List Mgmt. Trade Week 2016 - Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mackenzie is 5x the player.
Stuck in the WAFL.

Like it or not, McGovern just won an AA spot down back and I can't see Simpson moving him. Schofield is a better third tall option than post-ACL Mackenzie.

Stuck in the WAFL.

Like it or not, McGovern just won an AA spot down back and I can't see Simpson moving him. Schofield is a better third tall option than post-ACL Mackenzie.
Schofield is a better third tall than Emac full stop . Mackenzie ' s disposal is rubbish and in a game plan requiring pin point passing from defence he is now just a back up

Stuck in the WAFL.

Ffs we were all screaming a couple of seasons ago that big e was due the aa spot.

Its his first year back after an acl - hes a tall - hes had an acl - it takes longer for talls to come back from.

Lets give him this season before we trash a guy who was close to our best player - ok

Jeez f kn goldfish memories on this board

Last edited:

Ffs we were all screaming a couple of seasons ago that big e was due the aa spot.

Its his first year back after an acl - hes a tall - hes had an acl - it takes longer for talls to come back from.

Lets give him this season before we trash a guy who was close to our best player - ok

Jeez ruddy goldfish memories on this board
The game moves quickly. Move with it or be left behind.

Mackenzie deserves to be starting somewhere but I don't see it being with us anymore. Keeping depth on what he would be paid is poor list management.

McKenzie will come good, and is a better option than Schofield in the long term.
Mackenzie, Barrass and McGovern (provided he stays there for now which seems likely) is not a workable trio.

People trying to make a square peg fit a round hole.

His only way into the side is McGovern becoming a permanent forward.

I'm not saying he's a poor player. He's just not the hero we need.

Schofield is a better third tall than Emac full stop . Mackenzie ' s disposal is rubbish and in a game plan requiring pin point passing from defence he is now just a back up

Schofield went backward in production in 2016 after his 2015 was a breakout season (and his best season at the Club), his regression last season was a major disappointment.
Big Ezy was miles ahead of Schofield in 2014.

If Schofield's production drops off any further in 2017 and Ezy gets back to 80 % of his previous form then the better player is pretty line ball.

They both are at risk of being overtaken in the depth chart from one of the younger players. Yeo is a very good third tall and gives a lot more run and carry out of the back line than the two fore mentioned.

We would only need to draft one of Griffen Logue / Jarrod Berry / Josh Rotham / Tom Williamson / Bailey Morrish and Schofield is immediately under pressure to hold his place.

Schofield may well be a better third tall than Ezy but that doesn't mean he is a good third tall.
Ezy is a back up for the genuine KPD and Scofield cant do that role whereas there are several players on our list that can play as a third tall.

Schofield went backward in production in 2016 after his 2015 was a breakout season (and his best season at the Club), his regression last season was a major disappointment.
Big Ezy was miles ahead of Schofield in 2014.

If Schofield's production drops off any further in 2017 and Ezy gets back to 80 % of his previous form then the better player is pretty line ball.

They both are at risk of being overtaken in the depth chart from one of the younger players. Yeo is a very good third tall and gives a lot more run and carry out of the back line than the two fore mentioned.

We would only need to draft one of Griffen Logue / Jarrod Berry / Josh Rotham / Tom Williamson / Bailey Morrish and Schofield is immediately under pressure to hold his place.

Schofield may well be a better third tall than Ezy but that doesn't mean he is a good third tall.
Ezy is a back up for the genuine KPD and Scofield cant do that role whereas there are several players on our list that can play as a third tall.
the issue is that schoey isn't reallly a third tall. Technically he is the number one tall as he takes the best forward each week. Gov isn't great on the best forward(i would argue that gov doesn't even play as a pure kpd) and barrass i dont think is ready to play on them just yet. If emac regains form he should surpass schoey. His kicking seems to be the issue but in 2014 he was a lot better. I think he should look at someone like daniel talia. Talia was a worse kick than him yet talias kicking and decision making has improved in the last few years.

the issue is that schoey isn't reallly a third tall. Technically he is the number one tall as he takes the best forward each week. Gov isn't great on the best forward(i would argue that gov doesn't even play as a pure kpd) and barrass i dont think is ready to play on them just yet. If emac regains form he should surpass schoey. His kicking seems to be the issue but in 2014 he was a lot better. I think he should look at someone like daniel talia. Talia was a worse kick than him yet talias kicking and decision making has improved in the last few years.

Wrong and wrong.

Firstly we play a team defence. I have no idea why people still think players have one player they play on.

Secondly, McGovern is one of top players when he has to go one on one. Foxsports did a stat and whilst I can't remember what it exactly was, it wasn't that he can't play shut down role.

Thirdly Schofield is a meh player. Easily replaced as soon as a young player shows something decent. He hasn't got enough impact with ball in his hand. Monocle mentioned yeo and I can see him going back. I do not see yeo being some "special midfield player". Not enough of the pill and for me his tackling isn't flash either in tough games.

He will need to settle being a role player and not a Fyfe and the like.

Brown will find a new home. But it won't be until either late in the rookie draft or afterwards. Strong draft, wait to see what else falls through first before picking up mature players. You know, like what we're doing with Petrie.

I'd be fine if we rookied him if nobody else picks him up, is that an option though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong and wrong.

Firstly we play a team defence. I have no idea why people still think players have one player they play on.

Disagree to an extent, they do play on specific players when the ball comes in quick. Team defence comes in when the ball comes in abit slower.

Schofield is sized like a third tall but regularly plays on some bigger types. Much prefer EMac on those bigger guys but its not ideal to switch them each week depending on who we play.

Wrong and wrong.

Secondly, McGovern is one of top players when he has to go one on one. Foxsports did a stat and whilst I can't remember what it exactly was, it wasn't that he can't play shut down role.

Thirdly Schofield is a meh player. Easily replaced as soon as a young player shows something decent. He hasn't got enough impact with ball in his hand. Monocle mentioned yeo and I can see him going back. I do not see yeo being some "special midfield player". Not enough of the pill and for me his tackling isn't flash either in tough games.

He will need to settle being a role player and not a Fyfe and the like.
Yes we do have a team defence but schoey is just about the only player that has a man for majority of the game. It was one reason why our web worked in 2015 and schoey played out of his skin and beat a lot of qulity KPF's. He regressed this year but he still took the best talls and lined up on them for majority of the game. Barrass coming in mid year helped him out a bit. If mackenzie can find form he should replace schoey.
can't find it but earlier in the year champion date released that and they showed each player that gov beat in a 1v1 contest. Only a handful of players were the oppositions best talls. most of them tend to be smalls/midsize/third tall forwards or resting ruckmen. Gov's 1v1 against true kpfs ain't that great.

Also i have never seen yeo as a fyfe type. He doesn't have the smarts or tank to be a star mid. But in 2015 he showed that he can be a great fwd/mid. This year he drank his bath water and also was moved around quite a bitand not allowed to settle. Some games he played purely as a forward, some as mid and then some as fwd/mid. Give Yeo another season to find his form and give him an uninterrupted crack as a fwd/mid. He along with NN and shuey are our only X factor players and he has the ability to break open games in short burst and is far more dangerous there than in defence. If he stinks it up again drop him back to wafl and then when he works his way into the side move him into defence. If you want a third tall thats not a KPF then shep is your man. Did it to perfection in 2015 and most of last year.

Whats the point if he's in the WAFL sucking salary from the rest of the team. The only positive is that we know, we should get a 600k kitty to spend next season whether on our own players or on a FA/Trade.
Big players always take a year to get back into afl after knees. Watch him kill it this year

Big players always take a year to get back into afl after knees. Watch him kill it this year

Let's hope so.

In an ideal world Emac, Schofield and Barrass will take care of the backline releasing Gov to CHF/FF with Kennedy and Darling.

Wouldn't mind just having two KPB's in Emac & Barrass - We arguably play better with a smaller backline setup - too may talls kill our run from HB.

Add one or two of Bolton/SPP/Ryan to that forward line and it will be hard to stop!

FB Hurn Emac Schofield
HB Sheppard Barrass Wellingham

HF Jetta McGovern Darling
FF Bolton Kennedy Lecras

Let's hope so.

In an ideal world Emac, Schofield and Barrass will take care of the backline releasing Gov to CHF/FF with Kennedy and Darling.

Wouldn't mind just having two KPB's in Emac & Barrass - We arguably play better with a smaller backline setup - too may talls kill our run from HB.

Add one or two of Bolton/SPP/Ryan to that forward line and it will be hard to stop!

FB Hurn Emac Schofield
HB Sheppard Barrass Wellingham

HF Jetta McGovern Darling
FF Bolton Kennedy Lecras
I'd go Gov at ff and Kennedy at chf

was scrolling through one of the eagles fb pages and i found this post related to the brown delistings. Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 11.26.41 PM.png

Theres a few players that i have disliked over the time but i would never call one of our blokes a dickhead/flog unless they're an an actual flog like chicky. Brown was an average footballer but he was one of the nicest blokes at the club and bled blue and gold during his time comments like that are tottaly unwarranted.

was scrolling through one of the eagles fb pages and i found this post related to the brown delistings.View attachment 308204

Theres a few players that i have disliked over the time but i would never call one of our blokes a dickhead/flog unless they're an an actual flog like chicky. Brown was an average footballer but he was one of the nicest blokes at the club and bled blue and gold during his time comments like that are tottaly unwarranted.

Why do you do it to yourself?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Week 2016 - Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back