, which I find a incomplete.

Did the club view Howard as a looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane type? Is Howard not quite good enough at either end of the ground? Is Howard individually proficient but lacking in team contribution? Off field issues?

We have no genuine reason, which is impressive given the club is like a colander at the moment.
According to Cripps he did what the coaches told him?

Nick Robertson is ****ing shit, why the hell are we discussing him? Poor man's Sutcliffe.

Jesus man

That is way harsh.

“Poor mans Sutcliffe” anyone called me that and I’d cry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we actually have a reason for why the club moved Howard on?

Apart from the obtuse “it was either him or Ollie” posted by one long term poster on here?

No.

May be a draft strategy pick splitty thingy partly wrapped around projected bids for Mead. That’s the only other reason that jumps to mind quickly that justifies the silent but “youse don’t have all the infos” spin from club grubs.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Robertson's mum is a ripper couple of yrs ago she was in the Margery bar and was cheering for her son was a good sport. But yeah pass

The best bit of info is Monty didn't rate him, which I find a incomplete.

C4 posted here a while ago that Howard was looking and was using an offer to try and hold Port to ransom a bit. So maybe its as simple as:

- Howard wanting to leave
- Port not rating him as a top end talent
- Port getting offered a pick that is ‘overs’ compared to our internal rating of him

Okay, Lukosious out of contract at the end of 2020, and a gun academy kid coming through for Port.

North are sitting on the street corner smiling at all comers with 2 x 1st round picks in our pocket (2 & 7 based on 2019 ladder positions).

Is Port a player?

C4 posted here a while ago that Howard was looking and was using an offer to try and hold Port to ransom a bit. So maybe its as simple as:

- Port getting offered a pick that is ‘overs’ compared to our internal rating of him

I just don't understand how Howard or his manager can hold Port to ransom. He was signed on for 3 years and we appeared to be keen enough to trade him out that we accepted a below market rate deal. Even if you view the trade as balanced we received no additional compensation given he was contracted for so long.

There was never any talk of bringing a Saints player in for Howard so we were gunning for that draft pick 18, gunning so hard that we were happy to move 2 spots lower with our first. We appeared to be a motivated seller which is surprising and unexplained to me.

Or as simple as Howard great mates with Logan Austin. SK exploit that with great offer to Howard. Howard expresses desire to take contract. Port don’t want players who don’t want to be here. Fair offer for trade comes. Done.

Okay, Lukosious out of contract at the end of 2020, and a gun academy kid coming through for Port.

North are sitting on the street corner smiling at all comers with 2 x 1st round picks in our pocket (2 & 7 based on 2019 ladder positions).

Is Port a player?
Nup, we're headed towards the No.1 pick.

Josh walker has really good numbers for a tall stopping defender. If he gets de-listed by Brisbane he would be a solid option for a battling team with no tall defenders.

Agreed but somewhat inflated by playing as the 3rd tall with the best defender in the comp in Andrews and another good defender in Gardiner playing next to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back