Trade Week. 10-17 October.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have noticed Hardwick's in top-up-recruitment-mode. It's easy to tell when a Richmond coach is in the last year of their contract isn't it.

:)

While this little grenade would have been fun to drop in the middle of the Ricmond board, to be fair, with the 4000 draft picks GWS have in a supposedly thinner draft the clubs aren't getting as much of a chance to recruit quality youngsters.

What do you mean? We already have Pavlich.

2z53img.jpg

lol. :thumbsu:

Anyone know who is interested in Sentanta or Bower? I rather liked Sentanta and his emotion, and Bower would be good off the flank now that we have depth in our Defence. Hated seeing him play 1st/2nd Tall.

Collingwood get a replacement for Toovey
Carlton get another midfielder
West Coast get a premiership player who by in large is a very solid player and probably the most established player of the 3 players named.

Bower has injury issues
Stevens has not played a game, found it difficult to crack into the West Coast midfield, yet ours is better
Toovey was a part of the best back line of the last 2 years.

Its not so against the Eagles as you think.

Plus he can't kick and IMHO has dodgy decision making skills under pressure. I am probably on my own here as there seems an excessive amount of love for Bower on this forum, but I am of the opinion that the Blues should trade Bower now, as he will be less value in 12 months if he is still at the club.

Been a thrilling trade week so far.

And to think, this year they added a day.

Someone give me a nudge when something, anything happens.

I know what you mean. I'd rather watch grass grow but, you know, I'm worried that this'll happen:

[YOUTUBE]bnpHGADzEwc[/YOUTUBE]

My brother in law heard through Brock's cousin that he wanted to go to Essendon or Essendon were interested in him, probably BS, but thought i'd let you know what i heard Friday last week.

Would love to get Post from TIgers, he is out of contract and couldn't get a regular game this year, even though he played well when in. Good replacement for Waite in the years to come, just a thought.

St Kilda are listening to offers for Tom Lynch. 21, 192cm, 4 goals from 5 games this year. Mustn't rate the kid too highly if they have few other forward options to replace Roo and Kosi.

Worth a look as assistance to Jarrad Waite? 18 months older than any KPP we drafted last year.

St Kilda are listening to offers for Tom Lynch. 21, 192cm, 4 goals from 5 games this year. Mustn't rate the kid too highly if they have few other forward options to replace Roo and Kosi.

Worth a look as assistance to Jarrad Waite? 18 months older than any KPP we drafted last year.

No.

He makes McLean look like Usain Bolt.

Plus, he's a ginger.

I reckon Lynch goes OK from what I have seen of his limited chances. Pick 22 would far too much for him, ... would a 2nd or 3rd rounder do the trick or would that be over the odds too ?

Being a slow ginger aside :p, Lynch went high a few years ago but maybe a Laidler-style exchange of picks we might receive from Bower or Setanta.

A player with 6 games experience couldn't be on too much coin. So St K can't use the salary cap excuse as a reason to trade him. :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems we have short memories. The last time Paul Bower played fit was round 6 2010 vs Collingwood and he had 31 possessions and 11 marks. Was outstanding at chb and in our best three players. If he can stay fit he can hold down CHB and allows us the flexibility to move Hendo forward. He is a much better player than Setanta, Davies and even Tbird. He is a top 20 pick and when fit in our best 18, absolutely ludicrous to trade him, especially now when his value is so low.

Seems we have short memories. The last time Paul Bower played fit was round 6 2010 vs Collingwood and he had 31 possessions and 11 marks. Was outstanding at chb and in our best three players. If he can stay fit he can hold down CHB and allows us the flexibility to move Hendo forward. He is a much better player than Setanta, Davies and even Tbird. He is a top 20 pick and when fit in our best 18, absolutely ludicrous to trade him, especially now when his value is so low.
The game has changed a bit in the past 18 months, alright to get 31 touches and take 11 marks but can he nullify Travis Cloke???

Couldn't care less if he got a kick or not to be honest, can he lock down Cloke or Dawes now, judge him on what he can do now not what he has done previously!!!

A half fit Jonathon Brown looked very ominous on him this year when he subbed on in the last quarter.

The game has changed a bit in the past 18 months, alright to get 31 touches and take 11 marks but can he nullify Travis Cloke???

Couldn't care less if he got a kick or not to be honest, can he lock down Cloke or Dawes now, judge him on what he can do now not what he has done previously!!!

A half fit Jonathon Brown looked very ominous on him this year when he subbed on in the last quarter.

Cracking example. The 57 games played prior to this year don't matter a jot, but a quarter he played when subbed on after resuming from injury is a good indication. Classic BF.

We should chase a guy who can nulllify Cloke like...umm...err..little help???

Yep. Lonergan, Taylor and Scarlett. The 3 of them together seem to do the trick. Maybe we can get all 3 for bower and brock. :p

From memory the last time we beat Collingwood it was Bower who stitched up Cloke. The point re Cloke is short sighted Cloke is probably the best fwd in the competition now stitched up Harry Taylor and Rutten. Should they be traded as a result?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back