List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definition of insanity.... Trading everything for a young KPF, who isn't one, who hasn't shown anything yet, to a team with a history of not developing young KPF players, oh and he'll be fighting for spots with a team full of em....

Sign me up!

As someone who didn't see much of him in his draft year, whats with the obsession over lukosious? He really hasn't seemed that good this year, Ive definitely not seen anything that stood out and made me pay attention.

Who was the last player to go to a 2 team town and not get to the team he wanted because club A couldn’t get the deal done or the club B had more to offer pick wise???

Take away the 2 team part of you can’t name one.
Thompson? That didn't go well.

As someone who didn't see much of him in his draft year, whats with the obsession over lukosious? He really hasn't seemed that good this year, Ive definitely not seen anything that stood out and made me pay attention.
Skills of a first round talent in a 195+cm body
Reads the play really well for a tall player

Wines and SPP most likely, in fact almost any player in a clubs top 25 will refuse any trade to the GC so including them in any trade scenario is pointless.
It's hypothetical. The reality is pointless, especially on bigfooty. No one wants to play for GC so any trade would be at least a 3 club trade.

Wines and SPP is too much. Wines in a straight swap (including a 3rd team) I would accept. But we NEED one of Wines or SPP for our future due to our midfiend age range.

Whose better I just looked at inside mids on AFL app

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes true

Figures straight of AFL

Ollie 64
SPP 66
Boaky 66
Rocky 65

You claimed that SPP has the best disposal efficiency this season of any of our midfielders. Wingmen and rucks are midfielders. Boak, Drew and Atley are all also midfielders.

SPP's DE is 65.5% with a contested possession rate of 43%.

Amon—75.9% DE and 35.4% CPR
Duursma—74.7% DE and 33.7% CPR
Drew—71.5% DE and 40.4% CPR
Ladhams—71.2% DE and 54.9% CPR
Lycett—71% DE and 58.5% CPR
Ryder—69.4% DE and 66% CPR
Atley—68.4% DE and 56.5% CPR
Boak—66% DE and 48.3% CPR
SPP—65.5% DE and 43% CPR
Rockliff—65.3% DE and 42.2% CPR
R. Gray—64.7% DE and 48.4% CPR
Wines—64.5% DE and 41.9% CPR

That's without taking into account players who run through the midfield at times or who have, ostensibly, changed position throughout the year (like Houston, for example).

Houston—75% DE and 41.4% CPR
DBJ—71.4% DE and 31.8% CPR
S. Gray—67.9% DE and 35% CPR

Skills of a first round talent in a 195+cm body
Reads the play really well for a tall player

That's not enough then. On exposed talent/form he's not close to being worth wines.

Best case scenario with his body shape you get a jeremy cameron but could easily be another jack watts. And sad to say it but i don't trust our development team to make sure he delivers on talent.

That's not enough then. On exposed talent/form he's not close to being worth wines.

Best case scenario with his body shape you get a jeremy cameron but could easily be another jack watts. And sad to say it but i don't trust our development team to make sure he delivers on talent.
Obviously not worth wines straight up but the idea of Marshall and Luko going forward is mouth watering.

The field kicking and match sense alone makes me excited

Luko was pitched as a generational talent in potentiationally the best 1st round "super draft" since 2001. Players like him you can’t find as he is just so different from most other talents. Yes I have a boner for him but he can be the type of player that other teams struggle to match up against.

You claimed that SPP has the best disposal efficiency this season of any of our midfielders. Wingmen and rucks are midfielders. Boak, Drew and Atley are all also midfielders.

SPP's DE is 65.5% with a contested possession rate of 43%.

Amon—75.9% DE and 35.4% CPR
Duursma—74.7% DE and 33.7% CPR
Drew—71.5% DE and 40.4% CPR
Ladhams—71.2% DE and 54.9% CPR
Lycett—71% DE and 58.5% CPR
Ryder—69.4% DE and 66% CPR
Atley—68.4% DE and 56.5% CPR
Boak—66% DE and 48.3% CPR
SPP—65.5% DE and 43% CPR
Rockliff—65.3% DE and 42.2% CPR
R. Gray—64.7% DE and 48.4% CPR
Wines—64.5% DE and 41.9% CPR

That's without taking into account players who run through the midfield at times or who have, ostensibly, changed position throughout the year (like Houston, for example).

Houston—75% DE and 41.4% CPR
DBJ—71.4% DE and 31.8% CPR
S. Gray—67.9% DE and 35% CPR

Why you including nonsense stats vastly different roles . Do you follow footy

Some other factors:
- the ‘look’ of GCS losing more first rounders a year after picking them is not a good one.
- I can’t imagine GCS losing king and Luko in the same year.
- surely some questions have to be asked of GCS if two of their top six picks want out a year into their contracts.
- GCS need experienced and senior heads, not just picks. To be honest, Ebert, Boak and Hammer would be perfect for them. I’m not suggesting we trade them or that they would get the deal over the line, or that it would happen, rather than they just fit the bill perfectly.

For mine, I can’t see King or Luko leaving this year. Hateley more likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why you including nonsense stats vastly different roles . Do you follow footy

Why are you making demonstrably incorrect claims and then shifting the goalposts? Do you speak English?

Last player swap in AFL was 5 years ago

Waste of time discussing something they doesn't happen

I think you're missing the forest for the trees here. The reason why you rarely see straight player swaps is due to completely inconsequential picks being swapped to reach point equity on the trade.

E.g. last year saw Dom Tyson for Preuss and 62. 62 is a complete nothing pick so for all intents and purposes it was a straight player swap.

The point of these threads is to get the general gist of a trade across. You're not going to have many people interested in a discussion of what picks in the 60s and 70s to include in a hypothetical trade of Wines + SPP for Luko, given the whole point of the trade is the players, not the inconsequential picks.

C4 on the carlton board saying they are one of the clubs who have sounded out wines..

Pity they traded the 1st round pick to west lakes.
Swapped you mean... And I wouldn't take that pick for Wines

Wines and SPP for Luko. Who says no?

Luko could be everything but he also might not be.

I want him too but trading away two players of that quality is not without its risks.

To the "Lukosius isn't worth Wines" crowd, if we were straight swapping Wines for a draft pick, what draft pick would you be after? And if your answer is anything less than "pick 1 + change", you realise that pick 1 isn't 'proven' either, right? And if your answer is 'pick 1 + change', how exactly is a 25 year old who half this board doubts is even in our best 22 worth that?

I'd take Lukosius over Rowell. I'd take Lukosius over Anderson. And I'd well and truly take Lukosius over Wines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back