Trade Week. 10-17 October.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think there is something in the Goddard rumours.
- Apparently Swan has said that StKilda said 'No'..so they did approach the saints..so the rumours aren't completely unfounded.
- With free agency coming in the Saints could look to be proactive and get something for him now before possibly losing him for nothing..e.g Luke Ball

Imagine having Gibbs AND Goddard roaming around the G..they would be genuinely lethal.

As genuinly lethal as that sounds, it's probably not going to happen. They're stupid for not trying to rebuild and offload him because he very well could walk for SFA, but if they want to be hard headed then they'll be the ones who suffer the consequences. Let's just hope for their sake that he wants to remain a Saint beyond 2012.

Greg Swann:

Paul Bower and O'hAilpin are up for trade.
Two players have been delisted............?
Russell definitely staying at Carlton.. duh.

Brock McLean staying.
Has high hopes for Luke Mitchell.

Only reason Mclean would be staying is that no other club is interested, paying him alot of $ for another year with the Bullants.

I understand Bower's decision but I still feel he has a lot to offer the footy club.

Hopefully he said to the club that if the right deal does not come along he is happy to stay.

I'm curious about Bower, think he has some talent.

Can you keep it on the down low, some of your fellow supporters will be on here offering us your third rounder for our second and Bower. #lasttradeweektrauma#

I saw O'halpin and Bower asked to be traded o'halpin wants better oppertunities else where we might have stopped t-bird from going to hawks
dont know if it will work again we don't want players who won't be giving 100% because the club said no to being traded .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this confirmed?
A bit quick to delist Twomey isn't it? I thought he looked alright.

I agree. Thought he could actually become a pretty good player. Could probably put it down to the fact that we have too many players who are similar to him.

Anyone know if we've done this so that we can just recruit him back on to the rookie list again, for whatever reason (never really understood how the rookie list works).

Is this confirmed?
A bit quick to delist Twomey isn't it? I thought he looked alright.

The Carlton Football Club has confirmed four changes to the playing list following the retirement of Ryan Houlihan and the delisting of rookies in preparation for the 2012 season.

Rookie listed players Wayde Twomey, Joe Dare and Jaryd Cachia have been advised they will not be offered positions at the Club in 2012.

The club would like to thank all of these players for their contribution and wishes them well in their future endeavours. Carlton will communicate any further changes to its playing list as they arise.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4311/newsid/124879/default.aspx

I'm curious about Bower, think he has some talent.

Solid rebounding defender. Clearly AFL standard.

Main down sides are can be beaten in the one on ones with the bigger forwards (spoiling isnt an issue, body work can be) and minor injury concerns.

In other words nothing a year or two in the Gym wouldnt fix.

Pretty pissed to see him go TBH.

Not sure if serious.

But no
Ha, definately not serious. We'd probably have to give you a 2nd rounder to take the Cookie Monstor.
First rounder
Personally don't think Bower is worth pick #10, mate. Would you give up #10 for Bower? I know he's had a bit (lot) of injury trouble....not sure if that helps the arguement anyway....but pick 10?
Solid rebounding defender. Clearly AFL standard.

Main down sides are can be beaten in the one on ones with the bigger forwards (spoiling isnt an issue, body work can be) and minor injury concerns.

In other words nothing a year or two in the Gym wouldnt fix.

Pretty pissed to see him go TBH.
Advantage for us would be he'd be playing 3rd tall in defense behind Rutten and Talia with McKernan and Otten also able to play those taller roles (though he's a bit like Otten, just more accountable and less dynamic).

Would be a good spot for him I believe. But I'm not sure our two clubs are on speaking terms again :D Though I'm not sure how much of that was Icke....

sounds reasonable, maybe they could swap a couple of draft picks as well.

Problem is that Bower wants to go back to Perth.
It doesn't always pan out like that, but we may already have some negotiations heading that way.
If the CFC truly believe we can get his body back up to speed, I'd sooner we kept him.

Personally don't think Bower is worth pick #10, mate. Would you give up #10 for Bower? I know he's had a bit (lot) of injury trouble....not sure if that helps the arguement anyway....but pick 10?

No.....but it's how you guys seem to go about it;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back